Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Battlefield Bad Company Beta on Live now!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

so much exp, especially on defence.

do you get different experiece points for different classes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Kind of. As a medic as well and getting exp for killing people and completing objectives, you get exp for healing your team and reviving them, which can be a lot when you're defending. Engineers get exp for repairing vechiles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I love being a Medic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I love being a Medic!

Well, that would due to around the 40 revives you gave to me last night buddy, cheers!

Sorry didn't have chat working, I was in a party with some other lads from Avforums.

Be on again tonight, awesome game, but the snipers do my head in.

FR's welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Game is riddled with snipers..

Has anyone witnessed a sniper taking your teams only tank apc etc and driving it to there base, getting hit a few times jumping out and letting the enemy take it for themselve?

Or hopping in a heli and flying off on there own only to jump out above the enemies base and leave the heli be destroyed.. or get destroyed themselves.

Hopefully these ejits will get bored in the coming weeks and the game will calm down.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

The game just out is called "Bad Company 2" isn't it?

The only demo I could find is Battlefield Bad Company on XBL. Is this the one I should download?

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Well, that would due to around the 40 revives you gave to me last night buddy, cheers!

Well, I gotta keep my fellow Boardsies in the fight!!!

The medic class is the best, I was just healing and reviving people for ages, it was great craic, sprinting outta cover, ignoring the enemy fire just to revive guys...My XP went through the roof in one match, over 3K...thats high for me anyways...

Will be back on tonight after 9 for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

This game is amazing. Its such good fun! would like to play with a squad working together though. Few boardies up for that mabye?

GT:Screw2loose

John_Mc wrote: »
    The game just out is called "Bad Company 2" isn't it?

The only demo I could find is Battlefield Bad Company on XBL. Is this the one I should download?

I think the demo servers are closed, so don't download it, you wont be able to play.
    This game is amazing. Its such good fun! would like to play with a squad working together though. Few boardies up for that mabye?

Will Add you later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I think the demo servers are closed, so don't download it, you wont be able to play.

That's a bit ridiculous isnt it? I should still be able to evaluate the game before buying it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Been playing it sincE Sunday I love it single player is a mixed bag but online is quality stuff. Rush is awesom. I must admit I am a shotgun whore ATM I can rack some mean streaks with it attica harbour is my fav map though the jungle map has the best openng you can grab a quad bike and ramp onto the roof of abuilding fly off the building straight into point B and then shotgun a few people and plant excellent stuff

will add you later. never managed to get online last night :mad:

but will defo be on later about 7 or 8, ready to wreak havok in the choppers LOL :p

One nitpick I had with the team last night was, there was nobody using rocket launchers....I had the laser dart as secondary and was getting loads of points for the amount of tanks and apc's I lit up, but nobody took them out.

Would probably need a dedicated demolitions guy in some of the levels with tonnes of vehicles.

One nitpick I had with the team last night was, there was nobody using rocket launchers....I had the laser dart as secondary and was getting loads of points for the amount of tanks and apc's I lit up, but nobody took them out.

Would probably need a dedicated demolitions guy in some of the levels with tonnes of vehicles.

well i will usually play as a sniper, but engineer would be my second choice so i will try fill that role if we get a few games later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Does anyone else think there's too many snipers ?
    I started off as one but am changing to Assault as no-one seems interested in capturing objectives or defusing charges..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Does anyone else think there's too many snipers ?
    I started off as one but am changing to Assault as no-one seems interested in capturing objectives or defusing charges..

Recon class is probably the best in the game, I find way more engineers then snipers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Played a few games last night, and struggled a bit to get to grips with the controls again after playing MW for so long, but enjoyed it immensely.. Can't wait to put some decent hours in.

Love the dogtags.. Me and my brother used to play the first one loads, and I don't think he ever managed to get my dogtags.. that enraged him a lot. trying to convince him to get this :D

Did totally crap tonight...couldn't shoot for sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Did totally crap tonight...couldn't shoot for sh1t.

Still managed to kill me a fair few times

Did I? :D You got me too I think.

Its kinda hard see the names of the people you kill sometimes, same with people that need to be revived, it can be near impossible to see them in a built up area, but they are showing on the map, even then its hard to spot them, got killed loads looking around on the ground where someone was down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Did I? :D You got me too I think.

Its kinda hard see the names of the people you kill sometimes, same with people that need to be revived, it can be near impossible to see them in a built up area, but they are showing on the map, even then its hard to spot them, got killed loads looking around on the ground where someone was down.

Well i was tempted to walk up to you and jump up and down in front of you but what with me being the enemy i said i will just kill you.:D

Now I am glad I killed you a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Anyone else unlocked the M60 + Red dot scope + weapon handling? I call it "The rapist" :D Its ****ing unstoppable!
    Far, far too many snipers in this too, and not even playing recon class properly, the ****in eejits. Just sitting in a bush all HURR DURR IMA SNIPER.
    Rush mode is the best mode, think im pretty sick of conquest after years of playing it in every BF game from BF1942 up til Bad company 1. Rush feels musch more like a real full scale battle, and the fact that capping all the flags does **** all in conquest makes it a pretty redundant game mode. I had a go of it last night and just found it boring compared to Rush.
    I love the SP too, so many pure lol moments from Haggard & Sweetwater :D
    Oh any anyone who hasnt seen this really needs to:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

If I'm getting sniped a lot I go for the UAV and do everything I can to spot the bastards, people need to use that spotter button!! Makes camping redundant.

Yeah I find rush more about 200 times better then it was in BC1 much more refined and the maps are much better suited to that game mode. My fav map for Rush is the one from the demo and the night time snow map. Brilliant.

Can the UAV shoot? I was using it and pressing fire, then a minute or 2 later it looks like it fired or guided a rocket in!!!

The game I was in with MayoforSam last night, and I think the team was mostly made up of AVForums lads, but everyone must have been using the spotter button because they enemy were constantly lit up. It was class.

But If I go quick match, nobody is using it, you get points for using it and all, so I dunno why its not been used more, its a great feature.

well i love sniping, its very satisfying lining up a shot from the other side of the map and hitting them in the head. But i do agree that its not all about sniping if your a recon class!

If i am sniping i will always spot targets, easier for me to follow them and for other people to pick them off too. And if i don't get the kill i still get 20 points(AFAIK) for another person taking them down.

So i would recommend that everyone uses the spot button more often. It helps the team and you at the same time!

Had a bit of craic with Cableguy last night. Didnt get too many kills, mainly due to people not being able to fly the chopper I was in OR not being able to shoot when I was flying the chopped and holding it perfectly steady :mad::mad::mad:

have started to figure out where to stay put with different classes when defending now so the M-COM stations will never get destroyed :-)

Biggest annoyance so far though is people not playing this as a team :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    RAIN wrote: »
    If I'm getting sniped a lot I go for the UAV and do everything I can to spot the bastards, people need to use that spotter button!! Makes camping redundant.

whats the spotter button? is it just for recon?
    Can the UAV shoot? I was using it and pressing fire, then a minute or 2 later it looks like it fired or guided a rocket in!!!

each time you fire the missile it takes a while to reload.

miju wrote: »
    Biggest annoyance so far though is people not playing this as a team :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    whats the spotter button? is it just for recon?

The back button is the spotter button, it also can be used to call for a medic or ammo if you are low, and also for attack and defend orders.

Ya, its seems to be one big free for all at the moment, we would need to get a few squads together here, mics on, and have a few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

To fire the machine gun on the UAV, you need to have unlocked and equipped the ALT W package (alternative vehicle weapon package). It can be a bit difficult to use this effectively as you need to be accurate and there isn't much splash damage.

To shoot rockets, hold the white square steady over your target for a few seconds and when you get a lock, the missile automatically fires (I think). It re-charges itself after a bit.

UAV is great for spotting on the open maps, just keep spamming the 'back' button (they have nerfed this compared to the demo though).

Teamwork is key to make this game work properly. A few times yesterday, I was part of a squad which was attacking. When two of us had been killed in quick succession (other squad member was sniping from a distance), it would have been great to have told the last remaining squad member to take cover and wait for us to re-spawn on him but instead, he also ended up getting killed :rolleyes:. Cue re-spawn at home base and a 2 minute trudge back to the frontline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Its really hard to get team together without the headset, unless you plaing with your friends and can call them. I was in the squad many times, but never did a perfect run as everyone in the squad playing on their on.

I also noitces and full game is different to demo in relation to game balance, damages made and so own.

BTW, what is Hardcore mode? it is harder to kill, I see, but is it worth it? would you get more points/achivments?

Has anyone tried squad rust yet? I wonder, is it good?

Advertisement