Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Battlefield Bad Company Beta on Live now!

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

miju wrote: »
    Had a bit of craic with Cableguy last night. Didnt get too many kills, mainly due to people not being able to fly the chopper I was in OR not being able to shoot when I was flying the chopped and holding it perfectly steady :mad::mad::mad:

have started to figure out where to stay put with different classes when defending now so the M-COM stations will never get destroyed :-)

Biggest annoyance so far though is people not playing this as a team :mad::mad::mad::mad:

whats the spotter button? is it just for recon?

each time you fire the missile it takes a while to reload.

Any time you see someone either in UAV or not you aim at them and press select. This makes a red triangle appear above their heads. If they are shot after this you get 20+ bonus for spotting assist. So if you are defending the last base in rush its great to have someone in a high area spotting people so they appear on the map for everyone to see. It can be used with any class but in Recon you can unlock a scope that does it automatically!

There is a perk that allows you to use alt fire on vehicles, if you have it then you can also use a chain gun with the UAV, its really handy because the missile strike takes about 30 sec to reload. The UAV is super handy for just flying over an area and spotting people. Its a brilliant mechanic that I wish every shooter had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

RAIN wrote: »
    There is a perk that allows you to use alt fire on vehicles, if you have it then you can also use a chain gun with the UAV, its really handy because the missile strike takes about 30 sec to reload. The UAV is super handy for just flying over an area and spotting people. Its a brilliant mechanic that I wish every shooter had.

Might have that perk already, must equip it, think the limited editions have it unlocked from the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

how much is this selling for looking to pick up a copy online or bricks and morter which ever one is cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Just watched the Tips and Tricks video from the PS3 thread and am all ready to do some major spotting this evening.. Ill keep an eye out for some of you guys and hopefully be able to drop into a couple of games

Planning to be on this from 7....

FRs welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

naughto wrote: »
    how much is this selling for looking to pick up a copy online or bricks and morter which ever one is cheaper

45 euro in HMV. Game have it for 15 is you trade in selected games against it. 2 of the games are Darksiders and Bayonetta, not sure what the others were. I think Bioshock 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

will be out playing every second day from 21-00 roughly, if anyone to join, my id is lordzemli. I'll be happy to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I'll be on tonight too around 9 ish 'galwaydave' is mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Should be on myself from 8.00 or 9.00 depending on when i finish a couple of laps on Blur
    GT Cableguy IE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

feel free to add me as well guys M1JU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Good guide here with info on all of the weapons, kits and upgrades. Tells you how much XP you need to get each one: http://battlefieldbadass.com/equipment/all-kits/

I got the Limited Edition with ALT-W out of the box, very handy.

I don't think I have seen anyone use smoke from a vehicle yet, funny enough. Would be a good anti-sniper tactic when capturing flags / placing a charge if you have infantry support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

cheers mate, will be helpfull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

NotorietyH wrote: »
    45 euro in HMV. Game have it for 15 is you trade in selected games against it. 2 of the games are Darksiders and Bayonetta, not sure what the others were. I think Bioshock 2.

currenty bidding for it on ebay hope i get it(around 30euro).ill rent it for the week if i dont in xtravision

Was i the only person getting disconnected from this game last night.
    Just as i am getting into the game as well. Really annoying.

I wasn't disconnected once.. tho I did see on the update ticker thing that they said they were having some connectivity issues

Really enjoyed playing it last night. Spend the majority as recon, spotting.. Love the feature.

It did seem that everything I heard a noise behind me it was Batman, who then promptly took my dogtags..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Same thing happened me after I had unlocked 2 new weapons :(
    Couldn't connect after either.

It was fine for me anyways.

You got me a few times last night!! I got you back a good few times too.

Colmise, I got your tags a few times, and was delighted till you got mine! :mad:

Great games last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Happened to me aswell, got an almighty killstreak, must have mowed down 5 or 6 guys defending an m-com station as for some reason they didnt seen me :D all bunch up nicely together.
    Don't really mind this at the moment, as I am just assuming they are creating these server to handle the demand but I assume (hope...) it will be sorted in a week or two for a rock solid game experience (or is this wishful thinking).

Overall thought, I am loving this game. But the game experience really depends on how your team is playing.

Come to think of it,that's what happened to me. I unlocked some weapons and the next game it kicked me out..

Yes good game's last night. As soon as I get used to the maps, I should play better. Loved the bit where batman walked into my grenade. But there are a lot of snipers and the camo is much better than MW2 so it's harder to see them especially when your teammates are not spotting though some of my teammates were.

• Advertisement

Loved the bit where batman walked into my grenade.

I have no recollection of that. But you did get me a good few times. Any time a boards player got me, I was gutted.

In the snow level set at night, I got you with a lovely heat shot with the M60, I just say this tiny bit of movement way off near the tree line by a stream, and fired not expecting anything, was delighted with the headshot.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I have no recollection of that. But you did get me a good few times. Any time a boards player got me, I was gutted.

In the snow level set at night, I got you with a lovely heat shot with the M60, I just say this tiny bit of movement way off near the tree line by a stream, and fired not expecting anything, was delighted with the headshot.

Yes i remember that, I wasn't exactly expecting to get shot i was doing the sneaky sneaky go round the back come out unseen and stabby stabby time. I silently cursed you then.:D

I kept my gun trained there for a while after that, and shot a few more guys. Loving the M60. But then they tried to bring the building down, it got hit with a flurry of rockets or mortars or something.

The Medic class is great, getting a load of XP per game, mostly healing and reviving, not much killing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Does anyone else not even get into a game?Mine just say searching for games for 2 seconds then goes

Servers are out of action until tomorrow afternoon I think..

http://twitter.com/OfficialBfbc2

Advertisement