Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joseph O'Connor on DriveTime

• 28-01-2010 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else need to leave the room / turn him off when he comes on?

I mean hasn't his schtick run its course at this stage?

I'm sure he's getting a man-sized wedge for his hackneyed drivel too.

And as has been pointed out in relation to many others, at our expense.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055723501

Hey Duck, we were through this a few months ago. Suffice to say most people are sick of his self pompous, self indulgent drivel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Duck's hoop

Thanks for that. I missed it. Though would have been surprised to find he hadn't raised at least a few hackles by this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

The entire show needs a major overhaul. From Mary Wilson's monotone delivery, to the inane and smug Joesph O'Connor drivel, the whole thing is a joke. The occassional Olivia O'Leary piece is the only thing that lifts this fiasco in public service broadcasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Good man Sarge, nice tight first post if I may opine.

Just enough bile in it to make it interesting.

Indeed, O'Connor has run his course, total whanker in my opinion.

Olivia always hits the nail on the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Just enough bile in it to make it interesting.

just so as you know, sarge, thats a compliment :)

• Advertisement

Sergeant wrote: »
    The entire show needs a major overhaul. From Mary Wilson's monotone delivery, to the inane and smug Joesph O'Connor drivel, the whole thing is a joke. The occassional Olivia O'Leary piece is the only thing that lifts this fiasco in public service broadcasting.

That pretty much covers it for me as well. Cant stand Derek "I'm the finest, while concurrently being the most sanctimonious b*stard" Davis, and that Fergus Finlay with his poor mouth sh1te... Him who has undisclosed wages as head of Barnardos, a former spin doctor and friend of Frank Dunlop. He really sticks in my craw.

Very hard to understand how Drivetime collected the PPI GOLD award for Best News Story 2009. I personally dont think the show was worthy of any awards. Rachael English is soo much slicker and sharper that Wilson, as is Philip BH when he covers the slot.

That pretty much covers it for me as well. Cant stand Derek "I'm the finest, while concurrently being the most sanctimonious b*stard" Davis, and that Fergus Finlay with his poor mouth sh1te... Him who has undisclosed wages as head of Barnardos, a former spin doctor and friend of Frank Dunlop. He really sticks in my craw.

Very hard to understand how Drivetime collected the PPI GOLD award for Best News Story 2009. I personally dont think the show was worthy of any awards. Rachael English is soo much slicker and sharper that Wilson, as is Philip BH when he covers the slot.

Have to agree on all of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

hes won a award

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

With past winners like...Jerry O'Sullivan, Orla Barry, Oisin Langan, Eamon Keane, Fergal Keane, Colm and JimJim... I find it difficult to take the PPI awards seriously. They are industry awards that mean very little to those not in the industry.

Spot on,, who's turn is it this year kind of stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

deadhead13 wrote: »
    With past winners like...Jerry O'Sullivan,
    Surely not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Aidric wrote: »
    Surely not?

I'm afraid so, "Sports Broadcaster of the Year" 2005.

Spot on,, who's turn is it this year kind of stuff.

http://www.ppiradioawards.com/2009/winners_2009.asp

GROUP D - GENERAL PROGRAMMING AWARDS.
    I love the way the Community/Social Action award was given to Tipperary Assaults – Liveline .. I think the person who carried out the assaults should be given a mention... "because *sniffle* without them, this never could have happened"...

Tubridy winning Speech Broadcaster Of The Year really gives testimony to poor the standards are.. That ridiculous fluff piece of a show.

Advertisement