Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house insurance claim

Options
  • 28-01-2010 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭

had pipes leak after the big freeze and the tenants in the house moved out (they were leaving at end of month anyway) and are requesting the rent back for the rest of month. I put the claim in but now the insurance co wants to inspect the damage. Can I claim for lost rental earning for part of jan up until house is habitable again? Also I was told that the excess for leaks is 500, is this
    common with insurance companies or did I just not do my homework - i don't recall it being mentioned when I chose the policy?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

sweetie wrote: »
    Can I claim for lost rental earning for part of jan up until house is habitable again?

I think only if you can prove you would have actually had tenants in it in for that period were it not for the flood but even thats not a guarantee.
    sweetie wrote: »
    Also I was told that the excess for leaks is 500, is this
    common with insurance companies or did I just not do my homework - i don't recall it being mentioned when I chose the policy?
    cheers

Excess is common with all types of insurance. €500 excess is probably the case here, check your insurance documentation, it will have all the details.

Advertisement