Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to find tou what programs are installed on a remote pc

• 28-01-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

is there any tool i can use to tell what software is installed on a remote pc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

not without a program on the remote pc to communicate back with you. This can come in many ways from just "remote-pc"ing in to control the desktop from somewhere else to a java applet loaded from a website. If you're logged into a domain then with admin access you can also set up remote code execution without having the end user accept or download anything new. can you explain your problem further?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭thebourke

basically im a desktop admin of a windows 2003 server network..
    i dont want to remote desktop onto their machines..
    just want to use some tool/script that can be run on all pc's on the network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I imagine any tools out there access the remote registry of each pc on your network. But not all software installs registry items.

Do you want to list "all software", or all instances of a piece of software ( eg. if you've got a finite number of licenses ? )

I'd imagine there's applications to scan the remote registry of all pc's on the network for certain applications. Eg. if you want to check you bought enough licenses.

This link looks promising ( I only looked for freeware )
    * I haven't tested it, so use at your own risk

EasyRegScan Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭thebourke

yes its a list of all software i require

Advertisement