Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Rental?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Can anyone help with a good bargain on car rental?

Looking for a small car, in Italy for 7 days week in April.
    Hertz.ie - €218
    Hertz.it - €188

By using the 60 advance rate code, I can get Hertz.ie down to €195

Are there better deals around?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

travelsupermarket.com is pretty good for car rental, they generally have quotes from the big companies, hertz and avis as well as lots of others, maybe worth a look. I used them last year for a holiday rental in Italy and had no problems, found them to have the cheapest prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭HappyHarry

cdb wrote: »
    travelsupermarket.com is pretty good for car rental, they generally have quotes from the big companies, hertz and avis as well as lots of others, maybe worth a look. I used them last year for a holiday rental in Italy and had no problems, found them to have the cheapest prices.

Thanks, they have a couple of rates at less that €140.

Never heard of any of the companies or seen their desks anywhere, I guess they act as agents for the usual players? Do you remember who you booked through and what desk you collected the keys from?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

I usually check travelsupermarket as well, they get quotes from everyone. But bear in mind some of the more obscure companies might not have the car you orderd when you turn up!
    When you find the best deal on travelsupermarket, see if the company's on be thrifty and you'll earn some cashback!

Advertisement