Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's you view on the new signing Gudjohnsen?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Do you think Van the man is still on the cards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Hmmm, it's a tricky one. I always liked him when he played for Chelsea, and to a lesser extent (mainly because he didn't play as much) with Barca, though I wonder if he feels he has anything more to prove? He's 31, so not too old, very capable of being the number 10, ala Sheringham, and could work very well with Defoe.

If he comes it'll be on loan, so I can't really complain. I'm just a bit disappointed that it hasn't worked out for Pav to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Redknapp was saying that he could switch to a diamond formation with gudjohnsen I don't know how well that will work

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Redknapp was saying that he could switch to a diamond formation with gudjohnsen I don't know how well that will work

I can't see a diamond working too well either, ideally I would want Modric at the top of it anyway.

The success of this loan move all depends on the player really. If he comes in with a good attitude and in good shape then he could be a great addition for the run-in. He has great experience, something we really need.

Anyone know why things didn't work out for him at Monaco?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

dclane wrote: »

Strange one, maybe he is coming in to be an option for central midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

dclane wrote: »

He signed for Hamburg almost a week ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I can't see a diamond working too well either, ideally I would want Modric at the top of it anyway.

I'd agree with this completely.

For me Spurs best way of playing is with quick wingers, knock the ball around and then the killer ball behind the fullback. In the absence of this I say fair play for trying something new if he goes with the diamond. (thats unless it goes horribly wrong and I will call Harry all the names under the sun for getting it wrong. Hindsight is just great)

not sure about the diamond formation but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Mullo76 wrote: »
    I'd agree with this completely.

For me Spurs best way of playing is with quick wingers, knock the ball around and then the killer ball behind the fullback. In the absence of this I say fair play for trying something new if he goes with the diamond. (thats unless it goes horribly wrong and I will call Harry all the names under the sun for getting it wrong. Hindsight is just great)

not sure about the diamond formation but time will tell.

Without Lennon, we have no natural width (apart from Bentley :rolleyes: ) - so the diamond could work. Modric and Niko never stay out wide anyway, both love to wander so it could be that it will suit the players at his disposal. Time will tell I suppose.

Advertisement