Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many kids question?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Have one. Second due in April.

I'm done so the missis has been told she needs to come up with a large lump sum before even mentioning number three. I'm almost hoping she doesn't win the lottery. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I've a 17 month old girl of my own and I'm step-dad to her half brother who's 4. As the O/H says, "the kitchen's closed". We just couldn't handle any more at this stage and finances would be a worry too.

I'd only ever pictured myself as a father to a little girl but never fancied having an only child so happy enough as we are. Have thought about the snip a lot recently but the reversal rates don't seem great should we ever change our minds / unforseeable circumstances etc. Seems too permanent...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Before having a family I thought 3 or 4 was a good number.

Once we started we just went with the flow. Now number 5 is due tomorrow. Never say never, but we are probably done after that. Theres not a spare minute as it is so its going to be mental here for a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

Well, when I was a kid I wanted 4 kids (two of each). I'm an only child and hated it, I really think it's easier with more than one.
    Then I realised that I do not really want kids in general, I just want them with my OH :D

Have no. 1 on the way and (unless I absolutely hate the experience) I'd like no. 2 to come shortly after.
    Then we'll just have to wait and see. If I end up getting a good job then I'll want a big-ish gap, if not - then it'll just depend on when we want another one. I can't imagine liking baby stage, I mostly want grown up kids :D

My husband is from a family of 7 and all of his siblings are great to be around. I know nothing is guaranteed, but it'll be nice to give my kids some extra relatives. Being from such a small family myself and not on a speaking terms with my parents I pretty much don't have 'my side' of the extended family (my in-laws are lovely though). And it was pretty lonely growing up.

We don't have much money or a house (our boy is a 'recession baby', no point spending another couple of years without a job just to start a family when a good one shows up) but we are resigned to the fact that even when finances are better they won't be great, so no point putting our lives on hold. Kids will just have to share ;)

I'm (thankfully) dealing with the pregnancy really well, so hopefully I'll keep being lucky!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

my wife was effectively an only child (14 years between her and her next sibling), we had a honeymoon baby, didnt even discuss kids except that we wanted 3/4

so no 1 comes along and within months of the birth she was talking about no 2 as they would be close together and the other two (possible) another few years apart but that they would be close enough.

however after a very long wait(2 years in total) no 2 arrived and no sooner was he home than no 3 was in the oven.

so now they are all close but no 4 is still on the cards however it can wait 3/4 years. locals make jokes about me sleeping in the shed etc its all good fun and would not give up what Ive gone through in the last 4 years for gold. if we had the time and the money we would have many many more but the oh body wont take it anymore than the purse strings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 itz me

have one she's 6, plans to have 1 more but just not yet...maybe its a big gap but we are really enjoying our 6yr old now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I have 3 boys 8, 5 and 3 months and would love another one or maybe two (boy or girl) Always wanted a big family:D

Advertisement