Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands You Wish You Could've Seen (or Could See) and didn't get that chance!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Pantera - Mainly due to Dimebag
    Guns N Roses - The Slash/Axl combo

Michael Jackson - Not rock/metal but would have loved to see him live..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Nea wrote: »
    Bit of a mixed bag

Cinderella before Tommy Keifer's voice went
    Black Sabbath with Ozzy
    Green Carnation
    Sepultura circa Chaos AD, was always raging I missed Sepultura/Paradise Lost gig in the SFX
    Dimmu Borgir around Enthrone Darkness Triumphant
    Sacred Reich

Other than Cinderella, I think I've seen all of the above. Reading a lot of posts, I realise how lucky I am with what I've seen (well any of the post 1993 gigs).
    Wish I gotten to see Queensryche when they played here in 1990, but unfortunately I was only 12. Also wish I'd bothered going to see both Pantera & Alice in Chains in 1993 when they played here, but back then, the bit of money I had was tightly stretched. Some of my school friends went to them, but I chose other gigs over them.

For everyone that wishes that they'd seen Pantera in 01, I saw them in Melbourne that year & they were awful. Phil Anselmo was off his head for the whole gig. He forgot half the words & lay on the floor for most of the time. I had been so looking forward to seeing them for the first time & was disgusted at the state of him. Thankfully COC were supporting them & they were great. Had ticket for Tattoo the Planet but didn't really mind too much when it was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Alice in Chains with Layne Stayley
    Metallica with Jason newstead.
    Great Taste their:P,Ive been to Couple Hundred Gigs over the Years,and these two are Still My Top two Of all Time,
    No.1.Metallica '92 on the Black Tour in The Point with Newsted,,The Stage Was in the Shape of a Triangle goin Out into the Crowd with See-Thru Steel Ramps Running Up the Sides so everyone was within 6 rows of the Front,,Never Forget Hetfield lookin me straight in the face with his teeth gritted growling 'Am I Evilllllllll?,YESSSS I AMMMMMMM'..nearly Crapped myself:eek: Well he Was Twisted and I was still UnderAge:pac:
    No.2.Alice In Chains SFX '93 With Staley..Left that Gig Stunned with the Show we'd just seen..Was buzzin for Months after,,Would?,Them Bones,Man In the Box,Down in a Hole all the Classics but when Layne was Singing that 'YEAHHHHHHH He Aint Gonna Die' bit in Rooster the Roof nearly came in:eek: just INCREDIBLE Gigs Will Never Forget Em:)
    For Me Would have loved to have seen Pantera and Temple of the Dog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭TheLargerBowl

Well I'm listening to Dream Theater's Live Scenes From New York album now... damn, I would have liked to have been at that gig, Scenes From A Memory played straight through would have been SO awesome to hear live.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Metallica with Jason :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Oh and the original Alice in Chains, even though I saw them during the summer with the new lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 34 EgoApocalypse

bubonicus wrote: »
    Acrimony
    Kyuss
    Acid Bath

I second that..............

Along with

Kevin Gilbert.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

So, I was thinking the other day, I've been fortunate enough to see some great acts throughout the years (Metallica, Megadeth, Faith No More, Machine Head, Velvet Revolver, Guns N' Roses) but is there an act you have always wanted to see that you never got the chance to, or someone you just keep missing, perhaps someone who never plays here and just tours Europe/Japan or the States and only does that one UK show in London

Or maybe you wanted to see a band before the death or absence of a member, or a band in support of a pivotal album, list your troubles below!

For Me:
    1. Guns N' Roses lineup when they played Slane in 92 or with Stradlin
    2. Metallica (w/Jason Newstead)
    3. Def Leppard (I've missed them SO many times)
    4. Pearl Jam
    5. Danger Danger

Would it annoy ya if I said I seen them all :)

oops sorry, but im 35 now :) andy timmons is amazing on guitar seen early warrant, tyketto, little angels, jovi, kid joe and more....leppard are amazing too :)

See axl with slash was something special too althoughbthey didnt interact at all, were just going through the motions :D

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭hacx

megadeth ;~;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Led Zeppelin with John Bonham of course. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Ones that will never happen:
    AC/DC with Bon Scott
    Pink Floyd, preferably on the '80-'81 Wall tour
    Led Zeppelin
    Thin Lizzy with Philo
    Rory Gallagher (one of my biggest regrets was not going to the free gig he did on College Green which turned out to be his last Irish gig)
    Black Sabbath w/ Ozzy or Dio (so close!)
    Nirvana

Ones that hopefully still might:
    Rammstein (missed this tour because I was in Oz)
    Rush

I think I've been lucky in who I have managed to see through the years, mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

PMI wrote: »
    Would it annoy ya if I said I seen them all :)

oops sorry, but im 35 now :) andy timmons is amazing on guitar seen early warrant, tyketto, little angels, jovi, kid joe and more....leppard are amazing too :)

See axl with slash was something special too althoughbthey didnt interact at all, were just going through the motions :D

OK, gonna have to ask this, where did you see Danger Danger?

I was impressed at that

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

The Beatles - January 30 1969, Apple Corps. Rooftop.
    Pink Floyd - Circa. 1973
    Bob Dylan - Circa. 1965
    Led Zeppelin - Circa. 1975
    Grateful Dead - Circa. 1969
    Rory Gallagher - Circa. 1976
    Mötley Crüe - Circa. 1987
    Queen - w/ Freddie Mercury
    Jimi Hendrix - Anytime. Ever.

I know some of them are still on the go, but they each had a certain time in their career that was just either unbelievable unique, representative of the times, or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Pantera
    Type O Negative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

The majority of my favourite bands, like Motley Crue, Europe, Def Leppard and Guns N' Roses, I have seen live, but unfortunately in the 80's when they were at their heydey I was a schoolchild and not allowed to go to concerts unaccompanied, and the only things my parents took me to see live were things I didn't even want to see! So I would like to have seen those bands as they were in the 80's. I wish I had seen Def Leppard when they still had Steve, I think Vivian is a crap guitarist, I've seen Leppard live 12 times and he has never gotten a solo right any of the times I've seen them. I also wish I had seen the Manic Street Preachers when they still had Richey.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

Last Year: AC/DC (would have bought a ticket but for lack of money), Oasis

This Year: Heaven & Hell (and some people here probably know why) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Thin Lizzy when Phil Lynott was still alive would have been amazing, was only 12 or so when he died:(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Astro Zombie

Dio/heaven and hell. was gutted when they pulled out of the maiden thing, even more so when he died.

Maiden with Di'Anno

Misfits 95- Graves, Only, Doyle, Chud, Ive seen them with Only, Cadina, Robo not great like. Any of the danzig era line ups would of been rockin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

1) Type O Negative. RIP Pete Steele. :(

2) Gorgoroth with Gaahl.

3) Norther with Petri Lindroos. Aleksi is good, but I prefer Petri's vocals. At least I'll get to see him with Ensiferum.

That's all I can think of at the minute. Oh, and Elvis Presley, of course:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

dasdog wrote: »

I dunno if its been posted before but I just found http://www.flickr.com/photos/global5325/ which has a load of photos from that era (Metallica in 1986 etc).

Crikey, just had a good look through that and I reckon I was at all those(metal)gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Guns n Roses with Slash etc
    Queen
    Pink Floyd
    Elvis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

AC/DC with Bon Scott

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Prince (80s)
    Alice In Chains ( w/ Layne )
    Smashing Pumpkins ( original lineup )
    Led Zeppelin
    Faith No More ( early 90s)
    Nirvana
    Iron Maiden ( 80s )

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

In Flames, last year I think. They had to cancel the show and now Jesper's quit :(

Still have my ticket on the wall as an homage to the ghost gig...

adox wrote: »
    Crikey, just had a good look through that and I reckon I was at all those(metal)gigs.

As luck would have it he doesn't seem to have a picture of Cliff Burton from the Master of Puppets tour, in Dublin in the SFX in Sep 86

I mean, he probably does have one, but just not on the site out of respect for the fact Cliff died so soon after that performance

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

The Clash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭dasdog

As luck would have it he doesn't seem to have a picture of Cliff Burton from the Master of Puppets tour, in Dublin in the SFX in Sep 86

I mean, he probably does have one, but just not on the site out of respect for the fact Cliff died so soon after that performance

Use the search function...there's two photos of Cliff from that gig. I can't link directly and I'm not gonna rob his photos and upload em somewhere.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=cliff&w=29808925%40N02&ss=2&z=m

dasdog wrote: »
    Use the search function...there's two photos of Cliff from that gig. I can't link directly and I'm not gonna rob his photos and upload em somewhere.

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=cliff&w=29808925%40N02&ss=2&z=m

Sorry my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

You should check out the Classic Dublin Gigs group on Facebook,great gig photos and pics of ticket stubs form gigs through the 80's & 90's.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Classic-Dublin-Gigs/272423591202

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Dio, got so close to seeing him (with Heaven & Hell) support Iron Maiden next month :(

Would love to have seen Guns & Roses at Slane, but I was only 8 at the time :p

And would also loved to have been at Live Aid either in London or Philadelphia

Advertisement