Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bands You Wish You Could've Seen (or Could See) and didn't get that chance!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

*Nirvana
    *Guns n' Roses (when in their prime)
    *Dream Theater
    *Pink Floyd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Jay P wrote: »
    The Smiths
    Only been to about 5 gigs in my life and The Smiths was one!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Metallica circa '92

Nirvana

Alice in Chains

In Flames circa '96

Pantera

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Lizzy touring Johnny the Fox! Although I don't know if they played in Ireland. I was too young to make a trip for the UK dates. Anyone catch any of those gigs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

AC/DC with Bon Scott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

pink floyd with syd barrett!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 damnnargles

Pantera

Thin Lizzy (wasn't old enough)

The Smashing Pumpkins (the original line up with D'arcy and James Iha)

Rammstein

Skunk Anansie

Opeth (with Martin Lopez and Peter Lindgren)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

DazMarz wrote: »
    -Megadeth (all the various line ups! But mostly the one: Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson, Marty Friedman and Nick Menza... Rust In Peace, y'all!!!)

-Whitesnake (line up of: David Coverdale, Adrian Vandenberg, Steve Vai, Rudy Sarzo and Tommy Aldridge)

-Van Halen (Diamond Dave, Shreddie Eddie, Michael Anthony, Alex Van Halen; none of this bloody Wolfgang nonsense)

-Vandenberg (Adrian Vandenberg, Bert Heerink, Dick Kemper, Jos Zoomer)

-Thin Lizzy (Phil Lynott, John Sykes, Scott Gorham, Brian Downey)

-AC/DC (with Bon Scott)

-Queen (Original Line Up)

-Guns N Roses (Rose, Slash, Stradlin, McKagan, Adler)

-KISS (Stanley, Simmons, Frehley, Criss)

-Coverdale/Page (a collaboration I'd love to see again!)

-Dokken (Dokken, Lynch, Brown, Pilson)

-Journey (with Perry on lead vocals)

-W.A.S.P. (with Chris Holmes back in the fold)

-Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhoads and also Jake E. Lee

-Ratt (Pearcy, diMartini, Crosby, Croucier, Blotzer)

-Queensrÿche (Original Line Up: Tate, deGarmo, Wilton, Jackson, Rockenfield)

-Quiet Riot (Du Brow, Carvazo, Sarzo, Banali)

All of this^^ especially Bon Scott.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LupinFace

My Chemical Romance, back when they were just taking off with 'Bullets'. I would've loved nothing more than to be that close and having experienced/witnessed such intimate gig/s. Everything was so raw and pure back then, like stripped down to the bone.
    [I'm not saying that they're not still completely wonderful]
    Silversun Pickups~ The last time they came to Ireland in '09

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MaidenSlayer

I would have loved to have seen Metallica back in the day with Cliff and Mustaine i'd say that would have been absolutely insane! Also would love to have seen Lizzy with Phil and Gary, Pantera with Dimbag, a band called Savatage with Criss (look them up they're savage!) and was only a weeks away from seeing Dio until he unfortunately passed away :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I just want to add Van Halen with Roth and Michael Anthony to that list, and also Peter Gabriel with Genesis

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Cream, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Buckley, Frank Zappa, Nirvana

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

*Nirvana
    *Queen (with Freddie)
    *Thin Lizzy (with Phil Lynott)
    *Pink Floyd
    *Pantera
    *Dream Theater
    *The Beatles
    *Guns & Roses (In the early days)
    *David Bowie
    *Sum41

Loads more but the list is way too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

Dream theater in their Scenes From A Memory days! What an epic album just listening to it there today for the first time in years forgot how bloody amazing it is :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

The Beatles (although I did see George Harrison with Billy Preston on keyboard and backed up by Ravi Shankar’s band – one of the best concerts I’ve seen), The Who, Cat Stevens, David Bowie, Queen, Pearl Jam and Nirvana. Already seen just about everyone else on my “A” list.

I plan on seeing Yes (for the third time - first two in the 70's), Thin Lizzy, Slaughter, Dave Mason, Robin Trower, Uriah Heep, Gordon Lightfoot and 38 Special this year (plus a couple more of the older groups when they are added to our little local concert hall’s lineup).

Amerika wrote: »
    Gordon Lightfoot

He must be, what, 80 now? I have to say fair play to him going out and performing, saw him at Live 8 a few years ago, and I hear he's had a stroke since then...but he keeps playing, more power to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

Going through some old albums last night, in order to convert them to CD, came across two other groups I wish I'd seen... Spirit and Mountain.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,687 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Majestic thread bump! :)

Would loved to have seen Nine Inch Nails on their 'Self Destruct' tour of the US, with opening acts Marilyn Manson and The Jim Rose Circus :D

Also, Danzig's UK tour in 1992 to promote 'III: How The Gods Kill' - bringing with them a band called White Zombie :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Astro Zombie

Also, Danzig's UK tour in 1992 to promote 'III: How The Gods Kill' - bringing with them a band called White Zombie :(

That would be bad ass. Would love to of got the chance to see early Danzig, or even better Samhain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I would have loved to see Yes in the 70s or 80s, preferably both (since they changed a lot over the years). I'm not hung up on the early 70s like many are, and they were a cracking live band in the 80s too. Since 1990, though, not as good, and the only time I've seen them live was in 2000. That was at the National Concert Hall in Dublin, a poor choice of venue, and while they were good (major props to Billy Sherwood there), it could have been better.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Souless wrote: »
    Dream theater in their Scenes From A Memory days! What an epic album just listening to it there today for the first time in years forgot how bloody amazing it is :D
    Get the Metropolis 2000 live video, then - the one from New York. It's good. Mike drummed himself to a standstill and reportedly had to be hospitalised for dehydration afterwards ...
    The Smashing Pumpkins (the original line up with D'arcy and James Iha)
    Ditto, but the last year with Melissa Auf Der Maur in place of D'Arcy would have hit the spot nicely too. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Stone Temple Pilots in Dublin a few years back assumed they'd be back around and if not on the Euro festival circuit...opted for Megadeth playing "Rust in Peace" in full in Cork that night instead not a bad consolation but I've seen them multiple times and never STP.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Mattyz69

Pantera... my no1 band that i am pissed i didnt see! in saying that i am sad i didnt see damageplan either! Dimebag is my fav guitarist and having not been able to watch him live makes me cry sometimes :)

cournioni wrote: »
    I was two days from seeing Pantera, and then September 11th happened. That will always be my biggest regret. :(

came here to post this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

For years I would have said the Stone Roses, part of me still can't believe I got to see them in Phoenix Park. Would have loved to have seen the Beatles and Small Faces, Guns N Roses at their peak and Joy Division.

came here to post this :mad:

I'd a few friends in school with the same complaint until we graduated two years later that they missed that gig. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Alice in Chains with Layne Staley fronting them.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Alice in Chains with Layne Staley fronting them.

:(

Still a very good outfit given the unfortunate circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The Smiths, Queen, ACDC, Michael Jackson's Bad tour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭butterbun

Ronnie James Dio, and by extension Rainbow. Though that became impossible a long time ago. At least Blackmore's still on the go.

Advertisement