Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bratislava start of march ideas for a couple

• 28-01-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

Myself and the girlfriend (both early 20's) are heading out there at the start of march for a few days. Is there any things out there that are a must see? I've heard the hot pools are fantastic so thats a must.

I know i'm not giving much info on us but we want to experience as much as we can in the few days so any ideas would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Aibreann

There are 2 nice castles you can visit: Devlin outside Bratislava and Brat. You can also enjoy the historical center and the pubs in there. They have lot of old buildings and an interesting architecture style, some nice statues....You can also go by boat on Danube. It is a very nice place, I was there few times with my friends. You can visit also Wien from there, only 1,5 hrs by train.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭phoebe!

Bratislava is a small city but the centre is pretty with lots of nice bars and restaurants. Its got a castle thats worth seeing and theres a park with walks by the danube. If you like cocktails there are some really good bars, Peoples on the main square and Time, with lots of clocks on one of the side streets. There is also a nightclub on a barge which is quirky!! there are some nice nic-nac shops but in gereral its more expensive for shopping than here. if you're interested the Opera is inexpensive.
    The public transport system is excellent so if you want to venture outside the city centre the trams will arrive at whatever time it says on the timetable!!!
    Its a cool place to chill out and eat and drink for a few days. Hope you enjoy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

There should be an open air ice-rink situated on one of the squares in the city centre.

Advertisement