Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -v- Man Utd - Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Des wrote: »
    :p
    ntlbell wrote: »
    That good enough for you?
    I have already attended to my earlier comment. In case ye missed it I'll quote it again in all it's glory ":o"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Well it seems it is another case of men against boys. Back to the drawing board for the Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    arsenal look like they're playing a pre-season friendly.

They're being made look like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

United are beating Arsenal at their own game here. I didn't think it was possible with this current United side.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Maybe this'll show up how fickle people are: dissing Park and Nani cos it's the popular thing to do, and now the same people will probably claim they always supported them. Pathetic.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Did you see the face on Wenger, seething!

I can hardly blame the man.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

deisedevil wrote: »
    To those wondering about how I get paid on Rooney scoring first, the first goal has been counted as an own goal, not to Nani. So first goal scorer with bookies goes to Rooney.

Also the special in Ladbrokes is not for Fab and Rooney scoring last goal, that's Paddypower.com . Ladbrokes special is if your first goal scorer scores first and then scores again they will double the odds, scores again and they treble and so on.

surely they don't payout on that? Is there not an own goal option?

Love Patrice Evra btw

°°°°°

Maybe this'll show up how fickle people are: dissing Park and Nani cos it's the popular thing to do, and now the same people will probably claim they always supported them. Pathetic.:rolleyes:

Any bias? Lol

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Dave! wrote: »
    Van der Sar
    Rafael Evans Brown Evra
    Nani Fletcher Carrick Scholes Park
    Rooney

ughhh

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Des wrote: »
    They're being made look like that

United are playing well alright but but there's no heart from from arsenal, they're breezing through this game witout a care in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Liam O wrote: »
    surely they don't payout on that? Is there not an own goal option?

I got paid before with same situation before and one of my friends who is after putting the bet on for me just went down at half time to throw on another bet and they told him that they will def be paying out on Rooney.

Ring em up if ya don't believe me, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Song very close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Getting painful flashbacks of the champions league semi :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Did you see the face on Wenger, seething!

And that's his poker face. ;)

°°°°°

United are playing well alright but but there's no heart from from arsenal, they're breezing through this game witout a care in the world.

I cant agree with that.
    Arsenal have been controlling most of the game in the second half. United have just been better so far. Arsenal could well make a come back, even though it's unlikely. Arsenal lack many things, but to say they haven't shown any heart or that they haven't done all they can to get a goal back is just not true.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Walcott will save the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Sven thought that to.

I support all players on United but Park hasn't been doing it the last few games. He can play very well, I've seen him do it before but he is nothing more than a good squad player. I would never call for him to be sold or anything like that though because it's these players who win you leagues when they can come in and put in a shift.

°°°°°

Can he do a Nani?

Glazers Out!

chelsea and liverpool next up for arsenal. they're still in the scrap for top 4 imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

chelsea and liverpool next up for arsenal. they're still in the scrap for top 4 imo

This could be a massive blow for Arsenal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Utd's closing down is impeccable.

I don't think Walcott will influence the game imo. He's not had a good season. Injuries have really hampered his performances.

But feel free to prove me wrong Theo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I'll laugh if they beat Chelsea next week.

redout wrote: »

I wouldn't put money on that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Chelsea will be tough but we will beat Liverpool. as for scrap for 4th spot, Arsenal will finish worse 3rd, we are still far ahead of those teams in that battle and not just points wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

redout wrote: »
    I'll cheer.

Let's not get carried away. They are losing to the champions after all. I guarantee you Arsenal will comfortably have third place come May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Great game so far.. impressed :)

• Advertisement

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Great game so far.. impressed :)

Really is great viewing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Paul Scholes is a disgrace with his tackling. Nothing is ever done about him. People just laugh it off and say 'ah, ol Scholesy and his mistimed tackles'.

He's gonna seriously injure someone

OPENROAD wrote: »
    we are still far ahead of those teams in that battle and not just points wise.

Nothing between yous and City and Liverpool imo

°°°°°

United have done to Arsenal what teams have done to United in the recent past to beat them. They're snarling and biting at Arsenal the whole time. If United played like this every week they'd eat up Chelsea's lead in no time. It's reproducing this type of performance each week thats most difficult.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

:pac::pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

he barely tapped arshavin, he's been scoring and tackling since 1994, i think if he was going to seriously injure someone, he would have done it by now.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

monkey9 wrote: »
    Paul Scholes is a disgrace with his tackling. Nothing is ever done about him. People just laugh it off and say 'ah, ol Scholesy and his mistimed tackles'.

Yeah, it's bound to happen sooner or later, sure it's only been 20 years!

Poor from Arsenal. Only two in the box and took them an age to get in there.

Here comes that hot young prospect... Giggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Maybe closer to city, but Liverpool, come on, the current top three are so far ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Eboue & Bendtner; a little too late :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

monkey9 wrote: »

Scholes' tackles are just mistimed and they're normally little kicks where the worst injury you could pick up is a bruise. So I'd say you are going a bit over the top there.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement

Maybe closer to city, but Liverpool, come on, the current top three are so far ahead of them.
    Pretty much the same Liverpool team has finished comfortably ahead of pretty much the same arsenal team the last 2 years

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Eboue & Bendtner; a little too late :)

To be fair to Bendtner he's not done a whole lot of training during the week.

Yes there is. 8 points between Arsenal and Liverpool :rolleyes:

Bendy boots for a hat trick?

please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

kenon wrote: »
    Scholes' tackles are just mistimed and they're normally little kicks where the worst injury you could pick up is a bruise. So I'd say you are going a bit over the top there.

Especially if you consider Songs tackle in the fist half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭New.White.Socks

The day we bring Eboue and Bentner on to try come back from 3 goals down is a sad day.

While I love reveling in the demise of Liverpool, personnel wise I reckon they are just behind Arsenal if not on the same level. They are having a bad season, like Arsenal last season and I still see them as favourites for 4th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

rooney is a fúcking beast, nani is having a great game, ripping them apart like they were hull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

who did giggs come on for?

nuxxx wrote: »
    who did giggs come on for?

Scholes

• Advertisement
Advertisement