Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -v- Man Utd - Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Rafael has been a rock.

And Arsenal thought he'd be a soft touch for them.:rolleyes:

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Liam O wrote: »
    no way was there 5 minutes of added time!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ;)

At least 7 mins imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How did Rooney miss that???

°°°°°

Should've been 4

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Aaah, really should have been 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

That_Guy wrote: »
    Berba got his hair cut?
    Lol, I noticed that too-looks better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Valencia should have gone himself

10 seconds left. COME ON ARSENAL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

too many options for that utd chance 1-3 great win!

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Lol, I noticed that too-looks better!

When they showed him about to come on I was thinking, "Who is that strapping young lad?"

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Great game, great result.

Glazers Out!

Brilliant game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

men against boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Nice way to kill Arsenals title hopes.

Great game. Will be very interesting to see what Arsenal can do against Chelsea, if anything next Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Very enjoyable.

Clinical stuff from United for the most part.

Delighted with the win.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭New.White.Socks

Says it all when you realise that our biggest threats were arshavin and vermaelen.

You can't take on world class sides without a striker.

°°°°°

Great game. Will be very interesting to see what Arsenal can do against Chelsea, if anything next Sunday.

Hopefully a high scoring draw:D

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Hard look utd, couldnt quite do as well as chelsea did against arsenal, well done none the less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Hard look utd, couldnt quite do as well as chelsea did against arsenal, well done none the less

Oh dear jesus, the sooner you get banned the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

When i saw the line up I said there would be a lot asked of Rooney and Nani today in attack, and thankfully they delivered.

Brilliant result - couldn't have dreamed of a scoreline like that.

However, I don't think the score line is a true reflection of the game. I certainly don't think Arsenal were hammered today, they had some great chances today and on another day they could have had a few more goals. The really miss RVP and Arshavin didn't have his shooting boots on today - though he worried the United back line every time he went at them.

United had top performances from the players they needed top performances from - Rooney, Nani, Carrick, Scholes, Fletcher.

I thought Raf had a very decent game at RB too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

randomname wrote: »
    Nice way to kill Arsenals title hopes.
    doesn't work like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭elgriff

u mean luck....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

lol :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Without Vidic or Ferdinand, I think we did better.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Funny

Glazers Out!

Oh dear jesus, the sooner you get banned the better.

oh come on, i said well done did'nt I, good performance, happy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

They must put something in the hampers they give out at Old Trafford - We always come good after Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Great game , Great result. Well done lads!

So happy for Nani too, even though I used to dislike him as a player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

did'nt = Wrong
    didn't = did not = right.

• Advertisement

LOL @ the lads and lassies watching the game in 3D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Utterly sh*t defensive performance from Arsenal. The CBs got no help whatsoever from the fullbacks and the midfield was playing too high up the field. The 4-3-3 is in danger of falling apart, it's really leaving them vulnerable at the back. Something has to be done to shore up the defence.

Good win for United, they are only going to get stronger from here on in. Looks like a lot of their players are beginning to find their form this season. Could do more to control the game, they don't control possession enough but they are looking like a team again.

When they showed him about to come on I was thinking, "Who is that strapping young lad?"
    The lads sitting near me said the same

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    did'nt = Wrong.
    didn't = did not = right.

You forgot the full stop. :)

MIN2511 wrote: »
    The lads sitting near me said the same

Were you watching it in the George? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

really liking the atmosphere in this thread.

really liking the atmosphere in this thread.

A great game really does lighten the mood methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Excellent performance and bar some bad finishing could have been a higher margin of a win.Fergie got it spot on with the tactics and Nani again on the right wing was brilliant. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

why do arsenal simply implode against utd and chelsea at home in recent times, thats 3 goals scored and 13 conceded last four games at home to those two, thats incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Well i am delighted.

I actually was never comfortable. Arsenal made chances throughout the 90, their players just let their heads drop, in particular i think Rosicky, Nasri and Denilson let players like Fabregas and Song down. Arshavin on a different day could have hit 4.

But we played with such composure, devestating on the counter. I dont know what Nani did 2 weeks ago, but it has transformed him as a player.

Who needs Cristiano Ronaldo when Nani performs like that?
    Who needs Rio/Vidic when Johny Evans performs like that?
    Who needs the kwiki-mart?

Huge result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

When you're in school tomorrow, concentrate a little harder in English class.

I'm looking forward to hearing what Wenger has to say.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    why do arsenal simply implode against utd and chelsea at home in recent times, thats 3 goals scored and 13 conceded last four games at home to those two, thats incredible

This is why arsenal wont win any major trophies, when the come up agianst the big guns they fall short.
    Its one thing playing nice pretty pointless football against the minnows but they cant handle it against the big boys.

EDIT: sorry if my punctuation and grammer does not meet the requirements for those of a anal disposition.:D

rossie1977 wrote: »

Is it because Chelsea and Man U being winners and having that experience of a winning mentality, raise their game when they play Arsenal? And Arsenal don't know how to raise their game?

Papa Smut wrote: »
    Is it because Chelsea and Man U being winners and having that experience of a winning mentality, raise their game when they play Arsenal? And Arsenal don't know how to raise their game?

Arsenal have also won the league. I know that they've not won anything in a while but they do know how to win. No excuses really for them. They've still got the same manager and they still play the same type of football. A lack of striker is really hampering Arsenal in these last few weeks.

Fabregas will score goals but he can't be fully relied on to get the goals for Arsenal. Van Persie is a huge loss for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Says it all when you realise that our biggest threats were arshavin and vermaelen.

You can't take on world class sides without a striker.

Couldn't agree with this statement more. The difference between United and Arsenal for most of that game was Man Utd were utterly clinical. You can't expect to take on the reigning champions and get three points without a recognised striker. It's actually amazing how well arsenal have done in the past few games with only Arshavin upfront.

You really are trying my patience mate, if you don't stop this consistent trolling you'll be heading for a lengthy ban. Stop baiting and cop on ok?

Sky just showed the comparison of the time when Ronaldo released the ball to scoring against Arsenal in the Champions League to Rooney's similar type of play today.

Both 9.2 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

For anyone interested,

Short article on the game in 3d in Fagans.

http://www.sportsnewsireland.com/?p=5906

The response to the viewing was mixed with a lot of people saying
    ”it only worked on the close-up replays”
    ”Its going to be fantastic when you can watch in 3D at home and be closer to the screen”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

This is why arsenal wont win any major trophies, when the come up agianst the big guns they fall short.
    Its one thing playing nice pretty pointless football against the minnows but they cant handle it against the big boys.

EDIT: sorry if my punctuation and grammer does not meet the requirements for those of a anal disposition.:D

I seem to remember they did pretty well against the rest of the top 4 last year. That argument doesn't stand much srutiny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I'm looking forward to hearing what Wenger has to say.

Thierry is due into Heathrow in the morning and will sign on loan until the end of the season.

Advertisement