Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -v- Man Utd - Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Oh crap. How many handball posts will be had now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

As an Arsenal supporter, am surprised and delighted Giggs isn't playing - he's having a good season. Even more delighted to see Song and Vermaelen there although would be nice to have had Campbell on the bench in case something happened - presumably he's yet another on the injury list.

But looking at those too lineups gives me great hope we can win this one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Richard Keys wasn't to happy when Ruud Gullit was playing down the importance of the tie. He moved on to Jamie very very quickly. :D Gotta love Sky for the bullsh*t hyping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ah look who's on sky sports!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Richard Keys wasn't to happy when Ruud Gullit was playing down the importance of the tie. He moved on to Jamie very very quickly. :D Gotta love Sky for the bullsh*t hyping.
    It's the biggest game in the history of English football... until next week, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

kryogen wrote: »

If only I could.

I'm expecting the reporter to open a door and cut the interview short while John Delaney stands in the doorway with a baseball bat. :)

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm changing my prediction from 2-2 to 1-0 united.

i think it'll be congested, and i fancy Rooney to come up with a moment of inspiration late-on, or Valencia when he inevitabely comes on.

arsenal have little penetration in that team.

cesc will have to have the game of his life going forward i suspect to unlock a utd team that is looking to contain.

I disagree completely that we have less penetration than United. Nani & Park ahead of Valencia and Giggs is excellent news for Arsenal. Bit of depedencey on Scholes from a creative point of view in midfield. Its a very poor midfield for a top 4 side in my opinion. Compared with Arsenal who have Nasri, Fabregas and Arshavin in attacking midfield positons. Of course United do have the better striker by far, but he is the only obvious source of goals in United's team.

I agree we need a big game from Cesc but he is in good form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm expecting the reporter to open a door and cut the interview short while John Delaney stands in the doorway with a baseball bat. :)

More likely a hurl that he borrowed from the GAA.

• Advertisement

To be fair they've got fantastic coverage and football is a competitive sport so why not hype up this match or any match for that matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

bit on Fabregas first scorer 8/1.

I disagree completely that we have less penetration than United. Nani & Park ahead of Valencia and Giggs is excellent news for Arsenal. Bit of depedencey on Scholes from a creative point of view in midfield. Compared with Arsenal who have Nasri, Fabregas and Arshavin in midfielder. Of course United do have the better striker by far, but he is the only obvious source of goals in United's team.

I agree we need a big game from Cesc but he is in good form.

on recent form you can discount Nasri, and Arshavin will be played up front so your down to Farbregas! and if Fletcher has his way he wont be seeing the ball too much!

And Nani has had a couple of good games so it will be good to see how he does against a real quality team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I predict 3-0 to l'arse

on recent form you can discount Nasri, and Arshavin will be played up front

I thought Bendtner was playing - were the teams from earlier correct?

I thought Bendtner was playing - were the teams from earlier correct?

not sure which you refer to so cant say

the line up is

Almunia
    Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy
    Song
    Rosicky Fabregas Nasri
    Arshavin

• Advertisement

What's the point in having it in 3-D? Load of bollocks if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Vidic setback is nerve problem in his right leg apparently according to Ben Hibbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

To be fair they've got fantastic coverage and football is a competitive sport so why not hype up this match or any match for that matter?

Fantastic coverage? My arse. They've got slick presentation but their coverage is sh*t. Crap presenters, crap commentators, crap analysis. They deliberately lie and bias their coverage to suit their agenda for the week. They have absolutely no journalistic credibility...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I disagree completely that we have less penetration than United.

i didn't say that.

they do have Rooney up top though, playing the best football of his life, who can be as direct as anything.

cesc needs to get forward imo, and be penetrative, otherwise there'll be a lot of the all too familiar Arsenal d*cking around.

arshavin showing up would help too. he has the potential to be as direct and effective as anyone. i just wonder about him up front.

Skud wrote: »
    Vidic setback is nerve problem in his right leg apparently according to Ben Hibbs

yep, but queue the rumour mill going into overdrive about it!

and Ando not being in the 18

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I hope to f**k United don't plan on trying to pass the ball around today.

Looking at this team, they need to stop Arsenal playing.

not sure which you refer to so cant say

the line up is

Almunia
    Sagna Gallas Vermaelen Clichy
    Song
    Rosicky Fabregas Nasri
    Arshavin

Ah ok - Mgoraf posted a team earlier but didn't mention it was his prediction and it was posted around the same time someone posted the official United lineup - and didn't read every thread afterwards!!

In that case I'm happy Bendtner isn't playing and swap Arshavin for Rosicky in midfield in terms of creativity.

I agree Fletcher vs Fabregas is a massive duel along with Gallas/Vermaelen vs Rooney.

Really looking forward to this one. In my parents house though so depending on a good stream!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

i didn't say that.

they do have Rooney up top though, playing the best football of his life, who can be as direct as anything.

cesc needs to get forward imo, and be penetrative, otherwise there'll be a lot of the all too familiar Arsenal d*cking around.

arshavin showing up would help too. he has the potential to be as direct and effective as anyone. i just wonder about him up front.

How many goals would they have scored this season without the d**king around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What's the point in having it in 3-D? Load of bollocks if you ask me.

3D is awesome ya misery guts.

JPA wrote: »
    3D is awesome ya misery guts.

For films maybe but for football it seems a bit pointless really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Just please no hopeless crosses into Arshavin in the box or hoofballs from Almunia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's because 3D doesn't work in Black & White, isn't it :p

yep, but queue the rumour mill going into overdrive about it!

and Ando not being in the 18

off to madrid and lyon yeah? :)

greendom wrote: »
    How many goals would they have scored this season without the dicking around?

normally with a proper focal point in attack at least.

i'm not getting in an argument here, but if you're happy with that front line, then awesome.

i just think it might be a struggle with Arshavin on his own up front; thus it will be difficult to penetrate.

that's my analysis anyway.

playa3 wrote: »
    Just please no hopeless crosses into Arshavin in the box or hoofballs from Almunia

plenty of "typical English long ball tactics" from your lot please!

• Advertisement

Haha did anyone find out what pub is showing it - anyone from boards say they were going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It'd be great I reckon. Just as much action in a football game as a film.
    They'll probably have different camera angles to emphasise it and that kinda thing.

has this been 3 games in 8 days for Scholes?

that cant end well

love the silly stats

Brown and Evans as a pairing have yet to win a game together this season according to andy gray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I see Denilson is in the team solely for his free kicks again. :rolleyes:

And Martin Tyler "Vidic went lame during the week" - is he a horse or what? :D

United's goalkeeper jersey looks nice. Haven't seen it so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Brown and Evans havent won a game playing together in the centre of defense :eek:

2 Defeats
    1 Draw

Des wrote: »
    It's because 3D doesn't work in Black & White, isn't it :p

I like it. They'll have smell-o-vision next for the bang of shoite from us. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

normally with a proper focal point in attack at least.

i'm not getting in an argument here, but if you're happy with that front line, then awesome.

i just think it might be a struggle with Arshavin on his own up front; thus it will be difficult to penetrate.

that's my analysis anyway.

He hasn't much choice though really has he? I would have preferred Bendtner to be playing but chances are, he's not match fit. Hopefully he can make an impact in the last 20, if needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Brown and Evans last time they played together were ****ing awful, awful. Need a commanding performance from one of them today, dictating the defence.

• Advertisement

Statistics like that mean nothing though - sort of like the Gareth Bale statistic. Anyway, three games is hardly statistically significant.

They are both good defenders but of course I'm happy Ferdinand/Vidic aren't playing.

PHB wrote: »
    Brown and Evans last time they played together were ****ing awful, awful. Need a commanding performance from one of them today, dictating the defence.

at least vds is behind them

redout wrote: »
    Brown and Evans havent won a game playing together in the centre of defense :eek:

2 Defeats
    1 Draw

thought he said 2 and 2 no?

well i would hope that Fergie has taken Brown to one side and said you are the experienced head there, you have to be the leader and set the example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Shaky start by boths sides.

Glazers Out!

midfield is gonna be hard to get space in

Park needs to do a job today, either that or take a pretty long break

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Bogey start for Brown.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

Wrong choice from Arshavin there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,519 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Arshavin was selfish there.

Glazers Out!

Arsenal having a bit of joy down the left.

well we know where arsenal are targeting.

rafael's in for a bit of a tough one this afternoon; especially with nani ahead of him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement