Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get free ticket to oxegen 2010?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 3:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone knows who gives out tickets to Oxegen in exchange for working for them? I'm trying to find a free way into the event this year.

Last year I got a job with Eventsec and that meant I got to work at it and have half the weekend off but I heard about other people doing jobs for local companies or whatever and in return they got tickets for the whole weekend??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

u cud chance buying a ticket for friday and staying the whole weekend, get something that looks remotley like a wristband, they barley glance at the wristbands walking in and out of the campsite, i was talking to loads of people that done it, dunno if id have the balls meself though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 moorcroftlad

yeh I also doubt I would have the balls to try that. The last thing I'd want would be stranded on the naas road trying to find a way back to belfast!

Anyone know what promotional companies work with oxegen?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

There were jobs on Jobs.ie for people to work setting it up in general, then you get a free weekend pass and staff accommodation

Nothin advertised last 2 years though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I know at Electric Picnic you can work there but have to pay a deposit of the price of the ticket to stop people running away. You get it back at the end of the weekend though. Oxegen might have a similar scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I know what my friends did was, one of them had the wristband on, the other went up with her camping ticket to wherever they were checking bands and said they lost their wristband. Most of the people doing security really don't care that much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

yeh I also doubt I would have the balls to try that. The last thing I'd want would be stranded on the naas road trying to find a way back to belfast!

Anyone know what promotional companies work with oxegen?

MCD take on interns for Oxegen and other gigs in the summer. I know a few people from Ballyfermot college who did interviews out there around April-ish last year and they got various info steward positions as well as artist liaisons etc.. You could try emailing them and send in a CV saying you're interested in an internship, see if they get back to you?

Its definately not a walk in the park though. My friends who did it worked long hours (up at 8am each day too so no sessioning till sunday!) so if you're just looking for a free way to see your fave bands, id try something else cos they do expect you to work and pitch in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Join Scouts. My brother's been going for free for the last 2 years because he's in Scouts - they pitch tents for people etc. Don't know if that's just his local scout group or not, but worth checking out maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Peelo2311

Does anybody know if the ticket prices go up or down the later on in the year you buy them?

No. Early bird tix were on sale before xmas at 2007 prices

Main sale is in Marhc, 220 for a camping ticket, same price until they sell out

It's only 2nd hand tickets from ebay that will go for more closer to the gig, if it's sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

No way of getting a free ticket as such unless you win one in a competition or something.

A lad I know went 2 years ago and he was just doing security a couple of hours before the music started and he got free in that way.

Other than that I'm not sure. You could always try and contact MCD for more info.

• Advertisement

Basically, if u work at the festival, you get in free, but you have to actually work, for most of it

The only free tickets that let you go as a spectator are winning a competitions, or getting one off a friend/band you know performing, or if you know someone who works in MCD

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

A friend of mine did it a couple of years ago, worked at the festival and camped out, whoever enjoyed Saturday got Sunday off and vice versa...some people also got Friday, depending on who they knew....anyway, he recommended against it, because he said that despite the obvious perks there is a lot of abuse from scumbags and sometimes you're just asked to go and mind the toilets...you can be there for hours.

I've heard of people buying a Friday ticket and never leaving, I'd say it could be done

A few years ago I knew a girl trying to sneak beer and whatever else into a gig at Marlay Park...she pretended to be drunk and clung onto the arm of a guy she met in line...as if she was his girlfriend, and security never searched or bothered her. I'd reckon girls could get away with the same tactic at Oxegen I suppose for getting into the campsite at the end of the night.

I've heard of people buying a Friday ticket and never leaving, I'd say it could be done

Bit dodgy looking though if you've got a tent and stuff with you with your one day ticket. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bit dodgy looking though if you've got a tent and stuff with you with your one day ticket. :)

You're talking about the kind of person here who finds a girl, or a guy, asks them if they want to have an NSA kinda weekend and then "shares" the tent with them. I'm not naive enough to believe that having sex with a stranger doesn't occur quite randomly at Oxegen...and that's peoples own choices, they can do what they like....but it's one way of getting you a tent

Plus, people have mates or "loose casual associates" who will always be willing to budge over....besides, a lot of people never sleep at Oxegen, not really...and whose gonna go around all the tents when people are supposed to be asleep just to check someone isn't sleeping in the grass between two tents or snuggled under their raincoat in the shade

And finally, on my rant, many people enter the campsite on Friday and don't leave it until Sunday...they say there's better craic there anyway

You're talking about the kind of person here who finds a girl, or a guy, asks them if they want to have an NSA kinda weekend and then "shares" the tent with them. I'm not naive enough to believe that having sex with a stranger doesn't occur quite randomly at Oxegen...and that's peoples own choices, they can do what they like....but it's one way of getting you a tent

Plus, people have mates or "loose casual associates" who will always be willing to budge over....besides, a lot of people never sleep at Oxegen, not really...and whose gonna go around all the tents when people are supposed to be asleep just to check someone isn't sleeping in the grass between two tents or snuggled under their raincoat in the shade

And finally, on my rant, many people enter the campsite on Friday and don't leave it until Sunday...they say there's better craic there anyway

This is true. I wouldn't have a problem finding a tent.... I'm hot don't you know. ;)

You could easily stay in the campsite all weekend without seeing any bands and you could have the best weekend ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 i_come_in_3d

If you go in to camp with just the Friday ticket you could ask a friend who's camping to throw some essentials in their bag, that what one o the lads I know did and he got away with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 kindelsesh

I went two years ago with two single day tickets, one for friday and one for sat, as soon as i got in throught the first gate i lost my tickets, stranded with no option but to try and get in, i went up and the guy was like wats in the bag and i replied cans the lad over there just checked it, ok grand didnt have a wristband or tickets r anything, didn't get bothered for the rest of the weekend. hahah

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Use the main oxegen thread for all talk regarding oxegen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement