Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mutu fails another drug test

• 28-01-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

SSN: Was from a game against Bari in december.

Source: Italian Olympic committee

Cocaine again ?

I reckon its probably a mix up as he would hardly be so stupid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

People who use drugs generally are idiots though, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was the aul columbian again.

Not saying that it is, but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Is coke a stimulant?

Sky news are saying that its a simulant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pity really, but he should have learned after one failed test.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Des wrote: »
    People who use drugs generally are idiots though, so I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was the aul columbian again.

Not saying that it is, but I wouldn't be surprised.

i take issue with that to be honest. thats a fairly sweeping and ill informed generalisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

At least our Kalou song is still correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

apparantly its an anti obesity drug haha
    poor chap chelsea screwing him for 17 mil now if hes found guilty he will face a 4 year ban which when your 31 spells the end im afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

godtabh wrote: »
    Is coke a stimulant?

Sky news are saying that its a simulant

Of course! Hardly a relaxant.

jethro081 wrote: »
    i take issue with that to be honest. thats a fairly sweeping and ill informed generalisation.

Everyone knows the damage that drugs do, but still take them.

that makes them idiots, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

So people who take (illegal) drugs are not idiots?

I have taken illegal drugs and quiet frankly, I have no objection if someone wants to call me an idiot.

So everyone who drinks alcohol is an idiot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Do you drink alcohol?

Ot, yes cocaine is a stimulant but it's definitely not going to help performance on the pitch.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Ush1 wrote: »

Well yeah, but don't take it to heart. Smokers - idiots, people who eat unhelathy food - idiots, people who break the speed limit - idiots. We're all idiots but it's not usually fatal.

Anyway, back to Mutu - what an idiot!

I drink unhealthy amounts, and I smoke (actually, I mod the forums associated with both activities).

Yes, I'm stupid for doing it.

Well yeah, but don't take it to heart. Smokers - idiots, people who eat unhelathy food - idiots, people who break the speed limit - idiots. We're all idiots but it's not usually fatal.

Anyway, back to Mutu - what an idiot!

If that's what you class as an idiot. Some of the most amazing and intelligent people in society and history are "idiots". You can take a calculated risk in life, you know, weigh the pros and cons, and find it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

It was a drug which "combats hunger"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If that's what you class as an idiot. Some of the most amazing and intelligent people in society and history are "idiots".

I'm sure they're aware of it though, and don't let it get them down.

It was a drug which "combats hunger"

maybe he had the munchies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

it was sibutramine which according to wiki is:

Sibutramine, usually available as sibutramine hydrochloride monohydrate, is an orally administered agent for the treatment of obesity, as an appetite suppressant.

do ypu drink alcohol? do you smoke ciggarettes? do you eat unhealthy foods?

EDIT having read the rest of the thread i see youve answered the questions. in any case, i think referring to people as idiots for the choices they make regarding their own bodies is a bit harsh in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i've seen you drink a pint des....

now a professional sports person taking drugs is idiotic...

• Advertisement

Are people ignoring Post #14 for the craic like?

sorry i hadent seen it, i edited my post just there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I suspect its a case of never let the truth get in the way of a good argument :D

i did miss it, but it doesnt matter as if 99.9% of the population take drugs then none of them are idiots as it's all relative....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

In Italy isn;t the doctor liable if the player's found to have taken something naughty?

I'd be amazed if they gave Mutu the leeway to take anything properly bad. I'd hazard a guess and suggest this might turn out to be one of those borderline drugs that sometimes get allowed by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Is this about Mutu still?

Mutu is a retard for doing this if its true. I felt kinda sorry for him the first time around but no excuses this time, again IF guilty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Don't feel sorry for him at all if this is true.

An anti-obesity drug? wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

EDIT having read the rest of the thread i see youve answered the questions. in any case, i think referring to people as idiots for the choices they make regarding their own bodies is a bit harsh in my opinion
    I would echo what des said that people that take drugs (and it was quite obvious he was talking illegal!) GENERALLY are idiots. I'm not saying they arent idiots for choosing to take drugs but the people that usually take them are idiots!

• Advertisement

adamski8 wrote: »
    I would echo what des said that people that take drugs (and it was quite obvious he was talking illegal!) GENERALLY are idiots. I'm not saying they arent idiots for choosing to take drugs but the people that usually take them are idiots!

so you''re a bigger idiot for taking illegal drugs than you are for legal ones?

adamski8 wrote: »

How was that quite obvious? It wasn't at all, he mentioned the negative effect of drugs, nothing to do with legal or otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Tbh I still don't agree with his first banning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

buying illegal drugs funds organised crime in your area, which funds organised crime on a scale in this country, which funds gun smuggling, human trafficing on an inter national level, which funds slavery and child prostitution in poorer countries.

Buying beer affects you and you alone.

Massive difference in the type of idiocy.

Also, the lad you buy the lump of hash or the odd bit of white from on a friday night gets his stuff from the same person who sells smack to that poor **** you used to go to school with that ya see in town every now and then.

Seaneh wrote: »
    buying illegal drugs funds organised crime in your area, which funds organised crime on a scale in this country, which funds gun smuggling, human trafficing on an inter national level, which funds slavery and child prostitution in poorer countries.

Also, the lad you buy the lump of hash or the odd bit of white from on a friday night gets his stuff from the same person who sells smack to that poor **** you used to go to school with that ya see in town every now and then.

The tax on beer goes to the bigger criminals, the government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Since when did this turn into After Hours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Mutu should just get the italian olympic committee to argue like this and he'll walk out a happy man!

Seaneh wrote: »

thats a very elequent and well thought out argument against illegal drugs but i wasnt saying anything about the merits or morality of drug use. i was merely saying that i think it unfair to categorise everyone who takes em as an idiot.

anyway, didnt mean this to turn into a big thing when i quoted des so sorry about that............i reckon if he gets done this time then hes pretty much finished in football. hes pushing thirty iirc so with the inevitable year plus ban hell prolly not get a decent club anyway if he comes back at all.

isn't he being sued by chelsea? this'll not help his pocket either.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

So let me get this straight after that ridiculous generalisation earlier-everyone is an idiot apart from people who abstain from everything? Grand. Glad that was cleared up.

As for Mutu-silly boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭Kirnsy

THIS IS SOCCER!!!!!

this-is-sparta_5_imagenGrande.jpg

sooo lets talk about mutu....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Big difference in taking drugs and taking alcohol (imo). And yes we all know alcohol can do alot of damage etc etc but in general there is a big difference.

BUT and ive said this before, when you see a footballer who has been lucky enough and priviliged enough to play football for a living to then go on to take drugs....they are complete idiots and I have absolutely no sympathy for them.

How many people around the world would love to be able to play football for a living?

Mutu is an idiot if he has taken drugs again and a complete disgrace in my book.

• Advertisement
Advertisement