Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 5530 or 5800

• 28-01-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

was looking at o2 upgrade on bill pay and they have the 5530 for 100 yo yos and the 5800 for 200.

Is there much difference between them bar the 3G and GPS or does the 5530 have a really slow browser without the 3G. The GPS would be really usefull but I can't justify spending an extra 100 euro for it. I'm just really attracted to the wifi capabilities of both phones.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

The newly free Nokia voice driving and roaming GPS won't work with the 5530 so I'd go for the 5800 as you are basically getting a fully functional GPS system as well as a phone.

But I know someone with a 5530 and it is a good phone so if GPS isn't a big deal for you then I'd save the €100. I'm currently waiting for An Post to deliver my 5800 from Vodafone so I can't comment on it's performance but the reviews are mostly good.

Hurry up An Post!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Seems expensive to me, you could pick up a secend hand unlocked 5800 for 140~ or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement