Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Displaying a picture in a post

Options
  • 28-01-2010 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

First of all - apologies if this is the wrong area, but I did havea browse and it seems most appropriate.

How do I display a picture in a post? I have tried everything and can add the attachment but you need to click on this to see the image. Is there any way to have the picture show with the text?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi cashville.

Attachments are one thing, where you want to "attach" a file to a post so it gets made available to people. But showing an image as part of a post is an entirely different procedure I'm afraid so you're going about it the wrong way (but kudos for trying before coming here)

There are two easy ways to show an image as part of a post (or to embed it, which would be the technical term).

But first you'll need the web address of the picture you're trying to embed. That's the address that comes up in the browser bar when you view it. Without that you can't embed an image.

The first way of doing it is to take that web address and place it between img tags when you post. Like this: [noparse]youretryingtoshow.jpg[/noparse]. That will do exactly what you want.

The second way is by using the editing toolbar available to you when you're composing a post. If you take a look just above the text box as you type you'll see a series of buttons. About half way across there's a button that looks like a mountain with the sun in the background (if you run your mouse over it, it'll say "insert image"). It's the button indicated by an arrow in this picture:
    insert-image-button.jpg

That's all you need. But remember the picture needs to be on the Internet first for you to embed it. So if it's a picture you have on your hard drive, you can upload it to a free service like photobucket or image shack - they're designed just so that people can share their photos and embed them in Internet posts.

Most boards.ie forums allow you to embed images, though a few don't.

Advertisement