Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping in the wilderness

Options
  • 28-01-2010 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Im a great lover of the outdoors and want to get into camping a bit more. I was put off last year when i was camping up the slieve bloom mountains last year. My girlfriend and myself parked the car up a lane, far from the road and headed into the forest. My car got broken into and burnt out.

I am looking for secluded places to go camping in the wilderness in the west. Living in Galway and dont mind driving for an hour or 2. But for obvious reasons i need somewhere safe to park. Can then walk or cycle a long enough distance to camping area.

Any ideas/suggestions anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

From Galway you could cycle to Maam Cross and the world opens up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Park your car at maybe... Lough Key? It's nearish to Galway.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

the_syco wrote: »
    Park your car at maybe... Lough Key? It's nearish to Galway.

Lough Key's in sligo, right beside Boyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

its better to park your car within sight of a farmhouse. i did not think they would burn it out in galway. why not leave it at Joe Keanes or Peacockes?

Advertisement