Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A little help please?

• 28-01-2010 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭

My Digialb went blank last night (No signal received), I tried another free to air package on 16 deg, just in case it was just Digialb, no signal there either. I also verified that my receiver is ok using a different dish (28 deg). I'm pretty certain the dish hasn't moved so I suspect either lnb or cable.
    But just to cover all bases, can anyone confirm that 16 deg hasn't fallen out of the sky and better still that digialb is still operational.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

It hasn't quite fallen out of the sky but it is having severe issues. Lots of channels are affected.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055809099

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

Thanks for that, I really should know that Eutelsat W2 is on 16 degrees shouldn't I?

I'll leave my dish alone so!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yes the old W2 bird failed miserably last night, she is an OAP now! Transmissions have slowly been transfered to Eurobird 16, but not all broadcasts have reappeared yet and some transponders are low powered. Sesat is at 17east and i think is being moved to 16east which will take 36 hours to get there!

Some digitalb channels are duplicated on Eurobird 16 and some also are FTA at present including some HD channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Is a new scan required ?

By coincidene I just went to Super Sport there a moment ago anf noticed no signal.

Still having very little luck getting my movie channels back on Digitalb, I have updated to the new frequencies and 11055 v 27900 2/3 will scan for me but very low signal strength, but 11094 v 27900 2/3 has zero signal?
    Has anyone else experienced a reduction in signal strength since frequencies were changed?
    For some reason 10719 v 27500 3/4 has far better signal strength than the others but my card will not clear these channels.

• Advertisement

Still having very little luck getting my movie channels back on Digitalb, I have updated to the new frequencies and 11055 v 27900 2/3 will scan for me but very low signal strength, but 11094 v 27900 2/3 has zero signal?
    Has anyone else experienced a reduction in signal strength since frequencies were changed?
    For some reason 10719 v 27500 3/4 has far better signal strength than the others but my card will not clear these channels.

Try a network scan.

Also perhaps your dish could have moved with wind.

It is possible that I need to realign the dish, it's just I'm pretty sure the dish hasn't moved, from January when everthing was fine to now when I have very little signal strength.

What's the advantage of a network scan over manually entering the info? The channels are found when I scan, but low strength/quality.

This is really starting to confuse me now!

Eutelsat Sesat (16.0E) - 11094.00 V - Txp: B4 - Beam: Europe
    DVB-S (QPSK) - 27900 2/3 (34.9 Mbps) - NID:366 - TID:30402
    Digitalb Satellite

Eutelsat Sesat (16.0E) - 11055.00 V - Txp: B4 - Beam: Europe
    DVB-S (QPSK) - 27900 2/3 (34.9 Mbps) - NID:366 - TID:30401
    Digitalb Satellite

on the 11055 frequency I can get 90% signal and 90% quality, this gives an acceptable picture, however the 11094 frequency is 0% signal and 0% quality.

Can anyone explain this, apart from the frequency, they are the same, so why can I receive one and not the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Try looking up the correct frequency here:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/digitalb.html

I'd say the film channels you are looking for are at 11658 H 27900

recyclebin wrote: »
    Try looking up the correct frequency here:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/digitalb.html

I'd say the film channels you are looking for are at 11658 H 27900

Thanks for the reply, I have been using Lyngsat and kingofsat to source the correct frequencies. I have tried 11658, that you mentioned above, and also with 0% signal.

Is there anyone out there watching the DigitAlb "HITS" movie channel at the moment and if so what transponder/ frequency are you using?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Is 16east not operating properly yet? It could be what is causing you problems.

Cheers for reply, it is possible that there's still a problem with 16 deg. that's why I would like to hear from someone who is using the digitAlb movie channels at the moment.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

For me, after the changes, some/many of the tp's on 16E have become a fair bit weaker.

Isn't helpign SuperSport at all, which seemingly needs a LOT of signal for the card to decrypt. If my signal falls below 70%, the channels scramble. :(

I have a 1m dish and the Digitalb movie channels always have had a notoriously low signal for me even after tweaking the motor east & west.

EDIT: Max I can get even after tweaking the motor on Super Sport is about 75%

Max I can get even after tweaking the motor on Digitalb movie channels is about 38% but that decrypts no problem for me.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Nah, it's fine tonight after putting the card into the TM's multicrypt slot. Seems card doesn't play well with teh Conax CAM I have.

Or, a conflict with the Cyfra (SECA) card, Digitalb (Conax) card and JSC (Viaccess 3) card all running simultaneously.

Advertisement