Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Night Club clobber

• 28-01-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭

Good afternoon folks
    Just wondering what do you think is the best clobber to wear on a night out,
    For instance, Shirt, T-Shirt or Jumper,
    Shoe's or runner's (nice one obvisouly)

I used to be a bit of T-Shirt man when i was oging out, and iv only just noticed i tend to wear a lot of shirt's with the sleeves rolled up these days when i go out. Just wana see what the rest of you think,

As u can see im a bit bored in work : )

Comments

Jumpers says my Mamie still dresses me for all eventualities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

A guy who makes an effort always looks better than a guy who doesn't!

I'd go for a shirt over a t-shirt though, tbh I think it all depends on the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Moonbaby wrote: »

So, you think he should wear a dress? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I think a shirt is usually the best thing to go for, but I do wear t-shirts and also jumpers the odd time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I tend to go with either a check shirt, cardigan and plain tee or v-neck with shirt underneath, always with dark jeans

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I really don't know how to react to that comment, suppose :eek:

Shirt and V-neck jumper or shirt usually, I think t-shirts look way too casual on a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Depends on the club tbh.

Nice pair of jeans and shoes/runners with either an awesome tshirt or shirt, or sometimes both with the shirt un-buttoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Dress to impress, is how I roll...

TBH i dont really want to go to a nightclub where the other people wear t-shirts and runners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I like wearing good clothes, especially when I'm out.

Occasion = Suited & booted.

Club/Night out = shirt, trousers, shoes. Coat & scarf if it's chilly.

Pub for a few = shirt, jeans/trousers, shoes. Coat & scarf if it's chilly, wooly jumper if it's extra chilly.
    TBH i dont really want to go to a nightclub where the other people wear t-shirts and runners.
    +1

I don't really like the 'funny tshirt' + jeans + runners look.
    Ah no, if it's damn chilly out, I'm keeping warm. Jumper can always be taken off when I'm inside, but I'm not out with intentions of catching a cold :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i genrally wear a short sleave shirt witha nice cut and a nice t shirt... abstractey art... pair of jeacns and a pair od sneakers of some discription...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Always a shirt and jeans combo for me. On another point is it better to have the shirt tucked in or out??Im going thru the tucked in phase at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I wear shirt with sleeves rolled up, tie, jeans, runners (Normally shoes but they broke and I can't be arsed to buy new ones)

I think I look damn good on nights out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Jeans, Shirt and converse. Sometimes I wear a cardigan with a t-shirt also.

I hate wearing shoes as it reminds me of secondary school. Only wear them on formal occassions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

creggy wrote: »
    Jeans, Shirt and converse. Sometimes I wear a cardigan with a t-shirt also.

I hate wearing shoes as it reminds me of secondary school. Only wear them on formal occassions.

Bingo. Shirt (sleeves rolled up) is great for all occasions. If everyone else is wearing a shirt, you're not out of place. If everyone else is wearing t-shirts, you look sharp.

Jeans, because the only other option is slacks and they're only for formal occasions really.

Converse, because they look nice. They're very informal but not to the degree that you look scruffy.

The combination of all three gives a relaxed but sharp look.

Occasionally, I'll wear a blazer if I wanna stand out and look slick. Tonight, I'm going to an informal, yet dressy, party. I reckon most of the lads will be in a shirt/jeans combo. I'm all out in a slick black suit. But that's for courting reasons. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

This thread seems to have escaped from F&A. I'll ask a mod over there to look after it for ya.
    TaDaa!
    Welcome to F&A. Play nice now.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

creggy wrote: »
    Jeans, Shirt and converse.
    Converse, because they look nice. They're very informal but not to the degree that you look scruffy.

Converse ftw! Love my two pairs, pink & purple lol! :D

It's really going to be down to the type of club you are going to. You’re not going to wear a tux to a overcrowded barely legal drinking age venue, you’re not going to wear jeans and a t-shirt to a burlesque night, you’re not going to wear chinos and a boating jacket to see the local Psychobilly band play. What kind of club are you talking about going to OP?

If the object of the enterprise is to go to a club and dance the night away then wear something you can dance in. If the object is to get noticed and attract some attention then dress sharp, or at least try to stand out from everyone else. If they are all wearing jeans and t-shirts then wear trousers and a jacket. If they are all wearing shirts with rolled up sleeves (SHUDDER) then wear French cuffs and cufflinks. If they wear a two piece then wear a three piece. Always go one step more refined then your competitors compatriots. I mean, if everyone wears converse, jeans and t-shirts then why do you want to hide yourself amongst them like just another one of the sheeple?

What it all boils down to in the end is that you can wear whatever you want too within the boundaries set by the clubs dress-code and it’s up to you to either dress up or dress down for the occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 nomdeguerre

Variety is the spice of life! It does indeed depend on the occasion etc, but even so, it's nice not to wear the same style all the time. I often wear a v-neck over a shirt with jeans and driving shoes. But other times I'll wear a polo shirt, ripped jeans and trainers. Sometimes I'll wear a suit jacket with a shirt and nice jeans. (And other times, shamefully, I won't have made an effort at all.)

So I think it's a bit boring to always stick to one favourite look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Whatever's clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Depends on occassion but usually shirt or polo shirt, jeans and shoes. Not a fan of jumpers, v necks, cardigans or skinny jeans. I don't wanna go for the Kate Moss Russell Brand look!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

hitman79 wrote: »
    Always a shirt and jeans combo for me. On another point is it better to have the shirt tucked in or out??Im going thru the tucked in phase at the moment.

Oh god, leave it out!!!
    Fajitas! wrote: »
    I don't really like the 'funny tshirt' + jeans + runners look.

No, they're lame. "If found please return to the pub"/"Gynaecologist in training"/FCUK"......YAWN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭globemaster1986

Agreed re the Tshirts with "funny" slogans, not cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Amadeus.

An arran jumper and a pair of cords

Magenta wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hitman79 viewpost.gif

Oh god, leave it out!!!

Why? If he's short, it might be better to tuck it in...

Magenta wrote: »
    Oh god, leave it out!!!

Depends on the shirt tbh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Will wrote: »
    Depends on the physique of the person wearing it tbh.

FYP

Aloha shirts (Hawaiian shirts) should never tucked.
    Tailed shirts should never be untucked.
    Tailess shirts should never purchased in the first place. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

A tucked-in shirt makes you look like a middle aged man!

No, a tucked in shirt makes you look like a well dressed man.

• Advertisement

I'm willing to say you have no idea what the tails on shirts look like if you think they should be worn out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

OldGoat wrote: »
    No, a tucked in shirt makes you look like a well dressed man.

If you're wearing slacks. If you tuck your shirt into your jeans then there's no hope for you.

If you tuck your shirt into your jeans then there's no hope for you.
    Oh don't make me post pictures. :)

Casual shirts - polos, football, lumberjack checked, flannels aloha all tend to look better worn outside jeans.
    A dress shirt HAS to be worn tucked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

OldGoat wrote: »
    Oh don't make me post pictures. :)

Casual shirts - polos, football, lumberjack checked, flannels aloha all tend to look better worn outside jeans.
    A dress shirt HAS to be worn tucked in.

I just re-read my post and realised I forgot to mention that I NEVER wear jeans with a shirt.

I see guys with striped and checkered shirts every weekend and they look like they dressed in the dark. Don't get me wrong, some guys can pull it off but, IMO, the shirt has to be one solid colour and not have stripes and the jeans have to be straight leg. I've noticed that the guys I see wearing bad-fitting striped/checked shirts with jeans usually have a gold chain and rings too.

To answer the OP's question, it depends on what kind of club. If I'm going to Tramco or d.two then I'll always wear dark coloured jeans (twist leg), a plain t-shirt with a dark coloured v-neck sweater and plain trainers (usually Adidas Stan Smith in black or white).

If I'm going to something more formal then I'll wear slacks with a shirt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

A tucked in shirt makes you look like a BOGGER

User 'nm' banned for trolling in the forum.

• Advertisement

ModEdit: Snip

I dont think there is a golden rule to this. Formal dress sense you'll must defly tuck it in, but more mordern style you can leave it tucked out.

But it all depends on the shirt and jeans and if you do tuck in your shirt into jeans then you got to make sure you have the right belt also, or no belt at all depending on the jeans, which would be rare but i have gone beltless on a night out...

Mod Edit: Snip
    Hazys wrote: »
    I dont think there is a golden rule to this. Formal dress sense you'll must defly tuck it in, but more mordern style you can leave it tucked out.

But it all depends on the shirt and jeans and if you do tuck in your shirt into jeans then you got to make sure you have the right belt also, or no belt at all depending on the jeans, which would be rare but i have gone beltless on a night out...

Though your fashion advice does seem sensible, if non-committal :)

ModEdit: Snip

Though your fashion advice does seem sensible, if non-committal :)

If you never commit to an opinion, you can never be held to it...i would make a great politican :cool:

Letsa keep to the topic please before more users get banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Pub: Jeans, t-shirt and white converse or tiger runners.

Clubbing mid-week: I'd usually wear jeans, a cloured t-shirt (e.g. abercrombie or superdry), with a fashionable checkered shirt and sleves rolled up over it. I also wear a clean pair of white converse.

Weekend informal club: Dark jeans, shirt covered by a V-neck designer fitted jumper. I'd also go with brown shoes.

Weekend formal club: Trousers (usually grey) and white shirt (tucked in) and black shoes.

Like to dress to impress.

• Advertisement
Advertisement