Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Bolton 30th Jan, 3pm.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

I know there arent many Babel fans out there now but Id love to see him get the game time up front Ngog is getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ryan Babel is coming on, now we know why the increased offer from Brum was turned down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Time for Babel's monthly 6 minute run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

joe123 wrote: »
    I know there arent many Babel fans out there now but Id love to see him get the game time up front Ngog is getting.

rafa just caled him over to the bench. could make a super sub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

wonder if this the last time we see Babel in a pool shirt

Lucas is doing well since he came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

mike65 wrote: »

He might have even scored from that header from the Gerrard free-kick

3 mins to hang on...Maxi nearly got his first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

kyrgiakos man of the match aganin. thats what you want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yes!!! Birmingham just scored. We'll only be 1 point behind Tottenham in a few mins

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

Yep, in fairness to him he has been decent this season. I don't think I will ever accept him as being of first team quality in terms of ability, but his workrate and attitude this season has been top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Brum equalised against spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

1-1 at spurs! great news for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    Yes!!! Birmingham just scored. We'll only be 1 point behind Tottenham in a few mins
    That's good but Man City is the team we really want to see dropping points imo. Don't consider Villa or Spurs to be as big a threat to be honest.

Gerrard has looked much better too since his shadow got subbed.

Final whistle.

That'll do, esp with Spurs being held (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

SAULGOODE9 wrote: »
    joe123 wrote: »
    1-1 at spurs! great news for us.

People may want to watch MOTD or dont want to hear results of other matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,097 ✭✭✭DenMan

Villa have a game in hand on both Liverpool and Tottenham. Man City 3 games in hand. Makes Liverpool's win today very important.

Well that's that.

A much deserved Liverpool win :p

Liverpool were outstanding playing in a style that brought the 1970 Brazil team to mind. Verve, skill and passion were all on display with Gerrard playing like a better version of a cross between Pele and Jairzinho.

Ok maybe it was a very average and forgettable game, with the points going the right way in my opinion. But it is three points, and that is what we need to keep getting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

that was lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Masch seems to be back to his best recently. I was also impressed with Lucas when he came on. He seems to have quite a bit of confidence now and brings quite a bit of composure to the team when he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Notice how quiet the thread is. I'm sure if Liverpool lost there would be a whole lot more people crawling out of the woodwork to have a bash.:rolleyes:

All in all it was average performance. We did do enough to win the game. Had more possession and were fairly solid at the back (thanks again to the Greek). Gerrard upped his game a microtad from completely rubbish to poor. Unfortunately a performance like this against stronger opposition would most likely have not given us the three points. My main worry is in the creativity department. Luck was very much on our side today and on an unluckier day we could be cursing another 0-0 draw. But still, I'll go all Rafa on your arses and say there are positives to be taken from the game:D. We won despite playing great football.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Masch seems to be back to his best recently. I was also impressed with Lucas when he came on. He seems to have quite a bit of confidence now and brings quite a bit of composure to the team when he plays.

Lucas seems to have a habit of getting to crosses ahead of everyone else, if he could get in the habit of actually doing anything with the chances I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

copacetic wrote: »
    Lucas seems to have a habit of getting to crosses ahead of everyone else, if he could get in the habit of actually doing anything with the chances I'd be delighted.

That would be nice alright!!

only caught the end of game. Anyone do particularly well for us today lads?

only caught the end of game. Anyone do particularly well for us today lads?

Kyrgiakos, Insua, and Masch did well. Lucas did himself no harm with his 20 odd minute appearance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Aquilani did well for the goal but I feel he was generally pretty careless on the ball, hopefully that's just a by product of a long lay off and someone who is still trying to settle into the team.

yeah just saw the highlights. And yeah agree with Steven re aquilani. Did not exactly bust a gut trekking before that Bolton goal chance. Still two assists now in last three games. Something anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

magma69 wrote: »
    Notice how quiet the thread is. I'm sure if Liverpool lost there would be a whole lot more people crawling out of the woodwork to have a bash.:rolleyes:

Do you normally state the obvious?

If Liverpool lost at home to a team favourites for relegation it might spark off a debate or two, well done though for pointing that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

another performance from mascherano which further dispells the myth that he can't pass or play football, some great passes from him today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Boggles wrote: »
    Do you normally state the obvious?

If Liverpool lost at home to a team favourites for relegation it might spark off a debate or two, well done though for pointing that out.
    Your angry tonight, I suppose Chelsea going 4 clear at the top,Liverpool winning and Arsenal tomorrow will do that to you.

Good performance today from Liverpool. Battle for 4th will be fun to watch.

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Your angry tonight, I suppose Chelsea going 4 clear at the top,Liverpool winning and Arsenal tomorrow will do that to you.

Ahhhh CHD defender of anything not United. Good lad.

You'll be missed by me come May.

Agree though, Masch played like a man possessed this afternoon. Excellent! Excellent game!

Boggles wrote:
    You'll be missed by me come May.

Tell ya what, I will join whatever forum you decide to frequent instead so you don't miss me.

Tell ya what, I will join whatever forum you decide to frequent instead so you don't miss me.

redcafe. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

How many fans do liverpool have world wide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

argosy2006 wrote: »
    How many fans do liverpool have world wide?

At least 12. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

K-9 wrote: »
    True, this is an ideal game for him, at home, plenty of possession and we need a player like him to break them down.

Going for a 2-0.

Reina
    Carra Skrtel The Greek Insua
    Masch Acquilani
    Kuyt Gerrard Riera
    NGog

Nice to get something right this season.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

liverpool are great. if you think differently you are thick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Jazzy wrote: »
    liverpool are great. if you think differently you are thick

Reported for trolling.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Reported for trolling.
    Doing a teachers pet act? Posting that you reported a post is silly.

NAAAA NAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NAAAA NAAAA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

(look away LoI fans, im singing a song about english business sponsorship in football....... basically your kryptonite)

• Advertisement

ooff, the way you talk to me chd is just like an 80's rockstar.............

oh yes...

god i love david lee roth

Its weird being on the other side of early morning drunk posts.

My bad.... Tis back seat modding. And no I wasn't doing a teachers pet act. I just usually post that when reporting a post. Haven't really had much problem with it before but this charter is different so I retract that.

Did someone hack into Jazzy's account I wonder because his/her posts from earlier are all relatively "normal" if you will.

Drink. Doubt its hacked at 6am!

True. Wonder he was drinking? Absinthe and tequila shots.... Now that'd get ya fcuked. Bed for me.

And to keep on topic I suppose..... Yay Liverpool.

negative. i just love you that much.

hello, my name is a mr Snrub and i propose we invest all that money back into the nuclear power plant...

I like the way Snrub thinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

only 4 pages, the wolves thread had a solid 8, i wonder is that because certain fans know it's not as easy to wind up liverpool fans when they win? hmmm.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

only 4 pages, the wolves thread had a solid 8, i wonder is that because certain fans know it's not as easy to wind up liverpool fans when they win? hmmm.....

actually i think most of the posts were from complaining liverpool fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

actually i think most of the posts were from complaining liverpool fans

thats just as bad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

thats just as bad...

no, fans have every right to complain.

Advertisement