Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement for condensed milk ?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Got a recipe from a mate for a chicken and broccoli curry casserole that he made the other night. Was lovely so got the recipe.
    Includes condensed chicken soup and condensed milk. Sounds very processed to me - is there an alternative or is that why it was so tasty ?!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I would say it definitely added to the richness. Use cream - or creme fraiche instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I don't know if it'll work the same but I've substituted cream for condensed milk in pumpkin pie and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Got a recipe from a mate for a chicken and broccoli curry casserole that he made the other night. Was lovely so got the recipe.
    Includes condensed chicken soup and condensed milk. Sounds very processed to me - is there an alternative or is that why it was so tasty ?!

Thanks

When I first saw this I thought it was someone looking to use a dairy free alternative and thought yes!!

Condensed milk in a casserole - that will be VERY SWEET!!!! Coconut milk, creme fraiche or cream!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I always use condensed soup and cream. Condensed milk is sweet though. Maybe it's evaporated milk your friend used?

Advertisement