Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Nobody has been appointed to the Clare management position,there is a process to appointing and sacking a manager.1st off a new manager must be proposed by a delegate,then all club delegates are allowed a vote on the matter.

Congrats to The clare minors,good to see all the clare supporters in P ui C today.:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Nobody has been appointed to the Clare management position,there is a process to appointing and sacking a manager.1st off a new manager must be proposed by a delegate,then all club delegates are allowed a vote on the matter.

Congrats to The clare minors,good to see all the clare supporters in P ui C today.:)
    It all depends on what Pat Fitz wants, they might go through the motions, but at the end of the day it all depends on what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

ok maybe Davy will get the next managers position (which is not good imo) but i couldnt give a fcuk tonight.

Munster Minor champions 2011

and the boys are out celebrating and so they should.

C'Mon the BANNER.

(Bit Drunk) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

congrats on the minor game today, they look like a really exciting team. Definitly look like potential all ireland winners, that waterford team are very good and were made look very very ordinary today.
    Good to see the hard work being done in both counties underage, hopefully it follows through to senior sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭billo.d86

Clareman wrote: »
    It all depends on what Pat Fitz wants, they might go through the motions, but at the end of the day it all depends on what he wants.
    Spot on G.A.A boards are more corrupt than the politicians in this country its a fact. Not a good move for Davy imo.

Delighted for the minors. :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Imagine Davy roaring and shouting at young lads. Can't do much for the confidence I'd guess.
    Definitely would be a backward step for the county but one i'd imagine we will take anyway.
    Dreadful, dreadful manager. He was clueless on the sideline yesterday, some bizarre gameplan that had Brick Walsh playing corner back at some stage. He should retire from the game, by god not too many would miss his rants and finger pointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Allegedly ;):D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Wow buck, get off the fence. If you want to make your opinion known, please feel free (within the rules of course) but please don't lower yourself to name calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

True.

• Advertisement

Fair play to Niall O'Connor for playing in the minor final yesterday after hearing his grandmother had died that morning. Also, reports that Tony Kelly had been in hospital during the week as a result of the injury he suffered in the semi final. That might explain his rather low key performance yesterday.

Anyway, all roads lead to Cusack Park on Wednesday night for the Munster Intermediate final at half 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

saw niall gilligan limp off after 15 mins last sat in the clare cup game v newmarket. as he left the field of play at the end of the game his hamstring appeared to be very tight. hopefully it was precautionary but it looked worrying enough.

Clare team to play Limerick in Munster Intermediate Final in Cusack Park tonight at 19.30

CLARE IH: A Fahy (Whitegate). M O’Regan (St Joseph’s Doora-Barefield), P Kelly (Clarecastle), A Brigdale (Crusheen). J Fennessy (Sixmilebridge), M Hawes (Cratloe), K Moynihan (Éire Óg). R Keane (Éire Óg), S Golden (Sixmilebridge). T Carmody (Sixmilebridge), K Dilleen (St Joseph’s Doora-Barefield), D Keane (Kilmaley). D O’Rourke (Wolfe Tones), N Gilligan (Sixmilebridge), M Duggan (Clooney-Quin).

As you say User Friendly, Gilli is a major injury doubt but he was named in the team anyway.

I'm looking forward to this game tonight, I may even have a couple of beverages after the game to (hopefully) celebrate a Munster title

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

anyone know the score of cooraclare and clarecastle last night in junior a football?
    clare gaa website is sooooo slowwwww with results!!:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭billo.d86

Clare team to play Limerick in Munster Intermediate Final in Cusack Park tonight at 19.30

CLARE IH: A Fahy (Whitegate). M O’Regan (St Joseph’s Doora-Barefield), P Kelly (Clarecastle), A Brigdale (Crusheen). J Fennessy (Sixmilebridge), M Hawes (Cratloe), K Moynihan (Éire Óg). R Keane (Éire Óg), S Golden (Sixmilebridge). T Carmody (Sixmilebridge), K Dilleen (St Joseph’s Doora-Barefield), D Keane (Kilmaley). D O’Rourke (Wolfe Tones), N Gilligan (Sixmilebridge), M Duggan (Clooney-Quin).

As you say User Friendly, Gilli is a major injury doubt but he was named in the team anyway.
    Is there many young lads on the team outside Duggan, Golden and Fahy.
    Is the game on tv? Work in Dublin

• Advertisement

Nope, it won't be on TV, I would imagine clare.fm will carry commentary for it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

billo.d86 wrote: »
    Is there many young lads on the team outside Duggan, Golden and Fahy.
    Is the game on tv? Work in Dublin

Golden is definately one for the future, hell I'd be surprised not to see him in the Championship next year.

Keane from Kilmaley was on the minor team last year, he's a son of Tommy Keane who captained Clare in the 80s

Keane from Kilmaley was on the minor team last year, he's a son of Tommy Keane who captained Clare in the 80s

Pronounced Kane :p

Kevin Moynihan has been on Clare u21 panel for last 3 years.

1-6 a piece at HT. Clare played very well in first 15 mins with the goal coming from Kane but then Limerick took over and scored 1-3 without reply.
    Plenty of bad wides from Clare.

• Advertisement

WHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D 2 Munster titles in 4 days.

2-15 to 2-13
    Pretty good game especially in the 2nd half. Limerick had plenty of chances but didnt take them.

God Carmody was brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

2 Munster titles.. delighted! :DC'mon the U21's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Who scored the goals?

Many of the match nominations guys???

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Who scored the goals?

Many of the match nominations guys???

Kane & Ronan Keane.

Probably Shane Golden for me. Good showing from Moynihan, Gilli and Kelly at Fb.

Kane & Ronan Keane.

Probably Shane Golden for me. Good showing from Moynihan, Gilli and Kelly at Fb.

Ronan Keane plays for Eire Og

Why do Eire Og always manage to get fairly decent minor and U-21 players and intermediates in this case but rarely get players on the senior panel??

Ronan Keane plays for Eire Og

Why do Eire Og always manage to get fairly decent minor and U-21 players and intermediates in this case but rarely get players on the senior panel??

We (Eire og) havent had any since Barry Nugent. Suppose being in intermediate at the moment doesnt help. Lots of talent in the majority of our teams but just dont think they have the right attitude,determination or dedication to get to the highest level.
    I would also say that everyone outside the town hates)too strong a word maybe) everything to do with them and always hope they fail.

We (Eire og) havent had any since Barry Nugent. Suppose being in intermediate at the moment doesnt help. Lots of talent in the majority of our teams but just dont think they have the right attitude,determination or dedication to get to the highest level.
    I would also say that everyone outside the town hates)too strong a word maybe) everything to do with them and always hope they fail.

Why do you reckon the townies are hated so much? :D:D

More to the point what can be done to get Eire Og to the next level?

Why do you reckon the townies are hated so much? :D:D

More to the point what can be done to get Eire Og to the next level?

Dont really think i have to answer the first question!!! :)

There are plenty of reasons why Eire og havent achieved much in the past 20 years never mind last few years.
    The biggest evidence of a problem i can give an example of is the team that won the All-Ireland Feile in 99. Of the panel that team had only 2(ronan keane & noel whelan) are still playing at intermediate level while 2 more play at junior B level. Something went seriously wrong there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I'm heading to the West Coast of Clare on Saturday for a week's holiday. Just wondering is there any local senior football championship games taking place in West Clare the coming week ahead?

Looks like it's the Juniors this weekend, although the Clare Cup final is on http://www.clare.gaa.ie/this-weeks-football-fixtures

• Advertisement

Looks like it's the Juniors this weekend, although the Clare Cup final is on http://www.clare.gaa.ie/this-weeks-football-fixtures
    Might go to Cooraclare Sunday evening for the Clare Cup final,looks like it could be an exciting game.

Sorry, the Clare Cup is the hurling league, the Cusack Cup is the football league, my bad.

Doonbeg vs. Kilmurry, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a row at it at least :)

Sorry, the Clare Cup is the hurling league, the Cusack Cup is the football league, my bad.

Doonbeg vs. Kilmurry, I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a row at it at least :)
    No bother Clareman,I'd like to see Kilmurry-Ibrickane playing after their exploits 16 months ago reaching the All Ireland final.

It should be a good game of football, club football in Clare has always been very strong, the problem is getting the all to play for the county that's the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

It should be a good game of football, club football in Clare has always been very strong, the problem is getting the all to play for the county that's the problem.
    This has been the problem for years it seems in Clare.Great club footballers who refuse to play alongside their rivals.Thats how much the hatred runs. I know of a lad from Doonbeg who bought a St Galls (Antrim) jersey after St Galls beat Kilmurry(Clare) in the AI club final.:eek:

Waterford minors have just beaten Kilkenny so that means we are playing Galway who hammered (probably an understatement) Antrim today.

Should be a very good game with them. All i can say for now is that some of our lads are playing very well at the moment as i have witnessed against Eire Og in the minor championship.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's game. It really should be a good one.
    Heard from sources that the team is the following:
    1. k. brennan ( eire og)
    2. D. nash ( scarrif)
    3. P.o'connor ( tubber)
    4. P.flanagan ( ballyea)
    5. K.ryan ( ruan )
    6. C. chaplin ( broadford)
    7.S.o'hollaran ( clarecastle)
    8. L markham ( cratloe)
    9. C. ryan ( cratloe )
    10. T . kelly ( ballyea )
    11. C .mcinerney ( cratloe)
    12. S . golden ( smb)
    13.P collins ( cratloe)
    14. F kennedey ( crusheen)
    15.C mc grath ( cratloe

Looking forward to seeing Tony Kelly play at this level as i have no doubts that he is good enough. Obviously it will be a big night for O'Connor in full back with having to mark Downes. Have also heard that Dowling from Limerick is injured but no clarification of this.

Well that was disappointing. I expected a loss due to our backs but not by that margin.

Our midfield was very poor and we lost most puck-outs. When we did have the ball the forwards in the 1st half didnt make the best use of it. Thought when we got it back to 2 points we would kick on and win it.

Tony Kelly was the only starting player to come out well from the match and he is 17 ffs. Davy O'Holl played well when he was introduced and that was about it. i expected a lot more out of Golden,McInerney & Markham but the were out-classed all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

How did the game finish up this evening?

• Advertisement

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    How did the game finish up this evening?

Badly!!!! 2-18 to 1-15

The u21 management team resigned last night after the loss to Limerick. Right time for them to step down but after the selections and subsitutions last night im not sure if they should get the senior job regardless of there All Ireland success in 2009.

Id presume the current minor management would be favourites to take over the u21 management now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Id presume the current minor management would be favourites to take over the u21 management now.

What about Davy?

What about Davy?

Davy is the next senior manager, the July & August county board meetings have been postponed so he won't be ratified until September, unless Waterford win the All Ireland and write a blank cheque book to keep him of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Very disappointed with that match.. I was expecting so much more but we were flat all over except for Kelly. Intermediates and Minors are the only 2 left on the road this year, hopefully they will go well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

was that Tony Kelly playing wing forward for 21s last night?

• Advertisement

Davy is the next senior manager, the July & August county board meetings have been postponed so he won't be ratified until September, unless Waterford win the All Ireland and write a blank cheque book to keep him of course

any idea who would be selctors?Cyril Farrell?

Gael85 wrote: »
    was that Tony Kelly playing wing forward for 21s last night?

ya it was. a 17 year old was our best player!! Too early to be put in senior team???? :p

We were bullied all over the pitch and just didnt have the height or strength in the defence to cope with Limerick. Cant understand how Kevin Moynihan wasnt seen as good enough to be on that team as Fennessy who came in was awful last night when introduced.

ya it was. a 17 year old was our best player!! Too early to be put in senior team???? :p

We were bullied all over the pitch and just didnt have the height or strength in the defence to cope with Limerick. Cant understand how Kevin Moynihan wasnt seen as good enough to be on that team as Fennessy who came in was awful last night when introduced.

might be no harm to give Kelly a few games in the league wing forward,also need sort out the team down the centre 1,3,6,8,9,11,14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Ger Loughnane's Family hit out at false media reports

28 July, 2011 - 10:35am

The family of Clare hurling legend Ger Loughnane have hit out at false reports concerning the state of his health.

A number of websites and other media outlets have incorrectly reported that the 57 year old passed away last night.

The former Clare Hurling Manager who won two All Star Awards for the county before leading Clare to their first All Ireland Hurling title in 81 years in 1995 and then again 1997, is currently undergoing treatment for leukaemia.

The family have been inundated with calls regarding his condition and speaking to Clare FM family spokesperson Matt Purcell said the rumours are completely false and Ger is responding 100 percent to treatment.

http://clare.fm/news/ger-loughnanes-family-hit-out-false-media-reports-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Whoever started those rumours about Ger are pathetic :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement