Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

€10 cheaper than the first game, that'll be the discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

685 ahead of me in the queue :( The waiting time seems to be going up not coming down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Mine went straight in- didn’t have a minute que.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

I (think I) bought them 20 mins ago but still waiting on confirmation email.....

More than an Hour long que now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭finbarrk

This queue is terrible slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

It has to be the worst ticket system out there, but to be fair printing out in the shops is about the same speed, so until to can speed that process up can't see them bothering to use a better online service

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I hear it's chaos at the Centra's in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Just got 2 tickets. Had a bit of a hiccup when I clicked edit tickets and they put me back in the queue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Only terrace now left on tickets.ie got in and got 3 so better than a kick in the arse

• Advertisement

RedorDead wrote: »
    Only terrace now left on tickets.ie got in and got 3 so better than a kick in the arse

Seems to be total chaos, loads of people didn't know they were on sale today at all, more assumed that the clubs would be getting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Is it any quicker to go into a Centra than queue online? Im in Tullamore at the mo and also in sn hour queue online.

Facebook post of the Queue in Lynch's - https://www.facebook.com/clareecho/videos/215941239104543/

Is it any quicker to go into a Centra than queue online? Im in Tullamore at the mo and also in sn hour queue online.

Depends on the store.. last time I dove 30 mins to my local village shop and there were 2 people in the queue ahead of me compared to the 20-30 in the town shops

I'd say you'd be a lot better off in Tullamore than in Ennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jv2000

I was surprised that there was no apparent limit on the number of tickets on tickets.ie earlier. I'd say there will be a lot of tickets for sale at "premium" prices later this week.

I was surprised as well, people who try to profit at tickets should be lined up and shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Get yourself into a Centra in Tullamore

• Advertisement

Shur can’t you pop to centra and you’d be back before queue has progressed online if using a pc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Can’t make the trip myself but it looks like Thurles will be packed to the rafters!

Noveight wrote: »
    Can’t make the trip myself but it looks like Thurles will be packed to the rafters!

Looks like a sell out already

Lots of one's and twos scattered around the 4 ends

• Registered Users Posts: 43 FoxHouse

Thanks for your updates Clareman! - managed to get my family tickets (I am literally going to be hero-worshiped for the week)

FoxHouse wrote: »
    Thanks for your updates Clareman! - managed to get my family tickets (I am literally going to be hero-worshiped for the week)

Yeah- well done Clareman... can you get the priest to change masstime for me?

• Advertisement

Yeah- well done Clareman... can you get the priest to change masstime for me?

I rang him there, they'll put on an extra mass Saturday night for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

I can’t believe they are not going through the clubs at all. And I thought they are the lifeblood of the gaa. Some joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Clareman wrote: »
    Tickets sorted for Sunday, WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO
    what stands area available?

I (think I) bought them 20 mins ago but still waiting on confirmation email.....
    check your my.tickets account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Got two in Centra in Mallow, very busy with people looking for tickets. System very slow for them as well.

• Advertisement

Just got 2 tickets. Had a bit of a hiccup when I clicked edit tickets and they put me back in the queue.
    I'd say with the demand you'll have to take whats first offered

I rang him there, they'll put on an extra mass Saturday night for you

Alas I have to go Sunday as it’s for the new babies in the parish

can you get the priest to change masstime for me?

Mass Mitching Service now available :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Tickets secured for killinan end. Delighted to say the least. Expecting another closely fought battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭letowski

Just looking back at the Shanagher goal, it was some catch during that down pour of rain we had during the start of extra time. It's one of the things I really like about Aron is he is a gifted athlete, see the way he can jump right above Hanbury, but not only that, he has that burst of pace to get away from him too. He is a serious threat from the bench.

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1023269186276085760

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Town End Terrace is all that’s left now.

Sold out very quickly, I heard of someone who queued in Ryan's Centra for over an hour but they got tickets. Bad form in my opinion the way the tickets were sold, just an announcement 30 minutes before they went on general sale that Clubs wouldn't be getting any, how hard would it have been to get the tickets to the clubs on Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    check your my.tickets account

Thanks, but they're not there either. I've sent email, living in hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭supernova5

wonder if majority Clare fans will be congregated on Killinan end as per usual or is it likely to be more mixed on both end terraces this time?

Latest rumour is that clubs will be getting tickets later in the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭supernova5

been on tickets.ie for 2.5 hours now and queue still at number three thousand

As in a normal allocation or just 50 of the discounted tickets like last time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

Sold out very quickly, I heard of someone who queued in Ryan's Centra for over an hour but they got tickets. Bad form in my opinion the way the tickets were sold, just an announcement 30 minutes before they went on general sale that Clubs wouldn't be getting any, how hard would it have been to get the tickets to the clubs on Thursday?

Was that announcement by county board? Surely if supporters are ordering tickets through club it should have been same procedure for next game? Also why couldn't they have the game next Saturday in Croke Park? Knock €20 off last Saturday ticket prices and probably of got of crowd 60+k

FoxHouse wrote: »
    As in a normal allocation or just 50 of the discounted tickets like last time?

I don't know to be honest, was speaking to a friend of mine who's on a committee and he told me he was expecting tickets later in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭HenrysLeftHand

Gael85 wrote: »
    What that announcement by county board? Surely if supporters are ordering tickets through club it should have been same procedure for next game? Also why couldn't they have the game next Saturday in Croke Park? Knock €20 off last Saturday ticket prices and probably of got of crowd 60+k

Galway footballers are playing Saturday

Have it in Limerick and have 50k at it an hour closer to home would be even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

Latest rumour is that clubs will be getting tickets later in the week

Why couldn't the GAA just announce clear detail of how they were going to sell these tickets? It's exasperating that they can't even do the simple things right.

I pretty sure it's only 50 tickets that each club can get now at a discounted rate - the rest online/shops! Seen few clubs in Galway put up FB statuses about the 50 tickets being available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Have it in Limerick and have 50k at it an hour closer to home would be even better.
    Maybe having hawk eye in Thurles was a factor, especially seeing as how often it was needed in both games at the weekend.

• Advertisement

Why couldn't the GAA just announce clear detail of how they were going to sell these tickets? It's exasperating that they can't even do the simple things right.

Because that would need common sense. How about having 20,000 tickets going to each county board on Tuesday who in turn give them to their clubs for sale up to Friday morning, then on Friday morning the county board put the tickets on general sale through their own network, any tickets not sold are then put on general sale through Centra/Tickets.ie. Central council can keep 6,300 for themselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement