Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Gael85

Diarmuid in my opinion is a direct replacement for Malone in the middle , he lost his battle for 10 or 15 minutes in the first half against Malone but he definitely won the war over the 60 , connors has to be drafted in as shane o Donnells replacement for the league with Cooney interchanging ,

One player to look out for in the semi final too from the mills is colin crehan , similar hurler to Cooney with the same potential , maybe a bit early yet though

Do you have the team sheets for Cratloe/Sixmilebridge game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Come on the fireballs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Well the less said about those two games the better.
    Not sure what happened is but we were absolutely brutal. Couldn’t do anything right. Kilmaley played very well. Lovely interplay between each other and the supply to the forwards was excellent.
    Enright and o neill were good for them.

Inamona should have been well ahead at half time. Butchered 2 goal chances and then didn’t show up in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Deasy looked excellent again at this level. Would be interesting to see in his second year with the Clare seniors can he translate his good club form, because he looked short of intercounty standard last year.

On the weekends games I'd rank the teams Cratloe, Kilmaley, Ballyea and OCM in that order. Cratloe look in good position to win it out imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

letowski wrote: »
    Deasy looked excellent again at this level. Would be interesting to see in his second year with the Clare seniors can he translate his good club form, because he looked short of intercounty standard last year.

On the weekends games I'd rank the teams Cratloe, Kilmaley, Ballyea and OCM in that order. Cratloe look in good position to win it out imo.

I am still not so sure about kilmaley , they were given the freedom of the park today , if you saw them against Clooney you would probably have them ranked 4th as they are still.unreliable , dispite losing to ballyea in round 2 I think cratloe are the best team remaining and should win it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

I am still not so sure about kilmaley , they were given the freedom of the park today , if you saw them against Clooney you would probably have them ranked 4th as they are still.unreliable , dispite losing to ballyea in round 2 I think cratloe are the best team remaining and should win it out

Jason McCarthy was deservedly sent off today and should have got the line in the first half for kicking out at Deasy while he was on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭caddy16

caddy16 wrote: »
    Interesting stats particularly Clooneys return from play.

I think all 4 games are well balanced, tough accum to pick!
    I'll go Mills, Cratloe, Kilmaley & Ballyea
    Maybe not that tough!!!
    Kilmaley played very well in 1st half and the game was all but over at half time, 2nd half was a non-event. Eire Og were awful.
    Ballyea deserving winners, despite missing key men they grinded it out. Combo very disappointing again.

Cratloe the team to beat but I dont think any of the other 3 teams will fear them. ?

funnyname wrote: »
    Jason McCarthy was deservedly sent off today and should have got the line in the first half for kicking out at Deasy while he was on the ground.
    Agreed, it was a cowardly act.

Agreed taught the ref was terrible in that game also , deasy getting a yellow was a laughable call too

• Advertisement

Any result from Kilkee/Liscannor game?

Gael85 wrote: »

Kilkee by 4

Gael85 wrote: »

kilkee beat liscannor by 0-13 to 0-9 yesterday , today kildysart beat coolmeen by 1-7 to 0-9 points

on the second game it was a re match from last week where a coolmeen player snapped his cruciate and was left lying on the field for 40 minutes , if clubs have money for stands , foodlights and whatever else the clubs hosting the games should have some vehicle available to bring injured patients to hospital

earlier this year a tipperary selector had to wait over an hour for an ambulance to get to ennis general , a 15 minute walk away , we all know the health service is in major ****e but clubs and the gaa in clare are doing nothing in this regard for player welfare every club should have a van/people carrier converted to carter for people that may fall ill at games or injured , it would cost a lot less then the running of floodlights or the building of stands and would get people to hospital a hell of a lot quicker then waiting an hour for an ambulance

Intermediate championships as follows feakle are favorites after there extra time win over broadford , tubber did enough against inagh Ks second string , corofin are huge dark horses while the bridge and scarrif will meet again after a draw yesterday

Hurling draw tomorrow for semi finals

Sixmilebridge / or scarrif

Feakle

Corofin

Tubber

Football next weekend semi finals

Kilkee v kilrush

Shannon gaels v Kildysart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

The treble is still on for the mills. Some going after not winning anything in 40 years.

kilkee beat liscannor by 0-13 to 0-9 yesterday , today kildysart beat coolmeen by 1-7 to 0-9 points

on the second game it was a re match from last week where a coolmeen player snapped his cruciate and was left lying on the field for 40 minutes , if clubs have money for stands , foodlights and whatever else the clubs hosting the games should have some vehicle available to bring injured patients to hospital

earlier this year a tipperary selector had to wait over an hour for an ambulance to get to ennis general , a 15 minute walk away , we all know the health service is in major ****e but clubs and the gaa in clare are doing nothing in this regard for player welfare every club should have a van/people carrier converted to carter for people that may fall ill at games or injured , it would cost a lot less then the running of floodlights or the building of stands and would get people to hospital a hell of a lot quicker then waiting an hour for an ambulance
    Lets be realistic you cant expect clubs to have a vehicle at every match & training session for that purpose. The cost comparison with facilities is nonsense.

In your example of the Tipperary selector it was a head injury and as in the case of most serious injuries it's not just about transport but about having the medical expertise to move the person or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 shane14

Feakle didn’t win against Broadford, draw AET, replay next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Yesterdays games on TG4 were a disgrace, imagine a player breaking a hurley off an opponents chest and that was not the worst of it.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

Congratulations to the banner ladies yesterday.

8 in a row
    40 name's on the program and a substitute who played while 6months pregnant.

shane14 wrote: »
    Feakle didn’t win against Broadford, draw AET, replay next week.

I was badly Misinformed I apologise

dennispenn wrote: »
    Congratulations to the banner ladies yesterday.

8 in a row
    40 name's on the program and a substitute who played while 6months pregnant.

And half the county playing for them

• Advertisement

caddy16 wrote: »
    Lets be realistic you cant expect clubs to have a vehicle at every match & training session for that purpose. The cost comparison with facilities is nonsense.

In your example of the Tipperary selector it was a head injury and as in the case of most serious injuries it's not just about transport but about having the medical expertise to move the person or not.

If clubs have money for stands and floodlights why cant they afford transport ,It should become standerd practice in my opinion ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

cratloe 1-19 0-16 sixmilebridge

O'C Mills 0-17 0-14 Clooney/Quinn

Whitegate 1-11 0-11 Doora/Barefield barefield relegated

Tulla 0-17 0-16 Wolfe tones senior b championship final

in the inter championship 1/4 finals

tubber 0-19 0-10 Inagh/K
    Corofin 3-14 0-18 parteen

Tulla v Wolfe Tones was a semi final.

Crusheen beat Clarecastle in the other one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

If clubs have money for stands and floodlights why cant they afford transport ,It should become standerd practice in my opinion ,

Not practical in any way at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

And half the county playing for them

Kilmihil had 32 named on the program.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ah here, how is it feasible to have a vehicle suitable to transport a seriously injured person available at every ground? Lets pretend there's 20 grounds in Clare and every vehicle was to cost €25,000 to purchase, that's half a million just to have the vehicles sitting there. Then you have maintenance of the vehicles, lets pretend that's a €1,000 per annum, that's another 20 grand. The vehicle wouldn't be much use without tax and insurance, lets assume another €1,000 for that, another 20 grand. That's a cost of half a million setup cost and €40k per annum to maintain.

Season tickets are available today, anyone know the situation re the seated stand and these, will it be general admission or will a season ticket guarantee you a seat for all games?

Clareman wrote: »
    Ah here, how is it feasible to have a vehicle suitable to transport a seriously injured person available at every ground? Lets pretend there's 20 grounds in Clare and every vehicle was to cost €25,000 to purchase, that's half a million just to have the vehicles sitting there. Then you have maintenance of the vehicles, lets pretend that's a €1,000 per annum, that's another 20 grand. The vehicle wouldn't be much use without tax and insurance, lets assume another €1,000 for that, another 20 grand. That's a cost of half a million setup cost and €40k per annum to maintain.

i am not talking about brand new ambulances , the cars used by the paramedics and say shannon doc are converted people carriers , most large factories around the county have similar vehicles you are gone way over your head with estimations , surly there should be something in place for player welfare , the alternative at the moment is leave a player lying on the ground roaring his head off for 3 quarters of an hour is disgraceful

i am aware every club has trained first aiders and team doctors but what good are they if there is not evan basic method of transport to get an injured player to hospital as quickly as possible

Season tickets are available today, anyone know the situation re the seated stand and these, will it be general admission or will a season ticket guarantee you a seat for all games?

not all games , say in the case for cusack park where there are only a few thousand seats you wont be guaranteed a seat but you will be guaranteed one in the bigger grounds like thurles croke park ,cork ect

dennispenn wrote: »
    Kilmihil had 32 named on the program.

you know what i am on about. the banner have a huge edge on teams in the county at the moment considering they are poaching players from kilkee ,and kilfenora and the like where there are already amalgamations in place and football teams in them areas

its no different in terms of the cathal malone situation in sixmilebridge , i dont believe it should be allowed happen

them 3 players are probably the best 3 forwards in the county and none of them are from anywhere near ennis ,

i wish ye the best of luck and hope ye do win the munster club championship and it is in no way sour grapes from a kilmihil person but when players leave there own club to play for a better team i am completely against it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

i am not talking about brand new ambulances , the cars used by the paramedics and say shannon doc are converted people carriers , most large factories around the county have similar vehicles you are gone way over your head with estimations , surly there should be something in place for player welfare , the alternative at the moment is leave a player lying on the ground roaring his head off for 3 quarters of an hour is disgraceful

i am aware every club has trained first aiders and team doctors but what good are they if there is not evan basic method of transport to get an injured player to hospital as quickly as possible

€25k for a vehicle is the low end of an estimate. The facts are that some parts of Clare are extremely poorly serviced by the HSE and having ambulance cover for a county as large as ours based out of Limerick is a joke, a player with a Cruciate injury wouldn't be considered a priority patient so not only will they be waiting for an ambulance they'll be waiting in the hospital. Personally, I would have thought the easiest solution, especially for an adult game, would be for someone to drive the injured player to hospital/ShannonDoc

• Advertisement

you know what i am on about. the banner have a huge edge on teams in the county at the moment considering they are poaching players from kilkee ,and kilfenora and the like where there are already amalgamations in place and football teams in them areas

its no different in terms of the cathal malone situation in sixmilebridge , i dont believe it should be allowed happen

them 3 players are probably the best 3 forwards in the county and none of them are from anywhere near ennis ,

i wish ye the best of luck and hope ye do win the munster club championship and it is in no way sour grapes from a kilmihil person but when players leave there own club to play for a better team i am completely against it

The Banner has done a great job of promoting ladies football and should be commended, the changing of the GAA rules a few years ago had nothing to do with Ladies Football, totally different organisations. Fergus Rovers and The Banner should be commended for the development work they have put in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ballyea v Mills
    Cratloe v Kilmaley

Second game could be a cracker. Some very nifty players on both sides

A Mills Kilmaley final would be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Completely new website rolled out - http://clare.gaa.ie/

Hallelujah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Henno30 wrote: »
    Completely new website rolled out - http://clare.gaa.ie/

Hallelujah!

Thank Jaysus.. what an embarrassment the old one was

Would it kill them to get an SSL cert for the site tho

i wish ye the best of luck and hope ye do win the munster club championship

I thought the Banner can't represent in the Munster club as they are an amalgamation?

Shane_ef wrote: »
    I thought the Banner can't represent in the Munster club as they are an amalgamation?

Never heard of the Banner being an amalgamation, now that I think of it I can't think of any amalgamations in Clare, InaMona is 1 parish so it wouldn't be an amalgamation I guess.

• Advertisement

At senior level that is, loads at underage like Corofin/Ruan, Feakle/Killanena

Never heard of the Banner being an amalgamation, now that I think of it I can't think of any amalgamations in Clare, InaMona is 1 parish so it wouldn't be an amalgamation I guess.

Just one of those things I've heard before can't couldn't place if it was correct or not..

Turns out they can.. TIL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭BnB

Re The Banner, it looks like it was tongue in cheek RE the amount of players from outside Ennis that play with their ladies football. (I haven't a clue how true that is but that is probably what the poster was getting at)

Re InaMona, that is one club also. The decision was taken to join the old two clubs and make one club from the ground up. It would only be considered an amalgamation if Kilnamona or Inagh were still fielding teams on their own also.

There are no amalgamations at the minute at adult level in Clare hurling (not sure about football). Plenty at underage though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Would it kill them to get an SSL cert for the site tho

Zero chance anyone on the board knows what that is.

The 3 pictures on the main page sums it up for me, the Latest Fixtures has a fella who is out of the country, the Games Development has 2 old people wearing ~10 year old jersies and the Child Wellbeing has the Senior Team on it, FFS could they not have picked better pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

The 3 pictures on the main page sums it up for me, the Latest Fixtures has a fella who is out of the country, the Games Development has 2 old people wearing ~10 year old jersies and the Child Wellbeing has the Senior Team on it, FFS could they not have picked better pictures

new webpage,,, Box ticked.

• Advertisement

Figerty wrote: »
    new webpage,,, Box ticked.

Yup, don't worry about content, like the Gallery just has under 21 team FROM 5 YEARS AGO and senior quarter final pictures from years ago (Davy is still Manager in them).

I can imagine the meeting,
    County Board: Right lads we need a new website
    Webdesigner: OK, have you content/media/ideas
    County Board: Ah j@ysus just get someone to do it on the cheap and just use old sh1t sure no-one cares anyway
    Flunky: We'll say it cost thousands and just use this crowd http://clubandcounty.com/pricing/

just going to copy and paste everything this weekend , got too many scores wrong last weekend :rolleyes:

busy week end in football , senior 1/4 finals . senior b semi finals , intermediate semi finals and the junior A final tomorrow

if i was to stick my neck on the line i will go for wins for , Eire Og , Clondegad, Cratloe and kIB ,
    wins for lissycasey and kilmihil against doonbeg and st breckans in the senior B semi finals ,
    wins for kilrush and shannon gaels in the intermediate championship ,
    while Michael Cusacks might have enough to see off eire ogs 2nd side in the junior

probably turn a tenner into a grand odds for all them to work out though:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1045984259461316608

hurling fixtures this weekend , i expect the bridge to progress in the intermediate championship at the second time of asking ,

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1045984487186866177

just going to copy and paste everything this weekend , got too many scores wrong last weekend :rolleyes:

busy week end in football , senior 1/4 finals . senior b semi finals , intermediate semi finals and the junior A final tomorrow

if i was to stick my neck on the line i will go for wins for , Eire Og , Clondegad, Cratloe and kIB ,
    wins for lissycasey and kilmihil against doonbeg and st breckans in the senior B semi finals ,
    wins for kilrush and shannon gaels in the intermediate championship ,
    while Michael Cusacks might have enough to see off eire ogs 2nd side in the junior

probably turn a tenner into a grand odds for all them to work out though:rolleyes:

https://twitter.com/GaaClare/status/1045984259461316608

Great win for Ennistymon against Eire Og

looks like i put the hex on 3 of the teams i predicted to win over the weekend ,

Ennistymon had a brilliant win over the townies in the first of the 1/4 finals , 2 goals either side of half time by sean mcgonigley and ciann shannon were enough to see off Eire og in what was a really good game

Miltown took care of a lacklustre Clondegad side wining with 10 points to spare , Clondegad kicked over 10 wides over the hour only managing 8 scores , eoin cleary was excellent for the west clare side nearly matching his opponents score with 0-7 points

Scarriff progress to the intermediate semi final in hurling after beating the bridges second string in there replay this evening , while inaghk win the junior b hurling championship with a 2 point win over the banner

https://twitter.com/ClareFM/status/1046090999515303939

https://twitter.com/ClareFM/status/1046087584907218949

https://twitter.com/ClareFM/status/1046046377602617344

https://twitter.com/ClareFM/status/1046055330491322370

https://twitter.com/ClareFM/status/1046082024417775616

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement