Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

cratloe v thurles sarsfields next sunday in the park , sarsfields put up a very impressive scoreline today beating reining champions loughmore/castleiney on a scoreline of 2-22 to 3-11

the following week they will play the nire of waterford (@ a waterford venue) who beat ballylanders in kilmallock today comfortably enough (1-11 to 0-07)
    neither game will be easy and you would have to wonder just how far they can keep going , it would be a serious achievement to win one of them two games at this stage

http://www.clarechampion.ie/angry-exchanges-at-gaa-meeting/ a link to a normal nights work over in clareabby , it starts off well for the whitegate official who raised some very valid points only to be made look slightly foolish

it has to be noted though the click between malty mcdonnagh and pat fitz resembles something from a mafia film , they dont take to criticism very well, i wonder dose pat have any notion of following in his sons footsteps and joining up with rte to make his own reality/factual tv series ..........something like "how not to run your county board"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Good win for Cratloe 1-18 to 0-14, although sounds like Sarsfields got a man sent off before the game even started?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

at the throw-in apparently, Denis Maher sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Another great result for cratloe. Hopefully they keep it going in both codes. Absolute amazing effort so far.

Shout out to my own club eire og on retaining there u21 title. Things are looking very bright for the club right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Folks can anyone tell me if Clare are due to change their jersey this year ?
    And if they do would there be a chance of the new one being released bfore Christmas ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

J@ysus the GAA don't make it easy to find your fixtures, not a bad mix for both codes at first glance
    http://www.gaa.ie/content/documents/publications/fixtures_and_results/Allianz2015.pdf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ah ffs, it's bad enough having the ground names and towns in English with the counties in Irish, but at least they could do a bit of a proof read, Garlic f**king Grounds, really GAA, if that was the BBC or another site there'd be uproar.

aIoId10.png

Not a bad draw for the footballers, away to 2 Munster counties who they should be used to playing, interesting that the footballers are away to Tipp the evening before the hurlers are home to Tipp, no hassle with a double header there :)

Football
    Cusack Park, Ennis 14:00 An Clár v Loch Garman
    Garlic Grounds, Drogheda 14:00 An Lú v An Clár
    Cusack Park, Ennis 14:00 An Clár v Sligeach
    Semple Stadium, Thurles 15:00 Tiobraid Árann v An Clár
    Cusack Park, Ennis 14:00 An Clár v Ard Mhacha
    Newcastlewest 15:00 Luimneach v An Clár
    Cusack Park, Ennis 15:00 An Clár v Fear Manach

Hurling
    Pearse Stadium, Salthill 14:00 Gaillimh v An Clár
    Páirc Uí Rinn 19:00 Corcaigh v An Clár
    Cusack Park, Ennis 14:00 An Clár v Tiobraid Árann
    Cusack Park Ennis 15:00 An Clár v Áth Cliath
    Nowlan Park 14:00 Cill Chainnigh v An Clár

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Clareman wrote: »
    Ah ffs, it's bad enough having the ground names and towns in English with the counties in Irish,

I couldn't agree more. I once heard John A. Murphy on this very point, suggesting that a few words of Irish on the front of the GAA programme conveys the impression that the whole programme is in Irish. I have no problem with a totally genuinely bilingual programme or separate programmes in English or Irish, but they are making a laughing stock of themselves and the Irish language with this nonsense. Somebody should tell them that even Tommy Cooper had better tricks than that, and that people aren't so easily fooled anymore.
    but at least they could do a bit of a proof read, Garlic f**king Grounds, really GAA, if that was the BBC or another site there'd be uproar.

Garlic Grounds indeed. Well, you know there could be vampires around at this time of year. :D
    Maybe Louth are taking no chances of having Clare suck the blood out of them!

P.S. Anybody know what TG4 are showing next Sunday? Irish Times used to carry all the coming week's sport on tv on a Monday, but recently haven't been including TG4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Tg 4 next Sunday: Austin Stacks v Ballincollig and the deferred game is Clontibret v Slaughtneil.

• Advertisement

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    And if they do would there be a chance of the new one being released bfore Christmas ?

according to the o'neills website there dose'nt appear to be any change in the jersey for 2015 http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/munster/clare-gaa.html so i would assume with it been so close to christmas there wont be any change now
    feargale wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more. I once heard John A. Murphy on this very point, suggesting that a few words of Irish on the front of the GAA programme conveys the impression that the whole programme is in Irish. I have no problem with a totally genuinely bilingual programme or separate programmes in English or Irish, but they are making a laughing stock of themselves and the Irish language with this nonsense. Somebody should tell them that even Tommy Cooper had better tricks than that, and that people aren't so easily fooled anymore.

Garlic Grounds indeed. Well, you know there could be vampires around at this time of year. :D
    Maybe Louth are taking no chances of having Clare suck the blood out of them!

P.S. Anybody know what TG4 are showing next Sunday? Irish Times used to carry all the coming week's sport on tv on a Monday, but recently haven't been including TG4.

there will be highlights of the cratloe game vs the nire on monday night on tg4 , but no full coverage on the sunday

sounded like a fantastic game hard luck to cratloe put in some effort over the year to win the double in the county it was too much of an ask against the nire this evening ,

the big thing i picked up on was the number of inter county hurlers on the nire team so unlike previous games that little bit of extra fitness was matched today , cathal macinarney scored 1-6 out of cratloes 2-08 which shows just how good a footballer he is , the nire will take some beating in the final hopfully they will go on and win it now

the worrying aspect maybe going into the hurling final next week is how quiet the likes of connor mcgrath was today along with one or two others , hopefully there is one more big game left in them next week fitness levels are starting to drop i fear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Hard luck to cratloe. Just ran out of steam in the end. Hopefully they can pick themselves up quickly and win the hurling.

Is the Munster hurling final tomorrow ? If so, where is it on ?

Thanks

And best of luck to Cratloe.

Would be interesting if the lads concentrating in football end up playing hurling right up to next spring!

hard luck cratloe too much of an ask to play 13 weeks straight in a row and after extra time last week to have to play another 20 again today it was too much of an ask, i still think they would have one one of the two codes had they only had one code to contend with

the sparrow keeps up the great reccord of clare managers in this competition sadly once agin its not for a clare club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

hard luck cratloe too much of an ask to play 13 weeks straight in a row and after extra time last week to have to play another 20 again today it was too much of an ask, i still think they would have one one of the two codes had they only had one code to contend with

the sparrow keeps up the great reccord of clare managers in this competition sadly once agin its not for a clare club

I heard that he very well could be taking Clarecastle job next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Hard luck to Cratloe today, always felt this was a game too far, and the best chance was the footballers.

But for a small village, a remarkable achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Not a bad draw for the footballers, away to 2 Munster counties who they should be used to playing, interesting that the footballers are away to Tipp the evening before the hurlers are home to Tipp, no hassle with a double header there :)

Football
    Cusack Park, Ennis 14:00 An Clár v Loch Garman
    Garlic Grounds, Drogheda 14:00 An Lú v An Clár
    Cusack Park, Ennis 14:00 An Clár v Sligeach
    Semple Stadium, Thurles 15:00 Tiobraid Árann v An Clár
    Cusack Park, Ennis 14:00 An Clár v Ard Mhacha
    Newcastlewest 15:00 Luimneach v An Clár
    Cusack Park, Ennis 15:00 An Clár v Fear Manach

Hurling
    Pearse Stadium, Salthill 14:00 Gaillimh v An Clár
    Páirc Uí Rinn 19:00 Corcaigh v An Clár
    Cusack Park, Ennis 14:00 An Clár v Tiobraid Árann
    Cusack Park Ennis 15:00 An Clár v Áth Cliath
    Nowlan Park 14:00 Cill Chainnigh v An Clár

Any dates for these games boss? :cool:

Any dates for these games boss? :cool:

They're all in the PDF on the GAA website, I was just too lazy to do more copying and pasting.

• Advertisement

Here you go

Football
    Sunday February 1st: Clare v Wexford
    Sunday February 8th: Louth v Clare;
    Sunday March 1st: Clare v Sligo;
    Saturday March 7th: Tipperary v Clare.
    Sunday March 15th: Clare v Armagh;
    Saturday March 28th: Limerick v Clare.
    Sunday April 5th: Clare v Fermanagh

Hurling
    Sunday 15 February: Galway v Clare.
    Saturday 21 February: Cork v Clare.
    Sunday 8 March: Clare v Tipperary;
    Sunday 15 March: Clare v Dublin;
    Sunday 22 March: Kilkenny v Clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Evil_Clown wrote: »

Same question - thanks!
    according to the o'neills website there dose'nt appear to be any change in the jersey for 2015 http://www.oneills.com/shop-by-team/gaa/munster/clare-gaa.html so i would assume with it been so close to christmas there wont be any change now

Doesn't the O'Neills website just show current stock? There's no way of telling from that website if there are new jerseys due in 2015?

Any way of verifying if Clare have a new jersey for 2015?

Colin Lynch has been appointed Newmarket manager for the upcoming year. http://www.newmarketonfergusgaa.com/newsFeed.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭letowski

Colin Lynch has been appointed Newmarket manager for the upcoming year. http://www.newmarketonfergusgaa.com/newsFeed.php

Has Colin had any previous management experience?

letowski wrote: »
    Has Colin had any previous management experience?

He coached Lissycasey the year they won the county championship (player coach I think), he was with Ennistymon for a couple of years in the football I think and he was involved with St. Thomas' in Galway last year, he was still hurling up until a couple of years ago, I don't think he's that much older than 40.

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Same question - thanks!

Doesn't the O'Neills website just show current stock? There's no way of telling from that website if there are new jerseys due in 2015?

Any way of verifying if Clare have a new jersey for 2015?

o'neills are the current manufacture of the clare gear so i am sure they would have had some sort of press release or add or there site if there was a new kit on the way , it would be very bad marketing on there part if they failed to inform people if there was a change this tie of year

but from what i can see there is no plan for a new kit for 2015 as of yet

• Advertisement

cratloe 2-10 2-08 clonlara in the clare cup final

cratloe add the division 1 league title to there hoard of trophies this year along with the division 3 title won comfortably last week against kilmihil in the football

there football haul this year

senior football championship
    junior b football championship
    division 3 league winners
    minor c football championship

hurling honors
    senior championship winners
    senior league winners
    munster club championship runners up

often a club that's accused of not celebrating there success , i am sure they will make up for it in the coming weeks down in setrights and the woodcross well done cratloe on a great year

The Clare hurlers played Waterford in a challenge match last night in Dungarvan. They won 2-20 to 0-17.

You can get a report here:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/experimental-banner-find-top-gear-to-power-past-mcgraths-waterford-303162.html

I'd also be lumping it on us for September glory!**

** I'm being sarcastic :)

Here you go

Football
    Sunday February 1st: Clare v Wexford
    Sunday February 8th: Louth v Clare;
    Sunday March 1st: Clare v Sligo;
    Saturday March 7th: Tipperary v Clare.
    Sunday March 15th: Clare v Armagh;
    Saturday March 28th: Limerick v Clare.
    Sunday April 5th: Clare v Fermanagh

According to the bookies, we are third favourites to win Division 3.

Am I missing something here or have we really improved that much?!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭square ball

Teams coming from Division 4 tend to do well following year in Division 3 with bit of momentum from winning so many games the previous year. You'd have to fancy Armagh to win it though with the quality in their squad. Hard to know about the rest of the teams. I think our profile has increased with 3 hurlers committing solely to the footballers and a few more lads joining but I'd be extremely happy to stay in Division 3 this year.

I'd be extremely happy to stay in Division 3 this year.

I'd be the same

• Advertisement

clare 0-16 tipperary 0-15

injury time winner from colin ryan to set up a meating with cork next weekend ( venue unconfermed but i think its a clare venue again so i assume sixmilebridge again) the winners will face either limerick or u cc the following week, first game of the league is not for another 4 weeks so it would be important to keep the slightly more competitive games coming for another few weeks , decent attendance today also just under 1500 at the bridge roll on 2015!!!!

Clare - P Kelly; D O’Donovan, C Duggan, S Morey; G O’Connell, Conor Ryan (0-1), C Cleary; B Bugler (0-1), C Galvin (0-1); P Donnellan (0-2), B Duggan (0-1), S Golden; D O’Halloran (0-2), A Cunningham (0-1), C O’Connell (0-4f). Subs: J Conlon for S Golden, Colin Ryan (0-2, 1f) for C Galvin, P Flanagan (0-1) for C Cleary, J Shanahan for B Duggan.

Tipperary - D Egan; J O’Dwyer, P Curran, Stephen Maher; R Maher, C O’Mahony, C O’Brien; T Stapleton (0-1), G Ryan (0-1); D Maher (0-2), J Woodlock, C Kenny; D Butler (0-1), Sean Maher (0-2), B Maher (0-7, 5f). Subs: M Butler for J O’Dwyer, K Bergin for G Ryan, Patrick Maher for D Butler, S McGrath (0-1) for D Maher

The Clare hurlers played Waterford in a challenge match last night in Dungarvan. They won 2-20 to 0-17.

You can get a report here:
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/experimental-banner-find-top-gear-to-power-past-mcgraths-waterford-303162.html

I'd also be lumping it on us for September glory!**

** I'm being sarcastic :)

yes many a bonfire blazed across the county over Christmas after that fine win!!!!

here's to the best of my knowlage whats been happening over the pre season so far in both codes

hurling challange games

clare beat antrim in 2 25min challanges 4/1/15 laois venue ( unsure of final scores)

clare 5-27 kilmallock 0-13 10/1/15 @ killmallock

clare 1-20 wexford 4-16 yesterday in tipperary

football

hastings cup ( u21 competition )

laois 1-11 clare 1-07 10/1/15 @ miltown

Clare 4-9 Offaly 1-12 17/1/15 @ meelick

senior football

clare 2-15 2-10 corofin (galway) 11/1/15

the footballers were in training camp the week before , decided against entering the mcgrath cup in preparing for the league against wexford , they were due to play munster club champions austin stacks this weekend un sure if that game took place

yesterdays haistings cup game between clare and offaly was moved from miltown to meelick as the pitch was unplayable in miltown , hopfuly that wont be the case come February 1 for the visit of wexford (NFL), cusack park is unavailable until early march due to drainage works

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭sasol

Afaik the Waterford crystal game v Cork will at a Cork venue.

The last time Clare and Cork met was the night of the oil spill near Sixmilebridge in 2013, so it's Clare's turn to go to Cork

injury time winner from colin ryan to set up a meating with cork next weekend ( venue unconfermed but i think its a clare venue again so i assume sixmilebridge again) the winners will face either limerick or u cc the following week, first game of the league is not for another 4 weeks so it would be important to keep the slightly more competitive games coming for another few weeks , decent attendance today also just under 1500 at the bridge roll on 2015!!!!

Clare - P Kelly; D O’Donovan, C Duggan, S Morey; G O’Connell, Conor Ryan (0-1), C Cleary; B Bugler (0-1), C Galvin (0-1); P Donnellan (0-2), B Duggan (0-1), S Golden; D O’Halloran (0-2), A Cunningham (0-1), C O’Connell (0-4f). Subs: J Conlon for S Golden, Colin Ryan (0-2, 1f) for C Galvin, P Flanagan (0-1) for C Cleary, J Shanahan for B Duggan.

Tipperary - D Egan; J O’Dwyer, P Curran, Stephen Maher; R Maher, C O’Mahony, C O’Brien; T Stapleton (0-1), G Ryan (0-1); D Maher (0-2), J Woodlock, C Kenny; D Butler (0-1), Sean Maher (0-2), B Maher (0-7, 5f). Subs: M Butler for J O’Dwyer, K Bergin for G Ryan, Patrick Maher for D Butler, S McGrath (0-1) for D Maher

Yeah Id agree we will need these games, theres a huge amount of work ahead of us from now til May.

The formation is interesting with Buglar and Donnellan at 9 and 10, put playing a little deep. It might be a future system but Id say its more just to get the two lads hurling up to speed early outfield, as they were way off the pace last year.

Hopefully Davy will give a good few lads a try, we have a good panel. Think its time Morey was thrown a permanent start too, the lad is out of 21 now and should be ready to be a serious asset now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Rumours has it not confirmed may be mallow venue and Saturday

Could change

Rumours has it not confirmed may be mallow venue and Saturday

Could change

Sound for that i taught as much it was going to be a cork venue but heard from a few people this evening that they taught clare had home advantage ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭999/112

Good spread of scores from the Bannermen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Sound for that i taught as much it was going to be a cork venue but heard from a few people this evening that they taught clare had home advantage ,

Logic should do mallow lesson journey clare

Make no sense bring them cit or pairs rinn

Who knows dint be shocked if cit as ccb don't do logic

Yeah Id agree we will need these games, theres a huge amount of work ahead of us from now til May.

The formation is interesting with Buglar and Donnellan at 9 and 10, put playing a little deep. It might be a future system but Id say its more just to get the two lads hurling up to speed early outfield, as they were way off the pace last year.

Hopefully Davy will give a good few lads a try, we have a good panel. Think its time Morey was thrown a permanent start too, the lad is out of 21 now and should be ready to be a serious asset now.

always agreed with morey but he did get a bit of a roasting in the second half of the u21 final against wexford he was caught several times out of possition for two second half goals and gave away a couple of sloppy passes which led to wexford scores , infairness to him it was probably the worst game he played in any grade but he was always rock solid before that , but the expose he got against wexford worried me

i agree we have a great panell but since the dublin game in parnell park we have been killed in the puckouts stakes , if there is one tactic we need to brush up on if we want to get anywhere ,for all the goalkeepers we have we need someone that can spread it around the place , look at what tipp did to cork in the all ireland semi final for example ........and look what we did against cork in the munster semi final!!!

Their fair points. Morey I think should benefit from an exented run in the corner but thats tricky with dod, browne, flanagan and dillon. Thing is i dont remember an as dominant corner back in the Munster u21 c'ship for a while. It hard to leave him out with his ability.

Wrt puckouts, Tipp's issue is mitigated by Glesson being so good at them. Clare dont really have an obvious solution. I think like you said, spread them around, and bring more options open, not always Conlon. Try Bobby Duggan, Cunningham, Colin Ryan, maybe bring Honan out for some. None of them ar ball winners but they can compete and at least give variation. Peter Duggan and Malone on the bench give optons too.

• Advertisement

Considering Clare played a game the day before, it's impressive to get a win. The Tipp team looked slightly stronger too, so a good result, you'd have to say.

Tots on frees over Bobby Duggan? Obviously I haven't seen it, but I'd wonder about Bugler at midfield, don't think it would suit his game unless he's playing as a second centre-back like Donnellan did for a while in 2013.

Clare do have a lot of talent, and if they can get the mix between ball-winners and the smaller players, they'll be a force to be reckoned with (obviously).

Their fair points. Morey I think should benefit from an exented run in the corner but thats tricky with dod, browne, flanagan and dillon. Thing is i dont remember an as dominant corner back in the Munster u21 c'ship for a while. It hard to leave him out with his ability.

Wrt puckouts, Tipp's issue is mitigated by Glesson being so good at them. Clare dont really have an obvious solution. I think like you said, spread them around, and bring more options open, not always Conlon. Try Bobby Duggan, Cunningham, Colin Ryan, maybe bring Honan out for some. None of them ar ball winners but they can compete and at least give variation. Peter Duggan and Malone on the bench give optons too.

i always taught aaron cunningham would be a good option on the opposite wing from conlon , both duggans do lack a bit of pace but both could do a job further forward beside mcgrath , cunningham is a great ball winner , he along with podge were our best players in the defeat to cork in limerick 2 years ago and if injury had'nt cut his season short that year he could have made a massive impact just like podge that year .

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Considering Clare played a game the day before, it's impressive to get a win. The Tipp team looked slightly stronger too, so a good result, you'd have to say.

Tots on frees over Bobby Duggan? Obviously I haven't seen it, but I'd wonder about Bugler at midfield, don't think it would suit his game unless he's playing as a second centre-back like Donnellan did for a while in 2013.

Clare do have a lot of talent, and if they can get the mix between ball-winners and the smaller players, they'll be a force to be reckoned with (obviously).

Yep its not bad. Clare are doing alot of heavy training now, we usually do kinda well early in the year with a fitness advantage.

I think Davy is going to be putting alot of strategy work on our defensive structure, espeically after the farce that was the first half against Wex in Cusack Park. Tackling/Disipline needs alot of work too. I dont like Bugs at midfield, I think we need Conor Ryan to play deeper, and take on more responsibily of holding our shape.

Bobby missed a few early on, uncharacteristically.

Yep its not bad. Clare are doing alot of heavy training now, we usually do kinda well early in the year with a fitness advantage.

I think Davy is going to be putting alot of strategy work on our defensive structure, espeically after the farce that was the first half against Wex in Cusack Park. Tackling/Disipline needs alot of work too. I dont like Bugs at midfield, I think we need Conor Ryan to play deeper, and take on more responsibily of holding our shape.

Bobby missed a few early on, uncharacteristically.

I suppose extra fitness will help, but playing a day before would generally negate that. It can also leave players drained early in the season, and only really pays off later in the season... I dunno, I don't know too much about the science of it.

Who's going to be at full-back this year... the full-back line in general last year was opened up too much. Poor Jack Browne got badly exposed and he is a talented player.

That is unusual from Duggan, I'd have him as one of the best free-takers at intercounty level in the country.

I suppose extra fitness will help, but playing a day before would generally negate that. It can also leave players drained early in the season, and only really pays off later in the season... I dunno, I don't know too much about the science of it.

Who's going to be at full-back this year... the full-back line in general last year was opened up too much. Poor Jack Browne got badly exposed and he is a talented player.

That is unusual from Duggan, I'd have him as one of the best free-takers at intercounty level in the country.

Only Buglar started both games, I counted.

I prefer just to have McInerney to be left at full back and let him develop as a long term solution. He has the ability I think, he is quick, strong, skillful and has a good head. Yeah he has made a few mistakes, like McDonalds goal he got off him, but he is only 22 or 23. Its very hard to defend in their when your half back line is playing out at the 60.

i think its a bit like last year when clare played limerick , both teams were in heavy training and on heave pitches , bobby missed a few today but there was more pressure on totts , giving he was kicked off the panel last year for breach of rules, and he did well ,

i dont know what team lined out against wexford yesterday maybe not many , in a few of the challenge matches this year we played , we mainly used a senior team for the first half and a more second string and underage team on the second half , we used 2 different teams against killmallock last weekend and two different teams against antrim so i assume the lads that lined out today didnt play much more then 30/35 mins yesterday

Has Tony Kelly definitely committed for the year?

Has Tony Kelly definitely committed for the year?

as far as i know yes, there were rumors bouncing around the place last year that he was taking a year out but i think there was very little truth in it

he along with a number of panelists are tied up with collage commitments at the moment and probably wont play with clare until the league next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭TheNap

I see Niall Arthur has also left the Clare panel

A loss ?

• Advertisement

TheNap wrote: »
    I see Niall Arthur has also left the Clare panel

A loss ?

he would be yes , but he would have had to work hard to nail down a regular starting position in the near future giving the amount of players coming up the ranks at the same time, he was on the extended panel for a while so he was'nt that far away

just how much a loss will probably be better known after he makes a few inter county appearances with Dublin , it would seem obvious thats the aim of himself and his brother who both quit inagh/kilnamona for a dublin club as both are tied up with collage/work commitments there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement