Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

citykat wrote: »
    Watching the game again today, O'Donnell was the best Clare player on the pitch. Not many forwards can make Paul Murphy (x2) & Richie McCarthy look like mugs. He'd be my first name on the Clare team sheet.
    I think he should have run at McCarthy more yesterday. The few times he did he had him at 6s & 7s. I was surprised that McCarthy was left on him for the entire game.

No team can cope with any of the Clare forwards running at them, the problem is because they are being out numbered the whole time they have to work too hard to get the ball it can be difficult for us to get clear score-able possibilities.

By trying so hard to nullify our opponents we are in fact nullifying ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭letowski

In these 2 days that have past since the game, every national newspaper I have seen has a full article on Davy. It's just crazy at the moment now.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

Mcgrath and O'Donnell would start before Honan any day in my book, and also before cunningham despite the two goals the last day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Watching the game again today, O'Donnell was the best Clare player on the pitch. Not many forwards can make Paul Murphy (x2) & Richie McCarthy look like mugs. He'd be my first name on the Clare team sheet.
    I think he should have run at McCarthy more yesterday. The few times he did he had him at 6s & 7s. I was surprised that McCarthy was left on him for the entire game.

No defender likes a forward running directly at them. The defenders are usually left with a hard choice, go to the man running with the ball which leaves a hole in behind or hold your ground which isn't exactly ideal either.
    We spend too much time trying to perfect tactics of runs and balls to wing positions. Now of course off the ball runs are crucial, otherwise there's no space. At times however we try to play around the opposition rather than through them. I guess this is because we're not the biggest and most physical side.

Imo the above could also be part of our fouling issues. If training games see a similar tactic of forwards going around defenders rather than through them, our backs are lost and panicked when opposing teams play and run direct at us.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

It's really an embarrassment of riches that ye have at the moment in fairness. It's frightening in fact. If you could pull it together and have a more normal game plan, the sky would truly be the limit.
    I don't know about that, a lot of the backs depend on getting to the ball first, if they don't they are in trouble because they seem to have difficulty knowing how to deal with the man in possession, I think they are good hurlers but not natural defenders.
    As an aside I can't understand why David McInerney isn't played centrally, either centre back or full back

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I hear what you're saying but in some ways its a tribute to McCarthy that he limited SOD to one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

I hear what you're saying but in some ways its a tribute to McCarthy that he limited SOD to one point.
    I'd say Richie would be happy to be made a 'mug' of everyday if he only concedes 1 point to his direct opponent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Mehapoy wrote: »
    I'd say Richie would be happy to be made a 'mug' of everyday if he only concedes 1 point to his direct opponent!

That's the bottom line as good as donnell was Mccarthy still held him to a point and imo defo main contender for an all star as only man may push him for it is holden
    Mccarthy always looks like he be roasted but never is and that's a great great sign
    Eddie brennan said he never rated him he though he was slightly over weight and got a soft all star before but he's totally convinced him now and he rates him hugely
    Brennan is a top top pundit who knows all about full backs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I think SOD had him in big trouble early on, but he came to grips with him and the quality of Clare's ball into him also got worse.

He got a point and won a few frees. He did also win the original ball for the goal but you would have thought after Hickey's block that the chance had been averted until Cunningham really exploded.

Looking back at the game, Jack Browne actually had a very good game for Clare. We possibly didn't have a player to expose him, but he dealt with most things admirably. Gudgie showed flashes of what he can do, made a few mistakes, but that could be down to experience- he was making his debut against very tough opponents. I would hate to make my Championship debut in midfield if Jim-Bob was the opposition, he was everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

letowski wrote: »
    In these 2 days that have past since the game, every national newspaper I have seen has a full article on Davy. It's just crazy at the moment now.

The Footballers beat Limerick and yet the talk is about Davy Fitz. What a performance from Gary Brennan. Had a unbelievable first half kicking 4 points. He should be the getting the plaudits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

A lot of Clare's scores came via O'Donnell
    To say he was held to one point is perhaps oversimplifying it a bit

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Gael85 wrote: »
    The Footballers beat Limerick and yet the talk is about Davy Fitz. What a performance from Gary Brennan. Had a unbelievable first half kicking 4 points. He should be the getting the plaudits.

There was a small crowd in the Park and if you ignored some of the wides it was a brilliant performance, I don't think we'll beat Cork but I don't think they'll run away with it, a lot of luck and no wides and we could have a great chance, I wouldn't fear anyone in the qualifiers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Clareman wrote: »
    There was a small crowd in the Park and if you ignored some of the wides it was a brilliant performance, I don't think we'll beat Cork but I don't think they'll run away with it, a lot of luck and no wides and we could have a great chance, I wouldn't fear anyone in the qualifiers though.
    It's the tale of two completely contrasting set up imo in with the greatest respect to clare they would be the ist to admit as a panel they are inferior to cork however they have a proven proven management that are head and shoulders above the cork set up where the only good thing cork football has is fitness in the outstanding Flanagan as coach

Ephie knows this is not nemo he has so he'll cut he's cloth to measure
    He'll try and win midfield and break even with a blanket defence in which should be organised and coherent and solid and if so cork will struggle to break down and if I was ephie I'd watch Tyrone v donegal and cavan v monaghan and see that donegal and cavan absolutely destroyed their opponents who ran in to contact by intensity in the tackle and also like the choke tackle in rugby and swarming in numbers on the runner with the ball

Watching cork it's predictable as night follows day and with o rourke a huge loss out cotk will have at least one if not two half forwards who run run and run in to contact so ephie knows from the cork scene inside out their strengths and weaknesses and he'll target that while also realise cork defence the worst in the league, awful last year awful at minor under the same management can't defend so have no doubt he'll focus clare on them
    The clare team fully belive in ephie I'd wonder do cork fully belive in theirs

If it was in ennis I'd geuinely give clare a huge chance but I think clare lack of real fire power and efficient economy of conversation rate of possession to scores will go against them and cork individual performance of colm o Neill hurley donnacha o Connor mark Collins will see them though but it won't be by any means easy as this cork team are imo devoid of self belive and confidence and clare if they get a good start will ask serious questions of this cork side imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭blackcard

A lot of Clare's scores came via O'Donnell
    To say he was held to one point is perhaps oversimplifying it a bit

Agreed, but Clare's game plan was about getting the ball to SOD so you would need a lot of scores coming through him. I think he could have been more direct with his running. I think he is potentially the best hurley around, he has brilliant control and is so assured on the ball

I think Clare's game plan was to get the ball to O'Donnell who in turn would gain possession and try to get inside his man for a goal chance which would draw defenders to him, then in turn he would play the ball back to the Clare players who were up to support. The fact that he didn't get inside his marker and that the Limerick backs were doing a great job of following their men meant that it wasn't as successful as against Kilkenny when Kelly was able to link up so well. It didn't help that when the Clare support was arriving that all it did was congest the inside space.

In the second half when we went man on man it meant that each player could contest for the ball and make runs drawing their defenders away giving more space, Cunningham exploited this extremely well for his goals, when it went 14 on 14 we brought a sweeper back and reverted to the (imo failed) original tactic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

there was roughly 5000 maybe less at the football match saterday night , majority bar maybe 2 or 300 or so were all home supporters , i honestly think there were less clare supporters in thurles sunday , which in my opinion asks serious questions not just about management but in general ,

what is keeping people away? i will be very interested to see what kind of numbers will be attending this weekends club championship games , some of last years fixtures were very low as well , but out of the 21000 in thurles last week was there even 5000 clare supporters there?

there was roughly 5000 maybe less at the football match saterday night , majority bar maybe 2 or 300 or so were all home supporters , i honestly think there were less clare supporters in thurles sunday , which in my opinion asks serious questions not just about management but in general ,

what is keeping people away? i will be very interested to see what kind of numbers will be attending this weekends club championship games , some of last years fixtures were very low as well , but out of the 21000 in thurles last week was there even 5000 clare supporters there?

There was over 21k in Thurles on Sunday, I thought it was 50/50, I might be wrong, but I don't think it was 3-1 in Limerick's advantage.

Anyone I've talked to is sick of the whole thing and the frustration it brings, a lot of arm chair supporters have nothing to encourage them to go to matches. Personally, I can't understand why there wasn't a load of buses lined up or a train or something, 4 o'clock on a Sunday is an awkward time for a match, especially with Communions and Confirmations in full flow, but Clare GAA don't seem interested in getting people to matches.

By the way, I think 21k people at a first round of a hurling match is a brilliant turn out, the semi final of the rugby on Saturday only had 16k at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

Anyone I've talked to is sick of the whole thing and the frustration it brings, a lot of arm chair supporters have nothing to encourage them to go to matches. Personally, I can't understand why there wasn't a load of buses lined up or a train or something, 4 o'clock on a Sunday is an awkward time for a match, especially with Communions and Confirmations in full flow, but Clare GAA don't seem interested in getting people to matches.

They should bite the bullet and play these games in Limerick. If there is a replay or early round backdoor game with smaller crowd expected it can be played in Ennis.

Neutralise the venue a bit, toss for dressing room, both teams get equal training access in weeks before the game etc.

Its not like Clare have a great record in Thurles anyway.

elastico wrote: »
    They should bite the bullet and play these games in Limerick. If there is a replay or early round backdoor game with smaller crowd expected it can be played in Ennis.

Neutralise the venue a bit, toss for dressing room, both teams get equal training access in weeks before the game etc.

Its not like Clare have a great record in Thurles anyway.

Lots of stories going around saying that Clare offered to play in Limerick but Limerick declined, it'd probably be closer for a lot of Clare lads to get to the Gaelic Grounds than it would be for the Limerick players. I reckon, knowing some of the politics at play, the Munster council don't want Limerick with home and away agreements with 3 of the 4 other hurling counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Mehapoy wrote: »

He might draw some solace from that stat (I'd doubt if he would) but if O'Donnell had been more selfish/greedy it could have been more. I rate McCarthy as one of the best FBs around but he seemed happy to allow O'Donnell be first to the ball every time. O'Donnell's touch and awareness are top drawer. McCarthy has the ability to play from the front and shouldn't yield to SOD especially if LK are playing a sweeper.

• Advertisement

He might draw some solace from that stat (I'd doubt if he would) but if O'Donnell had been more selfish/greedy it could have been more. I rate McCarthy as one of the best FBs around but he seemed happy to allow O'Donnell be first to the ball every time. O'Donnell's touch and awareness are top drawer. McCarthy has the ability to play from the front and shouldn't yield to SOD especially if LK are playing a sweeper.

I thought McCarthy did extremely well, I don't think any full back could risk playing O'Donnell from in front, especially with all space in front with Clare withdrawing their other forwards, 1 bad bounce and O'Donnell was in for a goal, as a unit I thought Limerick defenders did extremely well, especially in the second half when they didn't give away careless frees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

blackcard wrote: »
    Agreed, but Clare's game plan was about getting the ball to SOD so you would need a lot of scores coming through him. I think he could have been more direct with his running. I think he is potentially the best hurley around, he has brilliant control and is so assured on the ball

Being double marked didn't help either.. You would love to see O'Donnell playing of John Conlon at full forward. But we can't afford not to have Conlon under the puckouts.

Figerty wrote: »
    Being double marked didn't help either.. You would love to see O'Donnell playing of John Conlon at full forward. But we can't afford not to have Conlon under the puckouts.

I'd love to see Honan as the target man inside with the other forwards playing off him, I think Conlon and Ryan are critical to us in order to get our own puck outs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Lots of stories going around saying that Clare offered to play in Limerick but Limerick declined, it'd probably be closer for a lot of Clare lads to get to the Gaelic Grounds than it would be for the Limerick players. I reckon, knowing some of the politics at play, the Munster council don't want Limerick with home and away agreements with 3 of the 4 other hurling counties.

While the Gaelic Grounds is more convenient for both teams, I imagine that Clare would be mad to offer to move the game there considering Limerick have had a very good record there in recent years, and surely Clare would prefer open spaces to even more congestion?

Fireball07 wrote: »
    While the Gaelic Grounds is more convenient for both teams, I imagine that Clare would be mad to offer to move the game there considering Limerick have had a very good record there in recent years, and surely Clare would prefer open spaces to even more congestion?

if i am not mistaking and i could be wrong but as far as i was aware it was clare's home match , they decided to move it to thurles for that reason that the pitch was bigger and bringing it to limerick would only be sacrificing home advantage

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Meant to mention this on the day but David McInerney's sideline ball on Sunday must have been the longest cut in GAA history, amazing.

I think all games are a neutral venue unless there's a home & away arrangement in place already, doesn't matter who comes out first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

I think all games are a neutral venue unless there's a home & away arrangement in place already, doesn't matter who comes out first.

If they can spend a few quid on Ennis - new jacks, nicer stand, easier access - they could definitely host a first round game against Waterford and probably Tipp if they aren't going great. Would be a far better atmosphere than a half empty semple. Limerick would travel because its so close and a novelty.

Browney7 wrote: »
    If they can spend a few quid on Ennis - new jacks, nicer stand, easier access - they could definitely host a first round game against Waterford and probably Tipp if they aren't going great. Would be a far better atmosphere than a half empty semple. Limerick would travel because its so close and a novelty.

There's plans a foot to do up the Park, at the moment they are a complete disgrace with the filthy toilets, falling down stands and rusty barbwire everywhere, with the river running 1 side of it it's a disaster waiting to happen.

In my opinion, the GAA has too many big grounds that are just sitting empty for 360 days of the year, Ennis doesn't need a big ground, we need big enough for our county finals not to host Munster Championship matches. In Munsters there's the Semple Stadium (55,000), Gaelic Grounds (50,000), Páirc Ui Chaoimh (45,500) and Fitzgerald Stadium (43,000), that's enough stadium space for the population of each county (Cork excluding the city).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

I think this Clare team will have a big say in the championship. No other county has such a pool of attack minded forwards. --- All this thing, about systems, sweepers, third mid fielders, two inside forwards- is it really doing anything for hurling. Kilkenny have enjoyed fair success lining out in conventional positions, each player with the primary task of winning his individual battle.

The outcome of a game can swing on the smallest of things. Like the confusion between the goalkeeper and back that led to Limerick's goal. The sending off, that another ref might have looked at differently etc. Clare lost by a point, having come back from being six down. Limerick are a team on the rise for a few years now and are a serious outfit. So I would not be surprised to see Clare in Croke Park next August.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

There's plans a foot to do up the Park, at the moment they are a complete disgrace with the filthy toilets, falling down stands and rusty barbwire everywhere, with the river running 1 side of it it's a disaster waiting to happen.

In my opinion, the GAA has too many big grounds that are just sitting empty for 360 days of the year, Ennis doesn't need a big ground, we need big enough for our county finals not to host Munster Championship matches. In Munsters there's the Semple Stadium (55,000), Gaelic Grounds (50,000), Páirc Ui Chaoimh (45,500) and Fitzgerald Stadium (43,000), that's enough stadium space for the population of each county (Cork excluding the city).
    Ya have to agree there, a well done up Ennis with 15k capacity would be far preferable to another 30k stadium that's empty most of the time, I know it's sacrilege but I think Clare should be able to nominate Gaelic grounds as a 'home ground' for Munster games, get all the access that they would to Cusack park before the games, get the gate receipts minus rent to limerick county board, don't even have to play limerick there but play cork, tipp or waterford. Much better than another capital intensive project...

Cusack Park as is is more than enough for the setup at the moment, the only games that Clare will have at home will be first round of the playoffs (once the draw goes our way), after the first or maybe second rounds there'll be double headers in Thurles.

If Clare are playing Kerry, Limerick or Tipp it should be played in the Gaelic Grounds, if we're playing Cork or Waterford it should be a toss of a coin between Gaelic Grounds and Semple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Why not upgrade Cusack Park to around 25k, that way it can take first round of the hurling championship games, such as last Sunday's.

We can switch to Gaelic Grounds or Semple if a crowd of 25k+ is genuinely expected.

Why not upgrade Cusack Park to around 25k, that way it can take first round of the hurling championship games, such as last Sunday's.

We can switch to Gaelic Grounds or Semple if a crowd of 25k+ is genuinely expected.

25k wouldn't be enough for a home first round game, also, we don't have home and away arrangements with any team. Cusack Park was 28k not too long ago and it wasn't getting any games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

So Semple has a capacity of 55k and last week there was 21k there?? I was there and both stands looked relatively full, where in the hell would they fit the other 34k? This always astounds me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Time to move on from the weekend anyway.
    First round of the senior championship this weekend and some cracking games in store.

Friday 7.30 in the park
    Inamona v crusheen. I'd expect crusheen to take this one. Have been so consistent at this level over the last number of years and would expect them to pull through by 4 or 5 points.

Saturday in the bridge
    Newmarket v feakle - expect a comfortable enough win for Newmarket but feakle have quite a good underage set up recently so they might give them a good test.
    Kilmaley v whitegate - same as the other game. Kilmaley should have too much for whitegate. Have already won the u21 this year and have a very solid team.

Saturday in the park
    Massive double header here

4.45 Eire og v the bridge
    Lots of history between these two sides and I'd expect a cracking game at the weekend. Obviously hope we come through against the bridge but will be very tough. Bridge probably have the slightly more better players but we certainly have the forwards to cause them problems. Should have a full forward line of reidy, o donnell and o holloran so if they get the right ball they will surely cause damage. Bridge have a very strong team throughout aswell as adding Cathay Malone ( which I still don't understand how it was allowed to happen) but will be missing shanahan. Also clash of the old Clare Titans between nuggy and gilli :) hon the town!!!

6.30 ballyea v cratloe
    Very tough test for the defending champs first up and with McGrath still an injury doubt they may not take this one. Reckon ballyea are primed for a good run this year. Ballyea by 2

Clonlara v clarecastle
    Good contest as well but I'd imagine clonlara should have too much even with Galvin absent. Clonlara by 6

Mills v tubber. Tight game but mills to come through

Tula v Clooney - no idea to be honest!! :)

Just got word that Davy o holloran is not going to play hurling this year with the eire of this year :(. Was thinking we might actually have a small chance of doing unite well this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

Just got word that Davy o holloran is not going to play hurling this year with the eire of this year :(. Was thinking we might actually have a small chance of doing unite well this year.

why is that? Thought he was playing with a couple weeks ago?

Gael85 wrote: »
    why is that? Thought he was playing with a couple weeks ago?

Only heard rumours so won't put them up on here. Think he left in the past week o so only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Clare have 7 (seven!) game plans that they can switch into at any given stage of a game.

No confusion then amongst players I'd imagine.

• Advertisement

My take on the weekends hurling

Ina-Mona vs. Crusheen - Crusheen based on past results only, don't know anything about how the teams are going
    Newmarket v Feakle - Big step up for Feakle, Colin Ryan almost always produces for Newmarket, Colin Lynch is under a bit of pressure here in his first outing as manager.
    Kilmaley v Whitegate - Kilmaley under 21s were impressive, might be a bit too much of a step up, heavy pitch in the 'Bridge wouldn't suit them, this could be the shock of the round.
    Eire og v Sixmilebridge - I think the step up to senior will be a bit too much for the town, especially is reports that O'Halloran won't be lining out, could be a draw.
    Ballyea v Cratloe - By all accounts Tony Kelly is out, Cratloe by 2 is he is, Ballyea by 2 if he isn't
    Clonlara v Clarecastle - Galvin a HUGE lossing for Clonlare, but I don't think Clarecastle are going to be up to much this year
    Mills v Tubber - Friend of mine from Tubber was telling me they are going great guns, no idea otherwise.
    Tula v Clooney - what LuckyGent88 said :D

I watched another bit of the match the other day, mainly the second half, this time I kept an eye on the Clare tackling. I might be looking into it a bit much, but their technique is terrible, it almost seems like football tackling where you keep going for the ball with 1 hand and disrupt the man with the other, they seem to forget that they only have 1 hand so it's always going to be a foul. We also seem hellbent on testing the fabric of our opponents kit the whole time

after scoring 2-1 last sunday from the bench hammy picked up a hamstring tonight in wolfe tones annihilation of doora barefield 6 19 to 0-14 it finshed in the first round of the IHC , he should be back for the 2nd round of the quilifers should we get that far .........davey will love this :rolleyes:

in senior championship last years runners up crusheen beat inagh/kilnamona 3-18 to 0-16 dispite the poor showing in last years final they are still a relitavly dangerous side especially under the new format

I was speaking to someone this morning that was at the match, looks like a bad 1 for Cunningham, there's a reason he's known as hammy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

I watched another bit of the match the other day, mainly the second half, this time I kept an eye on the Clare tackling. I might be looking into it a bit much, but their technique is terrible, it almost seems like football tackling where you keep going for the ball with 1 hand and disrupt the man with the other, they seem to forget that they only have 1 hand so it's always going to be a foul. We also seem hellbent on testing the fabric of our opponents kit the whole time

Our tackling technique was a big problem last year and little seems to have been done to eradicate it.
    We've an awful habit of putting an arm out to slow an opposition player running with the ball. The main problem I think is lads are leaving the 'tackling arm' in too long. If you're going to do it, the arm check needs to be in and then immediately taken away. This lark of leaving it in is costing us countless frees

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Our tackling technique was a big problem last year and little seems to have been done to eradicate it.
    We've an awful habit of putting an arm out to slow an opposition player running with the ball. The main problem I think is lads are leaving the 'tackling arm' in too long. If you're going to do it, the arm check needs to be in and then immediately taken away. This lark of leaving it in is costing us countless frees

I was talking to someone who watched them train recently, he told me that their tackling in training is all about pulling and dragging, he counted 4 lads who had their face mask opened during the drill, considering interfering with the face mask is a sending off offence I don't know why they'd be doing it in training.

Update this to reflect any scores/results I come across
    My take on the weekends hurling

Ina-Mona 0-15 vs. Crusheen 3-18 Result
    Newmarket 0-10 v Feakle 1-5 Half Time
    Kilmaley v Whitegate
    Eire og v Sixmilebridge
    Ballyea v Cratloe
    Clonlara 1-20 v Clarecastle 2-17 Extra time being played (surprise to me)
    Mills v Tubber
    Tula v Clooney

Newmarket 2-13 v Feakle 1-13 Result
    Kilmaley v Whitegate
    Eire og v Sixmilebridge
    Ballyea v Cratloe
    Clonlara 1-25 v Clarecastle 2-22 Result aet
    Mills v Tubber
    Tula v Cloone

Newmarket 2-13 v Feakle 1-13 Result
    Kilmaley 1-22 v Whitegate 1-10 Result
    Eire og v Sixmilebridge
    Ballyea v Cratloe
    Clonlara 1-25 v Clarecastle 2-22 Result aet
    Mills v Tubber
    Tula v Clooney

11 points to the bridge 1-6 to eire og at half time here at the park.

Lucky to be only 2 down but they are more than capable of playing much better.

That clonlara clarecastle match must have been pretty epic

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement