Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

It's the draw none of the two wanted

Come through that and there's nothing to worry from an over hyped Galway for any team as kk in second gear like I thought showed them up

If clare win and they had to play if waterford lost would not have anything to fear with them either
    If clare win they will have momentum and Cork too
    For the neutrals it's a great game

Yeah this is the all Ireland final for Clare really, sure everyone else left after Cork is soft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Yeah this is the all Ireland final for Clare really, sure everyone else left after Cork is soft.

Look there's no point in trying to engage with you as again you twist and turn debates just cause I don't buy the hype with waterford
    This isn't clare all Ireland and you know damn well I said Cork not all ireland contenders
    Point is momentum and should clare win then Galway showed nothing yesterday to be worried and my point is waterford yes have good system but clare won't fear them as waterford have done nothing to clare to earn that right yet
    And yes maybe waterford could beat clare but I be thinking clare
    I know you would love and fair enough your county beat clare even though yere greatest manager ever in last man get ye all Ireland is now with clare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

The soft matches in the championship are over at this stage. Now everyone has a chance of winning. It will depend on how the draw pans out. If Clare don't win it I wouldn't mind see Waterford win it.. but who ever wins it will have earned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

All tough matches ahead, with Kilkenny winning Liam in the end.

Likely outcome, but by no means certain.

I'd have to agree there to a point and some teams had luck with a few false dawns buy Kilkenny and tippeary are waiting in the long grass and possibly clare

Kilkenny are miles ahead of the rest bar tipp but they don't probably have the mind-set to beat them

Lot average teams outside the top contenders with clare imo the pick of the rest if they get to a quarter final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

game live on sky next week , so that means a 7pm throw in

nobody wanted cork , but it would be a huge step in the right direction if we overcome this hurdle , despite there two games against waterford i would still fear cork that little bit more then i would waterford , especially at this stage of the championship i would have them ahead of galway also

limerick will most likely be the venue , a very tight pitch no one on here is too gone on the place either i would be thinking , but as i said in the past , its now the time to do the talking on the field , if we dont cross this fence it will leave management with a lot of questions to answer i would imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

I know you would love and fair enough your county beat clare even though yere greatest manager ever in last man get ye all Ireland is now with clare

Comedy Gold right there :D Only you could argue that the man that overseen a 21 point drubbing in a Munster Final and a 23 point hammering in an AI was that countys greatest manager.

thurles next saterday night 7pm as part of a double/tripple header i persume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

thurles next saterday night 7pm as part of a double/tripple header i persume

With the Munster Hurling Final on the following day - I doubt it.
    Cork V Clare probably in Limerick.
    Dublin v Limerick probably in Tullamore/Portlaoise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    With the Munster Hurling Final on the following day - I doubt it.
    Cork V Clare probably in Limerick.
    Dublin v Limerick probably in Tullamore/Portlaoise.

It has been confirmed for Thurles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Cork will take on Clare and Dublin face Limerick in a hurling qualifier double-header in Thurles on Saturday.

RTÉ will show the Dublin-Limerick tie (5pm) live, while the Clare-Cork game, with a 7pm throw-in at Semple Stadium, will be shown on Sky Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Thats four games in about 26 hours on the pitch. Oh to be a groundsman!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Probably the best pitch in the country but it's going to be in fair sh1te come Sunday evening if the weather doesn't improve, don't forget the minor match before the senior match on Sunday.

danganabu wrote: »
    Comedy Gold right there :D Only you could argue that the man that overseen a 21 point drubbing in a Munster Final and a 23 point hammering in an AI was that countys greatest manager.

And who was the last manager get them to all ireland final
    Look i know what to expect from you with Davy as your remark on him two week ago was well over the line of what ethos in gaa is
    So pardon me if I take what you say on this topic with a large dose of salt with the greatest respect

And who was the last manager get them to all ireland final
    Look i know what to expect from you with Davy as your remark on him two week ago was well over the line of what ethos in gaa is
    So pardon me if I take what you say on this topic with a large dose of salt with the greatest respect

What do you make of Fitzgeralds behavior with regard to this ethos?

I reckon Clare and Dublin will come through. Clare would be the only ones of the 4 I wouldn't like to play but that is just for the talent they have. Couldn't see them beating Kilkenny though.

Slightly excited at the thought of a full fit full forward line of McGrath-O'Donnell-Honan

Serious goal threat there if they get the right ball, and the full back line isn't Cork's strongest line

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭wackokid

I'd have to agree there to a point and some teams had luck with a few false dawns buy Kilkenny and tippeary are waiting in the long grass and possibly clare

Kilkenny are miles ahead of the rest bar tipp but they don't probably have the mind-set to beat them

Lot average teams outside the top contenders with clare imo the pick of the rest if they get to a quarter final

Crawler.........Tadg a dhá dtaomh

Slightly excited at the thought of a full fit full forward line of McGrath-O'Donnell-Honan

Serious goal threat there if they get the right ball, and the full back line isn't Cork's strongest line

Yep. 2013 final, each scored a goal.. Each of them is a threat that pulls a half back line and sweeper back towards goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭letowski

Barry Kelly refereeing this like like he did in the same tie in Munster 2013. We came out badly with him that day. A little worried about it to be honest because Colin's recent freetaking has not been great really, Horgan is better. This is also because we have huge disciplinary issues in the tackle, Kelly is one of the more stricter referees in this area. I suppose we are going to win nothing anyway if we keep giving away double digit scorable frees but for love of god please let us be on the good of the ref for once.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

We've a massive problem around the tackle that will mean we'll be conceding an awful lot of frees, but a lot of the frees are conceded with the hope of reducing the chances of letting in soft goals, which we can't afford to concede like we did last year against Cork.

I would say that the manager of the losing team on Saturday night will be under serious pressure to hold onto their job.

wackokid wrote: »
    Crawler.........Tadg a dhá dtaomh

Lad seriously will you Please stop with personal insults
    I have asked you numerous times and you call me a crawler
    Your more interested my posts than anything else with respect

You didn't debate point as you no interest but just called me a name
    Will you please please stop and just cause I question two players you like you repeated attacked my posts clear see for others im sure
    You ignore everyone else
    Will you please please stop personal agenda
    I only want to talk gaa

For some one so high moral ground just I cause question players on performance you call me names
    Seriously like can we keep it gaa please
    You don't like my opinion fair enough debate or don't read but will you please please stop agenda my posts

Clareman wrote: »
    We've a massive problem around the tackle that will mean we'll be conceding an awful lot of frees, but a lot of the frees are conceded with the hope of reducing the chances of letting in soft goals, which we can't afford to concede like we did last year against Cork.

I would say that the manager of the losing team on Saturday night will be under serious pressure to hold onto their job.

Jbm is not under pressure as two year term but he'll walk himself

Davy will be but even if he wins likely be under a bit also
    Hard to see him go unless the panel want him out he'll have to go

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

letowski wrote: »
    Barry Kelly refereeing this like like he did in the same tie in Munster 2013. We came out badly with him that day. A little worried about it to be honest because Colin's recent freetaking has not been great really, Horgan is better. This is also because we have huge disciplinary issues in the tackle, Kelly is one of the more stricter referees in this area. I suppose we are going to win nothing anyway if we keep giving away double digit scorable frees but for love of god please let us be on the good of the ref for once.

Your manager will have a role to play here too, abusing Kelly from the get-go will not help your free count.

Jbm is not under pressure as two year term but he'll walk himself

Davy will be but even if he wins likely be under a bit also
    Hard to see him go unless the panel want him out he'll have to go

agree with this the panel probably would reject his resignation , he also has the excuse that he was without so many key players for the limerick game too , podge , galvin , bugler honan ( injured played 2 minutes at the end ) connor mcgrath all fairly key players

while we knew the craic with podge and galvin it has to be said he would have a fairly solid case , but the real reason is he wont be asked to leave because he will have to explain all of this to his father and one or two family friends in the county board

but in truth the main gripe us clare fans have with him is nothing really to do with the on the field stuff its more to do with sidline antics and all those strange interviews

the truth is when he was ratified back in 2011 a number of waterford supporter's suggested we were getting a bad manager some still think he is one but davey deserves credit for getting clare from division two and regular hammerings in both league and championship to wining an all ireland in the space of two years , and now regarded as one of the top sides in the country

i havnt changed my tune on the guy , he was at the same craic last saterday night at times too on the sideline which wont get us anywhere with barry kelly next week , but as a manager i would probably prefer him in charge over most other inter county managers in the country at the moment

• Advertisement

the truth is when he was ratified back in 2011 a number of waterford supporter's suggested we were getting a bad manager some still think he is one but davey deserves credit for getting clare from division two and regular hammerings in both league and championship to wining an all ireland in the space of two years , and now regarded as one of the top sides in the country

Sorry, but I can't agree with that, in 2010 we ran Waterford to 4 points and Waterford went on to win Munster, we were absolutely diabolical against Dublin after that though. In 2011 we were taken apart by Tipp and Galway, in 2012 we were beaten by Waterford & Limerick, that's 2 years of regular beatings in the first 2 years, then 2013 happened, and I'm sorry but all that can't be put down to Davy, yes he had a lot to do with it but so did the players, the draw and luck.

This year is Davy's fifth year in charge, if you take 2013 out of the equation his tenure has been an abject failure, leave in 2013 and he has had an ok tenure. This year we have to be aiming for at least an All Ireland semi final, this bunch of players isn't just a normal bunch of players, they are a squad with 4 All Ireland Under 21s and an All Ireland Senior All Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

but in truth the main gripe us clare fans have with him is nothing really to do with the on the field stuff its more to do with sidline antics and all those strange interviews

I don't know about that
    The fans can forgive eccentric managers if the results are good or even if the manager is making good decisions and getting the most out of his players.

The people of clare are getting so frustrated at watching the enormous talent in this young team be wasted through bizzare tactical decisions and a strategy that plays straight into the hands of our opposition while ignoring the natural skills and talents of our best players. We're also annoyed that Fitzgerald is turning every referee in the country against us which puts us at an instant disadvantage before a game even starts.

I think the biggest issue a lot of Clare supporters have is the whole inconsistency of the whole thing, Davy doesn't want players playing other sports buts allow other players go play hurling in another country, Davy doesn't want players going out socializing but is ok with players going on a 3 month holiday to the states, Davy doesn't want to have the press looking into his personal affairs but is willing to go on a TV show.

Everyone I talk to is just sick that he tries to make everything about him and not the team, everyone is also sick of the whole style of play that Clare are trying to play as well as the whole discipline issue that we're constantly having, it was nice to get through a match without someone being sent off.

I think the biggest issue a lot of Clare supporters have is the whole inconsistency of the whole thing, Davy doesn't want players playing other sports buts allow other players go play hurling in another country, Davy doesn't want players going out socializing but is ok with players going on a 3 month holiday to the states, Davy doesn't want to have the press looking into his personal affairs but is willing to go on a TV show.

Everyone I talk to is just sick that he tries to make everything about him and not the team, everyone is also sick of the whole style of play that Clare are trying to play as well as the whole discipline issue that we're constantly having, it was nice to get through a match without someone being sent off.

Joke I heard a few weeks ago,..

What's the difference between Ger Loughnane and Davy Fitz.

Only 31 counties didn't like Ger Loughnane....

This is Davy's fourth year in charge, he managed Waterford in 2011.

• Advertisement

That is correct he did and he won munster title and more importantly single handedly proved the missing link getting waterford to all ireland final that two previous cork manager failed to do
    But yes Justin and Gerald two gentle man and never ruffled feathers in waterford like davy so davy no angle
    But I suppose it comes down to matter choice really
    I'd take an all Ireland final while not holy grail still huge achievement county like waterford in hurling that all ireland final are scare as history book show at senior level
    Until such time waterford get all ireland final imo ye will always be under legacy who last manager get waterford all Ireland final
    Like it or not you can't change the history books
    Clare are the same I'm sure if they loose many want him gone but he won clare all Ireland that can't ever be taken from him

That's got nothing to do with Clare hurling, I told you before I'd happily pm you to outline why Gerald and Justin did more for Waterford but you refused so let's not derail this thread.

The bolded part would very much be up for debate

That is correct he did and he won munster title and more importantly single handedly proved the missing link getting waterford to all ireland final that two previous cork manager failed to do
    But yes Justin and Gerald two gentle man and never ruffled feathers in waterford like davy so davy no angle
    But I suppose it comes down to matter choice really
    I'd take an all Ireland final while not holy grail still huge achievement county like waterford in hurling that all ireland final are scare as history book show at senior level
    Until such time waterford get all ireland final imo ye will always be under legacy who last manager get waterford all Ireland final
    Like it or not you can't change the history books
    Clare are the same I'm sure if they loose many want him gone but he won clare all Ireland that can't ever be taken from him

How can you ''single handedly'' be the ''missing link'' that defies all logic and is also a hell of an insult to the players and the rest of the management team, and lets call a spade a spade here they won one match to get to that AI and then proceeded to make an embarrassment of themelves.

You also spout regualrly in your attacks on TJ Ryan that managment and team development is all about progress ant that having reached last years semi anything other than an AI final appearance for TJ will be a failure, you dont seem to hold Davy to the same standards though or the entire remainder of his Waterford reign was surely an unmitigated disaster, and he is well on his way to doing the same in his current role.

That's got nothing to do with Clare hurling, I told you before I'd happily pm you to outline why Gerald and Justin did more for Waterford but you refused so let's not derail this thread.

With greatest respect I will decline as I don't have any interest one man agenda against davy and I know all I need know davy and waterford

With greatest respect I will decline as I don't have any interest one man agenda against davy and I know all I need know davy and waterford

Bit rich to be talking about agendas given you are at pains to bring up "greatest manager ever for Waterford" every time I mention his name. Didn't even insult him and you still had to go on a spiel.

Anyway I'll say no more Id say the Clare fans are sick of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I've long been a supporter of Davy but I feel it may be necessary to part ways if we don't beat Cork on Saturday. We can't let 3 consecutive U-21 sides plus some of the 09 winning panel go to waste through players being dropped/leaving the panel as a result of apparent managerial disputes as well as chronic indiscipline on the field - especially when this panel already has senior AI title experience. Lose on Saturday and it will be 1 championship win (vs Offaly) in over two and a half years since we won the AI and next play again in Munster in May 2016.

Bit rich to be talking about agendas given you are at pains to bring up "greatest manager ever for Waterford" every time I mention his name. Didn't even insult him and you still had to go on a spiel.

Anyway I'll say no more Id say the Clare fans are sick of this.
    Ah now not at all just bringing a bit of balance as you clearly have agenda against he's management and refuse give him any credit
    I know it irated you when I mention this but honestly don't do it for that but surely on counter debate he's management I can say what he's done well and fact is he's last man in history do it
    People want other sides say facts hasn't won so long are very valid surely I can say he's last manager get waterford all Ireland final and clare win it
    When that changes if it does then I won't state I
    I'd agree clare fans probably sick of it as look with respect it's clear day no one support him here bar maybes two and fair enough right opinion but it doesn't mean other side debate for davy can't be said and if myself and odd one two weren't defending him I'd say be pretty one sided

If he never won anything you would say fair enough but he's won things and he deserves some credit but when players win it's their winning when loose he's totally blame
    Surely that clear to see

Halfway between 2 championship games and we're just talking about the manager, ooh well.

fair points lads and i do agree to an extent , the point i was making was if davey had the demeanor of someone like eamon o'shea, anthoney cunningham , or jimmy barry murphy on the sideline or in his interviews would there be the same calls ,

i think people are slightly forgetting that this clare team has a similar age profile and possibly younger in terms of squad average then the current waterford side . . . . who are seen as a team for the future , TTM1 is right he dose deserve credit for 2013 whether we like it or not and to be fair it is a rare thing to see the so called under dog wining the replay in a final by 6 points

you all know my personal views on fitz , but i would hate to see us jump the gun on this , there should be a good 7 to 10 years left in in most of these guys , and if they want him next year if our year is cut short once again fine it will be there call

if donal and gerry were to take over at some stage , then i am sure the players would probably have a less of a dictorship in terms of management it could also be a huge risk and with gerry out of the country at the moment it could be a while before it is even considered

• Advertisement

Going back on topic,

I hope Clare play similar to how they played at the start of the second half against Offaly, go man on man pulling midfield/half forwards back to help give some cover but having 3 dangerous players left in side to fend for themselves.

Going back on topic,

I hope Clare play similar to how they played at the start of the second half against Offaly, go man on man pulling midfield/half forwards back to help give some cover but having 3 dangerous players left in side to fend for themselves.

I'd agree but I have make one point with greatest respect as I rate lot your post hugely
    You say you want go back match and not topic manager fair enough but be fair now you are most time making reference to he's management so surely you are it's right in decromatic gaa sense other side is spoken

You made reference to he's pr management decision and players dualism and defence etc and other things so you brought them to debate to be fair now

fair points lads and i do agree to an extent , the point i was making was if davey had the demeanor of someone like eamon o'shea, anthoney cunningham , or jimmy barry murphy on the sideline or in his interviews would there be the same calls ,

i think people are slightly forgetting that this clare team has a similar age profile and possibly younger in terms of squad average then the current waterford side . . . . who are seen as a team for the future , TTM1 is right he dose deserve credit for 2013 whether we like it or not and to be fair it is a rare thing to see the so called under dog wining the replay in a final by 6 points

you all know my personal views on fitz , but i would hate to see us jump the gun on this , there should be a good 7 to 10 years left in in most of these guys , and if they want him next year if our year is cut short once again fine it will be there call

if donal and gerry were to take over at some stage , then i am sure the players would probably have a less of a dictorship in terms of management it could also be a huge risk and with gerry out of the country at the moment it could be a while before it is even considered
    Great post and that's it the players only one will remove him as he won't go or be pushed
    Players this year backed him hugely so it is open to see if it changed if it does he goes if they want him he has to stay

Halfway between 2 championship games and we're just talking about the manager, ooh well.

i would be confidant about saturday evening , i think we are in a much better place then where we were for the munster championship game last year or even the wexford game at this same stage

cork have gone back a bit but the likes of harnedy lehane , and horgan on the frees are as good as what we have , there is probably a slight over realience on them though which showed last week when they went over 20 minuets of the second half with out a score , i would expect us to punish them if the same happens the weekend

they have a number of guys that can cause us problems too , but one thing diffrent about cork this year as opposed to last year or 2013 is they are playing out there games in a very hot and cold fashion ,

started great against waterford , beating all over the place for the middle part of the game , finished strongly

against wexford the same , first 20 minutes again blew them out of the water , out played for most of the 2nd half but again finished the game well enough

on that evidence i would maybe not make us massive favorites but this cork team with injuries remember have gone back this year so far

I'd agree but I have make one point with greatest respect as I rate lot your post hugely
    You say you want go back match and not topic manager fair enough but be fair now you are most time making reference to he's management so surely you are it's right in decromatic gaa sense other side is spoken

You made reference to he's pr management decision and players dualism and defence etc and other things so you brought them to debate to be fair now

Fair enough, mea culpa and I will admit to be an anti-fan of his and bringing him up in discussion a lot.

danganabu wrote: »
    How can you ''single handedly'' be the ''missing link'' that defies all logic and is also a hell of an insult to the players and the rest of the management team, and lets call a spade a spade here they won one match to get to that AI and then proceeded to make an embarrassment of themelves.

You also spout regualrly in your attacks on TJ Ryan that managment and team development is all about progress ant that having reached last years semi anything other than an AI final appearance for TJ will be a failure, you dont seem to hold Davy to the same standards though or the entire remainder of his Waterford reign was surely an unmitigated disaster, and he is well on his way to doing the same in his current role.
    Tj nothing to do with the debate you brought him in your it but I'll be courteous to engage and reply to it
    I'm not going back in to management debate as I respect clare man to not bring thread debate on manager when huge game coming up but I'll give one reply to your post

Okay well it's simple really
    Tj Ryan has two years and was involved with o grady before so yes he's expirence now but two years on he's own had four wins championship and that's out out seven 'll guess above half cent success rate
    Two wins not ist division team but Wexford and westmeath
    Other two tipp and clare but clare he was haunted with injury ridden clare man sent off win by point

Bar westmeath game up last week record was fifty per cent success
    He's shambles under twenty one as your own county tippeary destroyed them

He won waterford crystal cup yes and second grade all ireland title
    Davy win munster senior but more importantly all ireland and Fitzgibbon cup that better waterford crystal cup or second grade cork intermediate title now be realistic
    He failed dismally in the league
    Not excuse
    He had moral victory v kk when weather meant kk couldn't play at pace and width expose them
    Even all black wouldn't score tries by loaves in the weather that day

Surely you see its plausible and valid on field play questions Ryan and if you think it's harsh to then it means no one can critse any manager as if you can't critse manager performance on results what then can you question
    No he's not develop players limerick in he's not got them all ireland final above Allen and limerick haven't improved yet team four years on the go

I rated and still do as told you many times and look my posts last year tj greatest among them full backs and was still hero as player
    However just cause either lack the ability or just don't want to differenidyr between management skills sets and playing which two completely different world's that's your right but don't go on with nonsense it's attacking Ryan
    No its not it's field play question he's management

I never attacked him personally and you should with respect know the difference when you gave a remark that was way off gaa related last week regards Fitzgerald that was so bad it was thankfully removed
    Lot clare lads here don't like davy but least kept it gaa related and never went like you
    So with respect there's irony your view say I'm attacking Ryan when all know here I haven't said many times rate him player but too old school management make manager in he's good man management but not tactical manager

I always find when someone is struggling back debate up they try paint perception oh you must have an agenda
    That's nonsense
    Surely it's plausible to question manager without seeming personal
    Look at David corkery he had head line Ian keatley not good enough as munster out half or like that
    Was that personal
    No corkery one nicest men around but he was merely questions keatley field play

I sound times like I repeat same stuff regards Ryan but surely when they loose it's under standsble to say the same mistake occur when it's same problems their like defence conceded seven games fourteen goals and no sweeper consistently
    You think I'm only one question him
    Go to limerick thread and zombieHanalei who outstanding poster and imo with fire ball two best limerick poster around he questions Ryan now hugely and day one he huge fan but haneli sees lack tactic and innovative approach with the team

He's not being personal he's just doing what kerry and Kilkenny do
    You think I'm wrong questions management with poor record as facts not my opinion show fair enough your right to opinion but rather than say I'm against him go limerick thread and said it many other posters say it As they doubt he's management to win all Ireland which is the aim for Limerick as it was the last two years

As regards clare davy will be questioned of they loose Sunday and correctly so as every management can outgrown team bar cody who keeps evolving but davy get my backing over Ryan simply he's record is better and no stand out candidates clare job but Kinnerk coming back help them hugely

Who would I want be stranded on island with Ryan or Fitzgerald
    Ryan would be better and more pleasant I'd imagine but as manager I'd have davy every any day the week as gaa intercounty emotions kept out it it's performance and this is all ireland series not big brother popularity contest

Clare poster made great point if Allen jbm o shea etc done same point davy nothing be said but davy demeanor in media etc does himself no favour but it shouldn't be lost while he's faults certainly not as bad as he's made out to be as a manager
    Your comparison with Ryan to davy I'm sure even critics Fitzgerald will say it doesn't add up as Fitzgerald done way more in the game than Ryan
    That's not my opinion but look up both statics as manager if you doubt me

Waterford were team was good with great players but failed reach final and despite huge loss kk davy one game got them all ireland final that two previous management couldn't do with team in its peak before kk became great so yes Fitzgerald was single difference imo get waterford to all ireland and if he had team two years earlier could possibly really pushed all ireland
    He's got everything out waterford team that were tired ten years on go and past their peak for some players

I always find when someone is struggling back debate up they try paint perception oh you must have an agenda
    That's nonsense

Your posts are becoming parodies of themselves.

Your posts are becoming parodies of themselves.

Look well disagree on davy we both no that
    You keep looking for me to change view and I won't
    I respect your right to your opinion
    Best of luck Sunday in the Munster final

Davy is here for the season so no point discussing it.

Let's leave talk of whether he should stay on until later in the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Maybe this is for another thread but would ye rate our full forward line as better then tipps / kks ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement