Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Figerty wrote: »
    Ya. Limerick will have to watch Duggan, Galvin and O'Donnell. Cant double Mark them all.

In fairness to Finn, he did a good job on Galvin for the intermediates, but the 21s have probably been together longer and will be a more fluid overall side. SOD will need to up his game, and considering O'Riordan scored 2 goals, I'd be slightly worried although I rate English highly. Duggan will be hard to mark, he finds space very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Figerty wrote: »
    Ya. Limerick will have to watch Duggan, Galvin and O'Donnell. Cant double Mark them all.

Not if they all play inside.....Davy take note please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Warper wrote: »
    Hope Limerick get through, be good to have the final at home. What a shocking red card decision by the ref

Was at the game and thought the same. Came home and watched the replay, ref was correct, both yellows for Limerick's Barry O'Connell were justified as were both for Michael Breen. However, conditions did play a part in 1 yellow of both players.
    Hopefully a good final in Ennis in 2 weeks time. Clare will be favourites after win over Waterford plus home advantage. Standard in that game was much higher than Limerick/Tipp game, albeit conditions were the complete opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/kieran-shannon/davy-fitzgerald-must-decide-whats-best-for-clare-hurling-342374.html

A balanced article and he's raises good points
    Obviously davy is staying now but next year should be it if results don't improve

Seeing as were being told that this year is progress, what would constitute improvement next year..... Consolidating our position in the rarified atmosphere of division 2 and beating Westmeath in the championship ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Good news from an Eire og point of view at the weekend with Davy o holloran back playing. Bad news though with reidy got to the states for awhile.

Rumour is as well that a number of Clare seniors are gone to the states on holidays for awhile too. Well that would be a kick in the teeth for clubs with championship about to start again. Heard a number of the ballyea lads were heading away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

Good news from an Eire og point of view at the weekend with Davy o holloran back playing. Bad news though with reidy got to the states for awhile.

Rumour is as well that a number of Clare seniors are gone to the states on holidays for awhile too. Well that would be a kick in the teeth for clubs with championship about to start again. Heard a number of the ballyea lads were heading away.

Any team that won the first round knows that the second round is not that important. God knows when the third round will be on if there is a draw in the second round.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭irish coldplayer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Yes, good article.
    They are the main points, although I would also question fitness seeing as we were level or winning all our big games this year going into the last few minutes, and lost them all.

Maybe Paul Kinnerk coming back can help on that front.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

tatoo wrote: »
    Seeing as were being told that this year is progress, what would constitute improvement next year..... Consolidating our position in the rarified atmosphere of division 2 and beating Westmeath in the championship ??

Improvement next year would be promotion AND good showing in league play offs, considering we'll probably have to beat Limerick and Wexford who have both beaten us in the Championship in the past 2 years this is a big ask.

Then we'll have to win a Munster championship game AND get to an All Ireland semi final.

Anything less than both of above would be a poor performance IMO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I had an interesting conversation with someone well connected to a few of the players/county board, apparently a few of the players have left the country and haven't passed on their number to Davy and have told others not to pass them on either, others are getting more calls now from Davy than they did throughout the year. Davy has reached out to some of the club managers but he has burnt that bridge last year, apparently 1 manager has said (quite openly) that last year Davy was blaming us for the start of Clare hurling now he wants to be our best friend.

Bottom line is the club managers aren't Davy's best friends, a few players are taking a break and Davy is trying to drum up support.

Clareman wrote: »
    I had an interesting conversation with someone well connected to a few of the players/county board, apparently a few of the players have left the country and haven't passed on their number to Davy and have told others not to pass them on either,

Sure the season is over as far as the senior panel is concerned.
    The panel going into the 2016 season will be announced towards the end of the year, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

The panel going into the 2016 season will be announced towards the end of the year, no?
    That's it exactly there entitled to leave as November before there back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

I had an interesting conversation with someone well connected to a few of the players/county board, apparently a few of the players have left the country and haven't passed on their number to Davy and have told others not to pass them on either, others are getting more calls now from Davy than they did throughout the year. Davy has reached out to some of the club managers but he has burnt that bridge last year, apparently 1 manager has said (quite openly) that last year Davy was blaming us for the start of Clare hurling now he wants to be our best friend.

Bottom line is the club managers aren't Davy's best friends, a few players are taking a break and Davy is trying to drum up support.

I find it a bit sad that I hope all this is true clareman. If the man stood back and looked at what has happened and what is going on at the moment you would think he would step down as manager and retain some bit of respect. Fed up of all the controversy and hearsay surrounding the team this year and last now, I have heard and read so many story's the last week I don't know what to believe :(

Well Tony Kelly was playing against Dowling and Hannon in New York at the weekend and they are getting well compensated for going over. Getting paid per match too. Think there are 6 gone to the states and a couple more to Spain. Well deserved break in fairness but harsh on clubs IMO.

Also heard from a very reliable source that our u21 team trained up in north Clare 2 weeks ago and then went to the willie Clancy for a few beverages afterwards. Seems like donal Moloney has a much more lenient view on how to prepare for a match and it certainly worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Well Tony Kelly was playing against Dowling and Hannon in New York at the weekend and they are getting well compensated for going over. Getting paid per match too. Think there are 6 gone to the states and a couple more to Spain. Well deserved break in fairness but harsh on clubs IMO.

Also heard from a very reliable source that our u21 team trained up in north Clare 2 weeks ago and then went to the willie Clancy for a few beverages afterwards. Seems like donal Moloney has a much more lenient view on how to prepare for a match and it certainly worked.

U21 and senior are different ball games tbh. U21 grade is almost exclusively hurling based. It doesn't have the llevel of strength & conditioning, nutrition, even game plans. It's more pure hurling.

Anyways, tickets for next Thursday went on sale this morning.

• Advertisement

U21 and senior are different ball games tbh. U21 grade is almost exclusively hurling based. It doesn't have the llevel of strength & conditioning, nutrition, even game plans. It's more pure hurling.

Anyways, tickets for next Thursday went on sale this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Lads, do ye reckon I could buy a ticket at the grounds before the game or will this game be sold out in advance.?
    Safer to have one travelling up...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

washman3 wrote: »
    Lads, do ye reckon I could buy a ticket at the grounds before the game or will this game be sold out in advance.?

dont know if it will sell out but it could go close , especially as its limerick and they could bring up a big crowd giving they are out of the senior championship as well, it would probably be safer to buy them in advance

dont know if it will sell out but it could go close , especially as its limerick and they could bring up a big crowd giving they are out of the senior championship as well, it would probably be safer to buy them in advance

Just swim across that little river at the back, but don't forget to bring a towel to dry off afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

By who ?
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

washman3 wrote: »

any centra super valu that sells gaa tickets will have them
    three sides of the ground are terraced. it will be risky totravel without a ticket. i dont expect a sell out but it could happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

Any results from todays championship games?
    Cratloe/KIB and Kilkee/OCurrys should be good games tomorrow

Ennistymon held on to beat Eire Og 3 06 to 0 13. Bit of a ruckus at ht by all accounts.
    Breckans beat Lissycasey by a point after extra time. 1 14 to 0 16.
    Cooraclare beat Wolfe Tones 1 11 to 1 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Ennistymon held on to beat Eire Og 3 06 to 0 13. Bit of a ruckus at ht by all accounts.
    Breckans beat Lissycasey by a point after extra time. 1 14 to 0 16.
    Cooraclare beat Wolfe Tones 1 11 to 1 10

Big win for breckan's there, wasn't expecting that!

Clonegad beat Shannon Gaels also yesterday. Something like 2 11 to 1 07 but don't take that as official. I half heard a score on Clare fm. Gary Brennan didn't start by all accounts

How the hell did we loose to this cork team. They are brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Lost to two teams who were both destroyed the next day out. What does that say about this Clare team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

niallo27 wrote: »
    Lost to two teams who were both destroyed the next day out. What does that say about this Clare team.

It says that we need a manager who can take us forward and not backwards. One who can get the most out of our players and not have Conor McGrath playing centre field.

Thinking the exact same. Surely the county board should be questioning the performance of Clare management team now over last 2 years?

We need to have a manager that realises that we can score more than our opponents, or more importantly realise that we should concentrate on ourselves and let our opponents react to us rather than have 9 different game plans in case something happens.

From 10-15 we are as good as anyone else in the country, I'm not saying we're better, but we're as good.
    From 2-4 we're as dicey as f**k but we've great hurlers in each position, we haven't been exposed too badly in the last few years
    From 4-7 we've great attacking players, but we don't have a great "block" like we had with Doyle/McMahon/Daly. we have spent the last 2 years trying to use this line as a "backs" line, we need to realise that this is where everything is bypassed unless it's open play and then it's off you go.

8-9, I'm going to get a bit ranty here and I apologise in advance.

Midfield should be your sweepers, they should be picking off scores or doing the hard work, in the last few years Clare have decided to try to get rid of the midfeild, ffs our best wing forward the last day was started there, the best midfielder Clare ever had doesn't have any thumbs, they aren'te there to win ball, they are there to clean up and support, they are your sweepers by definition.

Looking at todays 2 games, I've no doubt that we could have won either of those games but Rushe's sending off was what we're trying to protect against, he's a brilliant player, as good as anyone in the country if not better, but he gets dragged into a battle that he's not suited for. If the batter was skills he would have beaten his opponent every day of the week, if the battle was Championship hurling in Semple then it needs something else.

Clare hurling needs to realise that we've the players to win and that we don't need to do anything to beat our opponents, we just need to setup our best team as possible and let the opposition adapt to us rather than us setup in line what we think or opponents will do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭letowski

I think defensively we were not too bad this year, if you take away the frees conceded. We didn't ship too high a score or goals. I understand we were playing sweeper the whole time, but Galway and Waterford show you can still hit a good score if you attack with proper structure. Setting up right offensively is something mostly Davy has consistently failed to achieve in his tenure. SOD up top isolated, McGrath around the 65, Golden at half forward, etc. has not properly worked and whether he is there next year or not, we desperately need someone new in the management who can bring a better strategy. I think that's Fergal Lynch's role, which is tough on him as he has no real experience at inter county coaching. Also a proper skills coach is of absolute paramount going into next year. Davy's decision not to go with one this year was a beyond awful call. Our sharpness and accuracy in our hurling was miles to where it should have been.

We a good bit off the top right now unfortunately, but I like to think if get the best of this group we will be tough to stop. We haven't won a good standard competitive game in 2 years, which is demoralizing.

just to break with the trend for the moment the club football championship started this weekend here are the scores from the first round of games , the hurling club championship will resume next weekend ( i know i know . none of us wanted to be in a possition where all we have to look forward to for the rest of the year is only club stuff at senior level :mad:)

yesterday

ennistymon 3-06 - 0-13 Eire og
    st breackens 1-14 -0-16 lissycaesy
    clondegad 2-11 -1-07 shannon gaels
    cooreclare 1-11 - 1-10 wolfe tones

today

O'currys 2-08 -0-05 kilkee
    cratloe 4-09 - 2-09 kilmurry ibrickane
    kilrush 3-09 - 1-07 doora/barefield

IFC

GROUP 1
    kilfenora 2-09 -0-10 kildysart

GROUP 2

Naomh Eoin 1-12 -1-12 Corofin
    kilmihil 2-10 - 0-8 liscannor

just to add to the club championship

the teams in the winners round are as follows

doonbeg/miltown malbay winners
    clondegad
    kilrush
    O'currys
    cratloe
    st breackens
    ennistymon
    cooreclare

the losers round looks very tough , could be an early exit for one or two big guns

eire og
    kilmurry ibrickane
    doonbeg/ miltown loosers
    lissycasey
    wolf tones
    doora/barefield
    kilkee
    shannon gaels

letowski wrote: »
    I think defensively we were not too bad this year,

In the league we conceded 9 goals, this is the most of the league.
    if you take away the frees conceded.
    Sorry, but it doesn't work like that in my world, conceding a free 65 meters out is conceding a point
    We didn't ship too high a score or goals.
    Huh???
    I understand we were playing sweeper the whole time, but Galway and Waterford show you can still hit a good score if you attack with proper structure. Setting up right offensively is something mostly Davy has consistently failed to achieve in his tenure.
    I agree 1,000,000,0000,000x1,0000 with this
    SOD up top isolated, McGrath around the 65, Golden at half forward, etc. has not properly worked and whether he is there next year or not, we desperately need someone new in the management who can bring a better strategy. I think that's Fergal Lynch's role, which is tough on him as he has no real experience at inter county coaching. Also a proper skills coach is of absolute paramount going into next year. Davy's decision not to go with one this year was a beyond awful call. Our sharpness and accuracy in our hurling was miles to where it should have been.

I was going to pick out each player point, but if ANY manager is reliant on 1 individual to perform a task then that manager has failed. FFS SoD was a sub in 2013 and now he's a critical cog, don't give me that.
    We a good bit off the top right now
    We can't reach the quarter finals which means we're just about in the top-10
    unfortunately,
    Agreed, but this isn't a recent thing, we over-relied on the team of the late 90's, we aren't Kilkenny, but FFS NO ONE ELSE IS, we've as much right as any other team to lose All Ireland's, at least get there
    but I like to think if get the best of this group we will be tough to stop.
    I agree think if we get the best of our players we'll be tough to beat, but if Antrim get the best of their players they'll be tough to beat, if Carlow get the best of their players they'll be tough t beat, if Dublin get the best of their players they'll be tough to beat, I could go through the alphabet bet ultimately they'll be beaten, no point in being tough be beaten if you're always going to be beaten, show me a close loser and I'll show you a loser, being beaten by a point here and there is grand if you want to be continue being a loser.
    We haven't won a good standard competitive game in 2 years, which is demoralizing.
    It's f**king heart breaking, the team of the 90's was based on a minor team that was central on Fitz, O'Halloran, Hegarty, Clancy,O'Connor, McMahon, Baker, F. Lohan, S. Mc that had a few lads that were close to the same age, B. Lohan, Daly, Tuohy, and a few more that would do anything they could for Clare, Doyle, O'Loughlin, O'Connell.
    Now we've 2 groups of players coming through that have gotten us 1 All Ireland what looks like no more.

just to break with the trend for the moment the club football championship started this weekend here are the scores from the first round of games , the hurling club championship will resume next weekend ( i know i know . none of us wanted to be in a possition where all we have to look forward to for the rest of the year is only club stuff at senior level :mad:)

yesterday

ennistymon 3-06 - 0-13 Eire og
    st breackens 1-14 -0-16 lissycaesy
    clondegad 2-11 -1-07 shannon gaels
    cooreclare 1-11 - 1-10 wolfe tones

today

O'currys 2-08 -0-05 kilkee
    cratloe 4-09 - 2-09 kilmurry ibrickane
    kilrush 3-09 - 1-07 doora/barefield

IFC

GROUP 1
    kilfenora 2-09 -0-10 kildysart

GROUP 2

Naomh Eoin 1-12 -1-12 Corofin
    kilmihil 2-10 - 0-8 liscannor

Any word on brawl in Ennistymon Eire Og game?
    Surprised O'Currys beat Kilkee so well with Ger Quinlan missing.

Gael85 wrote: »
    Any word on brawl in Ennistymon Eire Og game?
    Surprised O'Currys beat Kilkee so well with Ger Quinlan missing.

o' currys have a number of lads coming through from u21 and minor clare teams kilkee have had no underage for years now i would have them down as relegation candidates , although the likely hood is shannon gaels will probably go this year

there was a brawll at half time as the teams entered the tunnel it was a fairly niggly game dont think anything will come out of it it was'nt like as if any one was badly injured or anything but just one of those incedients , the two dug outs are very close to the tunnel so it esclated quickly , huge shock though Eire og are one of the favorites this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

just to add to the club championship

the teams in the winners round are as follows

doonbeg/miltown malbay winners
    clondegad
    kilrush
    O'currys
    cratloe
    st breackens
    ennistymon
    cooreclare

the losers round looks very tough , could be an early exit for one or two big guns

eire og
    kilmurry ibrickane
    doonbeg/ miltown loosers
    lissycasey
    wolf tones
    doora/barefield
    kilkee
    shannon gaels

When will the draw be made for the losers round and how will it work with 4 winners from the losers round joining the 8 teams from the first round? That will bring it to 12 teams....

Good wins for Kilmihil and Kilfenora in the intermediate championship while Naomh Eoin and Corofin drew. Haven't heard the result of Eire Og and Clarecastle

niallo27 wrote: »

You need to narrow it down a bit more, football or hurling ?

o' currys have a number of lads coming through from u21 and minor clare teams kilkee have had no underage for years now i would have them down as relegation candidates , although the likely hood is shannon gaels will probably go this year

there was a brawll at half time as the teams entered the tunnel it was a fairly niggly game dont think anything will come out of it it was'nt like as if any one was badly injured or anything but just one of those incedients , the two dug outs are very close to the tunnel so it esclated quickly , huge shock though Eire og are one of the favorites this year

Kilkee will be junior when Russell and OShea finish up.O'Currys and Naomh Eoin have done great work at juvenile level.There 4/5 players between 2 clubs on Clare minors this year.Great to see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭commonsense.

Today's Cork/Galway result should set off the alarm bells in Clare.
    Despite yer league results I thought Clare were going to have a big say in this years championship. I have now come firmly to the conclusion that Davy is simply holding back a bunch of very talented hurlers.
    What ye need us a new manager who trusts his players and allows them to express themselves. Looks like its going to be at least another year before that will happen.

Alarm bells that today Glynn won nearly every ball over Aidan Walsh, but yet Walsh completely dominated John Conlon when we played then

Boots234 wrote: »
    When will the draw be made for the losers round and how will it work with 4 winners from the losers round joining the 8 teams from the first round? That will bring it to 12 teams....

Good wins for Kilmihil and Kilfenora in the intermediate championship while Naomh Eoin and Corofin drew. Haven't heard the result of Eire Og and Clarecastle

not sure about the draw , normally it would be monday or tuesday evening on clare fm , doonbeg still have to play miltown the game was put back a week due to conor cleary's hurling involvment with the u21s so it might be after that not sure

the intermediate championship is still a minefield , corofin very unlucky last year not to go up , kilmihil have a new manager this year in michael o'shea and are now probably favorites to advance to the semi finals after this weeks result's but anything can still happen

on the other side of the draw kilfenora are putting together a decent young team and will probably top there group now , the game between eire og and clarecastle was called of this evening due to a bereavement i am led to believe

Kilkee will be junior when Russell and OShea finish up.O'Currys and Naomh Eoin have done great work at juvenile level.There 4/5 players between 2 clubs on Clare minors this year.Great to see

funny enough donal og cusack was giving out about cork's lack of underage tallent coming through and blaming guys in the county board down there
    i have also heard the arguement that some counties cant compete to the top level any more because they dont have enough money
    the reality in my opinion all that counts for nothing if the clubs are not producing the players , and it cant just be up to the same clubs to do this all the time either

a similar pattern has formed in the last number of years in clare gaa first in hurling with the likes of clonlara , cratloe , ballyea crusheen ect.. putting in the effort at under age level and producing top quality players , and giving the bigger clubs something to think about

the same for football , the current theme under age the the most likley clubs to be producing county players in the next few years will probably be the likes of corofin, kilfenora clondegad, eire og , cratloe , naomh eoin and o'currys and maybe one or two from miltown and kilmurry ibrickane but the latter not producing as much anymore at under age level
    the likes of kilrush , doonbeg, kilkee and even cooreclare ( dispite a good year last year) have all fallen well below there own standers and have little coming through from under age i expect the shift to continue for a number of years to come

Just to point out, club hurling is restarting in 2 weeks time. Bank holiday next weekend is a free weekend afaik

funny enough donal og cusack was giving out about cork's lack of underage tallent coming through and blaming guys in the county board down there
    i have also heard the arguement that some counties cant compete to the top level any more because they dont have enough money
    the reality in my opinion all that counts for nothing if the clubs are not producing the players , and it cant just be up to the same clubs to do this all the time either

a similar pattern has formed in the last number of years in clare gaa first in hurling with the likes of clonlara , cratloe , ballyea crusheen ect.. putting in the effort at under age level and producing top quality players , and giving the bigger clubs something to think about

the same for football , the current theme under age the the most likley clubs to be producing county players in the next few years will probably be the likes of corofin, kilfenora clondegad, eire og , cratloe , naomh eoin and o'currys and maybe one or two from miltown and kilmurry ibrickane but the latter not producing as much anymore at under age level
    the likes of kilrush , doonbeg, kilkee and even cooreclare ( dispite a good year last year) have all fallen well below there own standers and have little coming through from under age i expect the shift to continue for a number of years to come

I believe Cooraclare have a good minor team this year?The others are struggling big time

• Advertisement

I believe Cooraclare have a good minor team this year?The others are struggling big time

sorry you are right cooreclare have some very good players coming from that minor team peirce lillis is probably there stand out player , possibly there best senior player , think he is only 17/18 and a huge prospect for the future , but like one or two more at that club he is a very good hurler and was on the minor hurling panel this year and has is now starting regularly for ballyea , they have pretty much almost lost thomas downes and damien bourke to hurling as it is but yeah i think they had 4 or 5 on what was a fairly descent minor team this year a number of which were missing for the first game against kerry

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Just to point out, club hurling is restarting in 2 weeks time. Bank holiday next weekend is a free weekend afaik

sound for that was full sure it was next weekend , but then again was sure the bank holiday weekend was'nt until 2 weeks time. . :rolleyes:

There was talk of a peninsula team in the football last year, but Kilkee got to the quarter final so that didn't happen, I would imagine that it will happen sooner rather than later though.

There was talk of a peninsula team in the football last year, but Kilkee got to the quarter final so that didn't happen, I would imagine that it will happen sooner rather than later though.

I dont think we'll see a peninsula team for a while. Cant see Naomh Eoin/O'Currys joining at the moment either. Kilkee seem to have neglected their under age structure over last 15-20 years. Its harder for some lads to get off the team than on it. Will be between themselves and Shannon Gaels for relegation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭letowski

Clare team unchanged for tomorrows U21 match v Limerick. Hopefully the lads can do it, its a young team this year and winning this will do alot for their confidence and development in the future. Id give them a good chance at home, although Limerick have a very talented team to be fair and have minor success unlike us. The forecast seems iffy tomorrow, if it holds up it should make for a good game in a packed house.

Also, I think this is our 7th Munster U21 final in 8 years or something which is decent going in fairness.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement