Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare GAA discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

letowski wrote: »
    Clare team unchanged for tomorrows U21 match v Limerick. Hopefully the lads can do it, its a young team this year and winning this will do alot for their confidence and development in the future. Id give them a good chance at home, although Limerick have a very talented team to be fair and have minor success unlike us. The forecast seems iffy tomorrow, if it holds up it should make for a good game in a packed house.

Also, I think this is our 7th Munster U21 final in 8 years or something which is decent going in fairness.
    Some going. All ye need now is for the u21 managers to follow the u21 players up to senior level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Gael85

Clare team unchanged for tomorrows U21 match v Limerick. Hopefully the lads can do it, its a young team this year and winning this will do alot for their confidence and development in the future. Id give them a good chance at home, although Limerick have a very talented team to be fair and have minor success unlike us. The forecast seems iffy tomorrow, if it holds up it should make for a good game in a packed house.

Also, I think this is our 7th Munster U21 final in 8 years or something which is decent going in fairness.

Is Jamie Shanahan on bench or still injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭lim4ev

Fair impressive record clare should be pushing on and winning more at snr level and I think a change would serve clare well at this point in time,limerick have a young team too should be a cracker clare beat a crack Waterford side and we were luck to get over tipp and with home advantage it should favour clare.

Can't wait for it, clare u16 v limk u16 before it at 5pm I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭letowski

Gael85 wrote:
    Is Jamie Shanahan on bench or still injured?

Still injured, he was with the panel alright but not togged the last day. He just cant catch a break from injuries but this one is a right mess. He only had the operation on his shoulder mid spring which more or less takes him out for the year. I think the Bridge feel he might be able to play some part later in the year, but its probably unlikely. We could do with him on this team, as we dont have any ball winners while its a big Limerick half back line.

Its dissapointing because he got an injury free run there for about 12 months where he played well for the Bridge that won the Canon and then with the Clare u21s, and also got his first senior game v Wexford. He had good potential, but maybe not so much anymore, sadly. He played 3 years minor.

Disappointing to lose that game, Limerick were the better team, but fair play to our guys they battled hard to the finish. We can't ask for much more really.

Overall the was similarities to the senior in which we badly struggled physically and our short game was poor. It's then you realise how good the like of Podge and Galvin were for us the last few years, our short game just wasn't as accurate today. I think though Clare need to start looking at producing bigger players around midfield. I think it's becoming a huge issue now with Clare hurling, we only have like 2 actual ball winners in our senior championship 24 (Conlon and Peter Duggan), if Conlon gets injured were badly stuck. Our minor team had a few bigger lads so hopefully we can get some from there. Limerick we well set up, their half backline played deep and the brought Cian Lynch out the field and succeeded in dominating possession and cutting space off to our lads.

The lads can be proud of their efforts this year and they were close today. Alot of players have improved hugely since minor and today's game in front of 15,000 will stand to them. There's some very talented players there and nearly all are underage again so hopefully they can give a good shot at it next year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Disappointing end to what has been a great few years.

They got a handy few frees that brought them back to life and we never got going again. They out fought us then for the remainder and the goal we needed never looked likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

A lot of over carrying and running into dead ends - Limerick must have scored five or six points from turning over the ball from those mistakes. A few intercepted puckouts too. Clare full back line was fairly solid. Conor Cleary was excellent. Shane O'Donnell was disappointing though. Worrying that he was kept under control by a lad who I think was playing minor last year. Some of Limerick players look very good. Diarmuid Byrnes and Ronan Lynch were rock solid. Cian Lynch was fantastic yesterday, his speed and ball control is frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Did SO'D just peak too early in the season or something ?

During the national league he was brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

A lot of over carrying and running into dead ends - Limerick must have scored five or six points from turning over the ball from those mistakes. A few intercepted puckouts too. Clare full back line was fairly solid. Conor Cleary was excellent. Shane O'Donnell was disappointing though. Worrying that he was kept under control by a lad who I think was playing minor last year. Some of Limerick players look very good. Diarmuid Byrnes and Ronan Lynch were rock solid. Cian Lynch was fantastic yesterday, his speed and ball control is frightening.

FB was excellent, as he was against Waterford, the no.4 was brutal and could easily have walked for consistent fouling, he even foulded the corner forward who had no hurl at one stage and Lynch rifled over the free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

danganabu wrote: »
    FB was excellent, as he was against Waterford, the no.4 was brutal and could easily have walked for consistent fouling, he even foulded the corner forward who had no hurl at one stage and Lynch rifled over the free.

+1. Think it was for the fourth foul that he picked up the yellow. That one without the hurl was a poor one to concede tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Is that not a consequence of the Clare strategy i.e. short puck outs, short passes? The strategy breaks down when there's nobody in support of the 'runner' which happened on occasion last night. I thought O'Donnell played well under the circumstances considering the attention he was getting and the fact that he was being double/triple marked at times.

It was more difficult I think for the management this year as it was more or less a new young team. Up til our 3 in a row we had players like David Mc, Morey, Galvin from the back that were excellent bringing the ball out from the back. I think tge team will learn this year and hopefilly get better next year. It was clear that Limerick were the more succesful team, they made less mistakes under pressure.

I dont know what is peoples opinions on Clares style of play. I think Davy and Maloney/Maloney/O'Connors philosohy of a short game is ok as we have a very small group of player right now. I dont think the Clare u21 mgmt had much choice in playing the ball short against an a over 6'3 LK half back line playing deep. Davy's over defensive set is very frustrating no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭68deville

It was more difficult I think for the management this year as it was more or less a new young team. Up til our 3 in a row we had players like David Mc, Morey, Galvin from the back that were excellent bringing the ball out from the back. I think tge team will learn this year and hopefilly get better next year. It was clear that Limerick were the more succesful team, they made less mistakes under pressure.

I dont know what is peoples opinions on Clares style of play. I think Davy and Maloney/Maloney/O'Connors philosohy of a short game is ok as we have a very small group of player right now. I dont think the Clare u21 mgmt had much choice in playing the ball short against an a over 6'3 LK half back line playing deep. Davy's over defensive set is very frustrating no doubt.

And there the problem is with clare,when the keeper has to give it long the HF line is under massive pressure, watched Clare's keeper last year in senior puck
    Half a dozen balls down on one side to the pitch to his forwards and Wexfords Andrew Shore thought it was his birthday,he fielded ever puck out that came his way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

round up of this weekends championship results

winners group

clonlara 3-14 1-11 o'callaghans mills
    N.O.F 0-13 1-11 clooney/quinn
    sixmilebridge 0-17 1-12 crusheen
    ballyea 0-21 1-14 kilmaley

losers group

eire og 0-16 1-09 tubber
    tulla 1-12 0-13 feekle
    cratloe 1-21 1-17 whitegate
    inagh/kilnamona 3-18 -0-21 clarecastle

intermediate championship
    partin 1-19 - 2-13 scarriff
    wolfe tones 4-18 0-07 inagh/kilnamona
    smith o'briens 2-20 - 2-08 clarecastle
    doora/barefield 5-23 0-03 ogonnelloe
    ruan 1-16 - 0-09 cratloe
    broadford 2-22 0-15 corofin
    newmarket 1-12 -2-08 crusheen
    sixmilebridge 4-20 0-09 killenana

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

This was the only match I was at all weekend and I have no ties to either club, but if that ref ever gets another game in Clare it's a disgrace, once of the worst displays from a man in the middle that I've ever seen, not only was he not up to the pace but he seemed hell bent on making sure that Clooney/Quin didn't lose.

round up of this weekends championship results

winners group

clonlara 3-14 1-11 o'callaghans mills
    sixmilebridge 0-17 1-12 crusheen
    ballyea 0-21 1-14 kilmaley

losers group

eire og 0-16 1-09 tubber
    tulla 1-12 0-13 feekle
    cratloe 1-21 1-17 whitegate
    inagh/kilnamona 3-18 -0-21 clarecastle

intermediate championship
    partin 1-19 - 2-13 scarriff
    wolfe tones 4-18 0-07 inagh/kilnamona
    smith o'briens 2-20 - 2-08 clarecastle
    doora/barefield 5-23 0-03 ogonnelloe
    ruan 1-16 - 0-09 cratloe
    broadford 2-22 0-15 corofin
    newmarket 1-12 -2-08 crusheen
    sixmilebridge 4-20 0-09 killenana

draw for the play off rounds and relegation play off monday evening
    big shock for clarecastle to find themselves in the relegation play off with feekle , tubber and whitegate

big result today for tulla, had a couple of bad years behind them , big derby with neighbors feekle the win keeps them senior and in the hat for the play offs , cratloe and eire og's narrow victory's suggests that both will have to up the anti for the next round if they are to have a say in things later on . great win for inagh/ kilnamona who probably got the short straw when the draw was made

tony kelly scored 12 of ballyea's tally today for there big win over kilmaley , and setting themselves up as real contenders now with cratloe previously accounted for ,to better that yessterday niall gilligan scored 0-10 of sixmilebridge's 0-17 points against dogged crusheen , clonlara in my opinion still look like the team to beat with a big win over the mills , while the result of the round has to go to clooney/quinn and there one point win over newmarket on fergus , when not many were giving them a chance

the teams in the 1/4 are

ballyea
    sixmilebridge
    clooney/qunn
    clonlara

the playoff teams
    cratloe
    eire og
    tulla
    inagh/kilnamona

will meet one of

newmarket
    crusheen
    kilmaley
    o'callaghans mills

the 4 winners will progress to the 1/4 finals .

Clareman wrote: »
    This was the only match I was at all weekend and I have no ties to either club, but if that ref ever gets another game in Clare it's a disgrace, once of the worst displays from a man in the middle that I've ever seen, not only was he not up to the pace but he seemed hell bent on making sure that Clooney/Quin didn't lose.

was'nt there but heard the same thing yesterday , these things do happen quite regularly at this level especially if refferees get there noses up at criticism early on to be fair it is a great achievement for clooney/quinn to get this far but these things do happen as far as refs are concerned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

I was there too and as a neutral I can only agree , was amazed game didn't boil over as a result and thought there would be more "afters" , clooney did well and missed a lot of score able frees , still hard to see either lift silverware

tony kelly scored 12 of ballyea's tally today for there big win over kilmaley , and setting themselves up as real contenders now with cratloe previously accounted for ,to better that yessterday niall gilligan scored 0-10 of sixmilebridge's 0-17 points against dogged crusheen , clonlara in my opinion still look like the team to beat with a big win over the mills , while the result of the round has to go to clooney/quinn and there one point win over newmarket on fergus , when not many were giving them a chance

Clonlara look very strong alright, I was looking at their team sheet, they have an array of attacking talent. Stack knows how to win county championships too.
    I was at the Bridge v Crusheen game, wasnt a bad hour of hurling, a good battle that will stand to both teams. Crusheen could have snuck a draw with too bad wides at the end, but they will be back. The bridge didnt start Seadna Morey and keep their unbeaten record this year. They look good too, the have the Kerry manager Eamonn Kelly as selector and are well setup. Yeah the young lad of the Niall Gilligan's is playing well too.
    I wouldnt rule out Cratloe despite their not so good form and Podges injury. Like last year both county senior teams are out now and they have full access to their players. Once they get into their schdule I think they will be back on form and tough to beat. Ballyea look good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

was'nt there but heard the same thing yesterday , these things do happen quite regularly at this level especially if refferees get there noses up at criticism early on to be fair it is a great achievement for clooney/quinn to get this far but these things do happen as far as refs are concerned

Early on he chose to ignore CQs star forward who was certainly very "up" for the game, to put it charitably.
    I think the ref was hellbent on aiding Clooney whatever happened, you'd wonder if his close association with the Clare seniors and their forwards coach had anything to do with it, which or whether it was a very shoddy refereeing performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Eire og vs crusheen
    Cratloe vs mills
    Newmarket vs tulla
    Kilamley vs inagh

That's the draw anyway. Not an easy one for us townies. Hopefully utilise the pace of some of our forwards. Going to have to work and battle very hard though. Hopefully reidy will be back but not sure about that 30 day transfer rule.

Cratloe should get past the mills by 5 points or so.
    Newmarket to win handy enough.
    Kilmaley v inagh should be quite a tight affair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

That's a good draw, 4 fairly equal matchups there, I'd agree with LuckyGent's predictions.

So, the play offs take place in 2 weeks, that's the weekend of the 22nd, I assume they'll be giving another 2 week until the next round, oh wait, that's the first weekend in September, better make it the second weekend in Sept for the quarter finals, 2 more weeks for the semi finals and then the final in October.

apparently the next round of hurling championship games , some of the fixtures are set for cusack park , i have not been home in the last few weeks and have'nt been in that part of town in a while , what is the story with the construction of cusack . . . has it stalled again or are they going to play while under construction ,

i know they are changing the roof of the stand and putting in new changing rooms and toilet facilities but is there going to be any major changes to the seated stand dose any one know if there will be a capacity increase in tearms of seating ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Figerty

apparently the next round of hurling championship games , some of the fixtures are set for cusack park , i have not been home in the last few weeks and have'nt been in that part of town in a while , what is the story with the construction of cusack . . . has it stalled again or are they going to play while under construction ,

i know they are changing the roof of the stand and putting in new changing rooms and toilet facilities but is there going to be any major changes to the seated stand dose any one know if there will be a capacity increase in tearms of seating ?

Rumour has is it that the gates were down last weekend and they need Cusack park up and running to keep the income levels up. A double head only needs the same number of stiles open etc. Of course those lads weren't being paid...

some massive shocks in the football championship this weekend with last years finalists Eire og heading into the relagation after a loss to lissycasey play off along with doonbeg who were fairly well beaten by kilkee today they will be joined by last years intermeidate champions Wolfe tones and shannon gales

in the winners group there were comfortable wins for kilrush and clondegad yesterday while today miltown did enough to see off ennistymon , the biggest shock came this evening when cooraclare held off a late cratloe rally to progress to the last 8 , it was cratloe's first defeat since 2012 in the championship .

SFC RESULTS

Winners Group
    Clondegad 2-16 0-10 O'Curry's
    Kilrush 1-09 0-07 St Breackens
    Miltown 0-11 0-09 Ennistymon
    Cooraclare 1-09 1-08 Cratloe

Losers group
    Lissycasey 0-08 0-06 Eire Og
    Doora/Barefield 2-08 0-11 Wolfe Tones
    kilkee 1-10 0-08 Doonbeg
    K.I.B 1-25 0-04 Shannon Gales

Teams in 1/4 final
    Clondegad
    Kilrush
    Miltown
    Cooraclare

Teams in play/off
    Lissycasey
    Doora/Barefield
    kilkee
    K.I.B
    O'Curry's
    St Breackens
    Ennistymon
    Cratloe

Teams in relagation Play/off
    Eire Og
    Wolfe Tones
    Doonbeg
    Shannon Gales

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Are you trying to say that the Labasheeda lads are a bit windy, shepherd ??

tatoo wrote: »
    Are you trying to say that the Labasheeda lads are a bit windy, shepherd ??

never actually noticed that sorry .......bloody predictive text!!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

If anybodies interested, the intermediate relegation playoff between Killanena and Ogonnelloe will be live on Scariff Bay radio from 6 today.

Does anyone have any results from the weekend??

Does anyone have any results from the weekend??

not many games down for today in the senior championship only one game in the park this evening

inagh/kilnmona play kilmaley at 6: 15 this evening

clarecastle beat newmarket 2-12 to 2-10 in the intermediate losers round

cratloe and crusheen drew in the relegation play /off 0-14 apiece

that killlanena v ogonnelloe game is on at 6 as mentioned above

doora/barefield play corofin at half 5 in the other game today in the IHC losers round

other then that we are all suffering withdrawal symptoms watching tg4 for the first time in about 4 years no u21 semi final for us :(

• Advertisement

I'm a day ahead of myself so, I thought there were a load of games in the park today, strange playing the intermediate before the senior.

Tommorow's games in the championship here's how i see it going

SHC Playoff Round

1pm All Games in the Park

Eire Og v Crusheen

verdict eire og

5pm

Cratloe v O'Callaghans Mills

verdict cratloe

6:30 pm

N.O.F v Tulla

verdict N.O.F

SHC Relegation play/off

12pm in shannon

clarecastle v feakle

Verdict clarecastle

12pm sixmilebridge

tubber v whitegate

verdict whitegate

I'm a day ahead of myself so, I thought there were a load of games in the park today, strange playing the intermediate before the senior.

both divisions are now the same size after they restructured things last year i presume with cratloe ,clarecastle newmarket and crusheen playing tomorrow it makes sense playing there intermediate games today

also would expect kilmaley to beat the combo this evening too

Looks like Kilmaley won by 6 points.

In regards to having the intermediates play first, this would be a big advantage to a team with small(ish) picks and some injuries, a senior manager might be reluctant to put on an intermediate sub whereas if they're already out that won't make a difference.

big shock in the relegation playoff as feakle comfortably accounted for clarecastle , tubber will meet them in the final after there one point loss against whitegate , in the 3rd round play off crusheen had 4 points to spare on eire og

relegation playoff

feakle 3-17 -1-13 clarecastle

whitegate 1-14 - 0-16

3rd round play/off

Crusheen 1-17 - 0-16 Eire og

Any updates?

Any updates?

this place was a bit upside down last night , couldnt log in

newmarket finished strongly to see of tulla to win 1-17 to 0-13 colin ryan with 0-14 of the blues tally

cratloe finshed pulling up far too soon and almost left red faced when conceding 3 late goals from aidan donovan two of which came from 21 meter frees , connor mcgrath and shane gleason did most of the scoring for the county champions but a big improvement needed the next day final score 3-19 to 3-14

the draw was made eariler this evening for the 1/4 finals

clooney/quinn v crusheen

ballyea v kilmaley

sixmilebridge v cratloe

clonlara v newmarket

the semi finals were also drawing out tonight

ballyea/ kilmaley v clonlara/newmarket

sixmilebridge/cratloe v clooney/quinn

the IHC 1/4 finals

broadford v clarecastle

wolfe tones v corofin

parteen v sixmilebridge

smith o'briens v ruan/ scarriff

Some good games there. I think Clon, Crusheen and Ballyea to win. I dont want to call the last one. Cratloe arent in great form and down Podge, but there will be no motivation to perform needed against their neighbours. Cratloe have more stars but maybe a physical, workmanlike win for the Bridge here. Big game for Kilmaley too, they have alot of good young players and with underage success. This would be a big step for them to make the last 4.

I'd say Newmarket will win the championship this year, as the conditions get worse they'll get stronger, helps that they don't have to worry about football either.

Other games I'd say Crusheen, Ballyea and Cratloe to win.

Clareman wrote:
    I'd say Newmarket will win the championship this year, as the conditions get worse they'll get stronger, helps that they don't have to worry about football either.

True but this is a serious forward unit Clonlara can put out. It will be a good game, Newmarket no how to get wins at the business end of the championship.

• Advertisement

Yeah, they are a bit over reliant on Colin Ryan though for their scores. Then again, any of the teams left in it could win it.

Other games I'd say Crusheen, Ballyea and Cratloe to win.

they still are no mugs , probably the best defensive side out of the 8 remaining , they do have shane o'brian and probably one of there best forwards ronan goode involved with doonbeg next weekend in a relagation play off so even they have a few involved

clonlara have the most attacking team of the 8 but are going to find tough against a far more physical newmarket the crusheen game last year would be a good example

big ask for kilmaley to overturn the depict from the first round game aginst ballyea

the conditions will defiantly suite crusheen from here on out and they will have a big say yet

i would give the nod to the bridge in the other game , they were possibly the closest team to knocking them out of the championship last year , this year cratloe dont look the same

I guess the location of a lot of the games will have a lot to do with the winners, the Park would suit Newmarket, Clarecastle would suit Crusheen.

I can't see Kilmaley beating Ballyea, they might have work the under 21 recently but I think they're a bit away from figuring yet.

I guess the location of a lot of the games will have a lot to do with the winners, the Park would suit Newmarket, Clarecastle would suit Crusheen.

I can't see Kilmaley beating Ballyea, they might have work the under 21 recently but I think they're a bit away from figuring yet.
    Conor Cleary definitely out. Kilmaley will be short four. Full back, Centre back, Corner back and mid-field.
    Daire Keane still working his way back from injury. Ballyea should be raging hot favorites. The score the last day flattered Kilmaley

Figerty wrote: »
    Conor Cleary definitely out. Kilmaley will be short four. Full back, Centre back, Corner back and mid-field.
    Daire Keane still working his way back from injury. Ballyea should be raging hot favorites. The score the last day flattered Kilmaley

Yeah, Alan Markham at full back was a bit of a stretch alright, can't see them doing anything against Ballyea either. Considering they got to the playoffs every year in then 00s they are constantly underachieving, considering the players they had only 1 county championship is a very poor return. Clancy, Lynch, Markham and McMahon were all established intercounty players and then they had a few more decent club players.

Yeah, Alan Markham at full back was a bit of a stretch alright, can't see them doing anything against Ballyea either. Considering they got to the playoffs every year in then 00s they are constantly underachieving, considering the players they had only 1 county championship is a very poor return. Clancy, Lynch, Markham and McMahon were all established intercounty players and then they had a few more decent club players.

The last 10-15 years in Clare have been great from a club point of view. There have been 10 or 12 different winners of the Championship since 2000. Any teams that won one would glad to have on. Crusheen are the exception having won two with a small population base. Tulla, Clonlara, Newmarket, Clarecastle, Sixmilebridge, Wolfe Tones, Crusheen, Barefield.

Eire Og are probably the most obvious under achiever.

few games in the football championship today , ocurrys are the 5th team through to the 1/4 finals while shannon gaels and wolfe tones will contest the relegation play/off , in the IFC kilfanora will meet the losers of tommorows kilmihil/corofin game in the semi final clarecastle will face the winners , while in the intermediate hurling championship scariff will meet smith o'briens in the 1/4 after beating ruan in a replay today
    SFC playoff round

O'currry's 0-07 -0-06 lissycaesy

relegation playoff
    doonbeg 1-12 1-07 wolfe tones
    eire og , 1-15-0-10 shannon gaels

IFC Group 1

kilfanora 0-13 0-10 clarecastle
    kildysart , 1-12 -1-08 eire og

IHC Play off replay

scarriff 2-14 - 0-14 ruan

the remaining 3 games in the play off round took place today st breckans young side progressed to the 1/4 final after a 2 point win over doora barefield , cratloe bounced back with a comfortable win over kilkee as expected and will be the team everyone will want to avoid in tomorrow evening's draw , the big shock came in the early throw in in the park as ennistymon knocked out kilmurry ibrickane , enda ralph's goal the diffrence between the sides , the north clare club have put together a string of under age success in recent years and looks like its starting to pay off , they will be a dangerous side for anyone from here on

SFC

Ennistymon 1-09 - 0-09 K.I.B

Cratloe 0-20 - 1-05 kilkee

St Breckans 2-15 - 2-13 Doora/Barefield

IFC

Kilmihil 0-16 - 1-12 Corofin

Liscannor 1-11 0-09 Naomh Eoin

Ennistymon is a big shock alright, I thought when Colin Lynch was over them a few years ago that they'd be a serious outfit but they didn't go anywhere, they could be the dark horses. Cratloe have to be the favourites this stage.

• Advertisement

Ennistymon is a big shock alright, I thought when Colin Lynch was over them a few years ago that they'd be a serious outfit but they didn't go anywhere, they could be the dark horses. Cratloe have to be the favourites this stage.

yeah they have been expected to make a serious impression on the championship with a while now but in truth the age profile of there current team is still fairly young , it would be a huge ask for cratloe to win again , they are playing a game a week at the moment with the football and hurling after there results against cooraclare in the football and maybe the slight collapse against the mills in the hurling last week could be a sign they are starting to tire a small bit , in fairness they have serious mile's on the clock at this stage , clondegad have serious fire power with the likes of podge mcmahon and the brennans , they also have the likes of gudige o'connell paul flanagan and tony kelly from the ballyea side aswell tony is also a fairly descent footballer, miltown are getting stronger too eoin cleary is one of the best forwards in the county and seanie malone has huge potential he was fantastic for the clare minors this year

it would be harder to call this year then last year kilrush went close a few years ago and cooraclare will be out to prove they are no flash in the pan , its quiet possible one of the younger squads could run the legs off cratloe which would be unheard of

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement