Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler going on and off

• 28-01-2010 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I have a Lamborghini gas boiler and its a heartbreak. The sunvic clock which controls it has been replaced twice in the last 6 mths. The boiler keeps switching on and off like an indicator and will not start up fully. Its like its trying to but cant. The clock was replaced and it fixed the problem but the problem has returned again. Anyone have similar problems how did you handle it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

I've no real experience with Lam boilers, sounds like you've constant boiler control problems, all gas boiler works must be carried out by an RGI person, not sure on electrical end, I know a few electricians who've stopped working with gas boilers due to regulations.

Not a lot you can do only ring an RGI person. If you have a few quid maybe look into replacing boiler if past warranty, have a condensing gas boiler fitted, you might be able to avail of a grant after jobs complete.

RGI gas person posting here called Gary, he might have some Lam experience, give it a while I'd say he'll respond.

Best of luck.

No experience with them, but i would want to prove if it were a boiler fault or external electrics, i would do that by making sure the boiler has a permanent live going to it and link out the external controls, this brings everything back to the boiler, so if it still does it then it's a boiler fault, if it stops doing it then it's external electrics.
    A lot of boilers are wired wrong so check the fitting instructions for wiring requirements, the permanent power for the boiler should not go via a programmer or zone valve, you would be best off finding a RGII boiler Technician who can work both sides of the problem Rather than electrician and installer, also you would have to deal with this fault first before looking at performance of the boiler, Gary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Wondering could it be a simular fault to that which occured on the Vokera where the red light on the boiler kept coming on and it switched itself off. Turned out it was a fault on the circuit board.

Advertisement