Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Putting a Deposit on an Item

Options
  • 28-01-2010 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

recently i put a 100 euro deposit on an item due to be in stock next week.

does that mean i am now legally obliged to buy that item or can i decline it & get my deposit back ?

many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

all depends on the terms and conditions that you agreed to.

But generally speaking deposits are there to secure the item for yourself and should you choose not to buy the item the retailer can legally keep your deposit. Enforcing you to buy the item might not be as simple.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

afaik technically you could be forced to pay the balance for the item, but in practice I doubt this happens much. But you would forfeit your deposit if you dont want the item. Otherwise what is the point of a deposit? Its to provide security to the seller that you will come back and take the item specially held or ordered for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

thanks guys

Advertisement