Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Ultimate Team 10

Options
  • 28-01-2010 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭

http://fifa.easports.com/enIE/media.action#mediaId=phamU1MTpJccGDBrxyYVcuUblqPjzGlY

I watched the video above, have to say this sounds like its going to be good.

It looks like you can have different squads of players, some tournaments only allow max 2 star teams (etc), so you won't constantly be facing 99-99-99 Attack-Mid-Def all the time

It mentions a watch list, hopefully you can't watch specific cards, or it'll be next to impossible to pick off a cheap player that you want.

It would be nice if this all worked smoothly, unlike the massive server problems (especially at the start) and game breaking bugs which plagued the last Ultimate Team.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

When is it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

They have just been saying "February" since its been announced. I'd say they weren't even sure themselves as its still under heavy development.

It was confirmed for the 25th of February, yesterday. Hopefully its not bug ridden when it does finally come out, but after all the bugs in the "improved" manager mode, and last years Ultimate team, I'm don't hold much hope, even though it sounds vastly improved on last years version (which was still pretty good, bar the bugs!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Savage! That is all...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Last one was good. Had some flaws though which really need to be addressed.

There was no Play a Friend option. Thats unforgivable tbh as half the point of this mode was to build a team and pit it against other people....and its always better against people you know.

Secondly, They need to alter the contract system or allow modes where you can play a game with no contracts being used and maybe limit the coins that can be won.

The idea of 2 and 3 star tourneys is a good one. Something for people who hate the 99-99-99 aspect of the old one.

Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

Kirby wrote: »
    Secondly, They need to alter the contract system or allow modes where you can play a game with no contracts being used and maybe limit the coins that can be won.
    Looking forward to it.

i enjoyed the last one but the contracts really annoyed me, they should have it that playing online only affects contract length.

• Advertisement

Last one was good. Had some flaws though which really need to be addressed.

There was no Play a Friend option. Thats unforgivable tbh as half the point of this mode was to build a team and pit it against other people....and its always better against people you know.

The idea of 2 and 3 star tourneys is a good one. Something for people who hate the 99-99-99 aspect of the old one.

Looking forward to it.

If you hand out coins (albeit less than normal), without losing contracts, then its money for jam.

They've apparently extended contracts, so it puts less pressure on the player this time, so that'll do nicely enough.

I think they've cut out the training option, so no more 99-99-99.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I don't know, i think the whole ultimate team was a stupid idea from a personal standpoint.

Especially when you go off to play online. It is absolutely no fun at all when you play online, because 80% of the time I ran into a team of animals (Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Torres, Gerrard etc.) all the savages.

Not to mention the team creation should've been more..creative...

Like, I hated the idea of having a random kit belonging to a real football team, with an emblem belonging to yet another real football team (eg: having a man united jersey with a chelsea badge for you're emblem)

I would've liked it if you could make your own jersey, I dno if it's gonna be put in this one though, i doubt it.

Having you're pro in the game seems like the only good thing i like about it. But its no fun when you're playin against people who have the same players as you. I like realism with a bit of creativity, this is just daft.

Call me a weirdo if that's what I'm being. lol but i really dislike ultimate team.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

"weirdo"...:D

gamercfc wrote: »
    Like, I hated the idea of having a random kit belonging to a real football team, with an emblem belonging to yet another real football team (eg: having a man united jersey with a chelsea badge for you're emblem)

I see what you mean about this piece alright. I used the Chester City badge for my team, just because it doesn't have their name on it, so its more generic.

A bit pointless to have my team called 'Kilkenny City', and have 'Manchester United Football Club' plastered on my teams crest.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    A bit pointless to have my team called 'Kilkenny City', and have 'Manchester United Football Club' plastered on my teams crest.

Yeah, I just get easily put off by things like that. Its enough to make me not play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

gamercfc wrote: »
    I don't know, i think the whole ultimate team was a stupid idea from a personal standpoint.

Especially when you go off to play online. It is absolutely no fun at all when you play online, because 80% of the time I ran into a team of animals (Ronaldo, Messi, Rooney, Torres, Gerrard etc.) all the savages.

Not to mention the team creation should've been more..creative...

I would've liked it if you could make your own jersey, I dno if it's gonna be put in this one though, i doubt it.

Having you're pro in the game seems like the only good thing i like about it. But its no fun when you're playin against people who have the same players as you. I like realism with a bit of creativity, this is just daft.

Call me a weirdo if that's what I'm being. lol but i really dislike ultimate team.

I get what you are saying about everyone having the same team, but not everyone was like that. some people had imagination and created cool teams.

My team for example, was very diverse. Every twelve year old and his brother wanted Ronaldo. I filled my team with lots of good players, but only guys that actual fans knew about. Like Jesus Navas. And Riquelme. Great players in real life too but hardly anyone else had them which made it cool. The only "name" I had in my team was Ballack I suppose.

I rubbished the original when it came out and called it pointless but then I got the trial and really warmed to it. was a great little time sink. You should give the new one a try when it comes out.

I rubbished the original when it came out and called it pointless but then I got the trial and really warmed to it. was a great little time sink. You should give the new one a try when it comes out.

No doubt I will, regardless of how much I hated the first one. I do this alot though, jump on the hate wagon only to like it later... It wasn't the case for Ultimate Team 09 but maybe I can be convinced in this one...

I'm not expecting too much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

The one thing that concerns me is that they halved the price of the game to 400ms points, this makes me think that the game will be more depended on microtransations.

Just bringing this thread back to the top since its out shortly! Looking forward to it, hopefully its as good as it looks and the 400 ms points is a bargain rather than them dropping the price because its not as good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

yeah will be grabbing this tommorrow, can't wait to open my first pack :)

The calm before the Ultimate team storm....when I heard about the idea last year, I thought it wasn't interesting at all (trading cards, meh), I just tried it because you had 5 games free. Turns out it was pretty damn addictive. Definitely worth the purchase, despite the teething problems.

I hope this is released right as I get home, so I won't be too far behind and I won't have to wait to play it either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have 5000 MS in my account lying around. May go bonkers here :) I've always enjoyed playing trading card games, and UT 10 seems to have ironed out alot of the flaws from UT09.

The fact that training cards only temporarily increases stats is brilliant imho. I have a 99 Berbatov and Andy Johnson last year :p

Its there to download now - 690mb download

Cmon download faster you ba**ard!!!

Axwell wrote: »
    Its there to download now - 690mb download

Cmon download faster you ba**ard!!!

My gf is on her day off and downloading it for me. 30 kb/s lol. Should get playing in early 2012. Or maybe 10 pm.

I'm nearly looking forward to the release of Ultimate Team, more than the release of FIFA. Won't get to play it until after work.

You only realise how addictive it can be until you start to play it. Hopefully they've included the play a friend option this time.

Everytime I won a trophy, it froze during the cutscene celebration for me last year. I hope thats fixed. I must have won most of the trophies, but none of them get recorded at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My gf is on her day off and downloading it for me. 30 kb/s lol. Should get playing in early 2012. Or maybe 10 pm.

Can it be d/loaded on to USB and then installed??

How much does 400ms point equate to euro??
    Rooney10 wrote: »
    I'm nearly looking forward to the release of Ultimate Team, more than the release of FIFA. Won't get to play it until after work.

You only realise how addictive it can be until you start to play it. Hopefully they've included the play a friend option this time.

Everytime I won a trophy, it froze during the cutscene celebration for me last year. I hope thats fixed. I must have won most of the trophies, but none of them get recorded at all.

I loved it last year until I got bored of almost every team playing with 99 teams and 99 speed players!

Is there many changes this year?

thewools wrote: »

I loved it last year until I got bored of almost every team playing with 99 teams and 99 speed players!

Well there will be no 99-99-99 teams this year as training cards are only temporary. That means having Ronaldo will be worth far more than Ryan Shawcross playing up front with maxed out stats.

Anyone know the pack options and pricing. i hear you get bronze, Silver and Gold again this year, but you can also get bumber packs which have loads of cards? Anyone with more concrete info?

thewools wrote: »

As said before, training cards look like they are temporary which helps.

You have the option of having different squads, so you can play 2, or 3 star squads, so you don't fancy 99-99-99 all the time. Thats my understanding anyway.

Had to go out for a while but back now and about to play it so will update shortly with first impressions!

Right started it up and havent played a match yet but gone through the video intros and looked around a bit.

No play a friend option as far as I can see which is a bit annoying, thought this would be added this time..

Chemistry is pretty much the same however this time not only does formation or nationality give you a boost but also if they play in the same league or for the same club in real life.

You get 2 free packs if you had UT 09 which is nice, and a different intro video which says we see you have played Ultimate team before so heres whats new..

Packs are split into two types..eg gold pack and premium gold packs

Gold pack
    12 players, mostly gold, 1 rare
    cost: 5000 coins or 80 ms points

Premium pack
    12 items, mostly gold, 3 rare
    cost: 7500 coins or 120 ms points

Same format for Silver and Bronze but you cant buy bronze with ms points just coins.

New feature of the search is also if you are looking at your team you can select a player and get it to search for a player that will have good chemistry with that player and fit into your team

Also has a watch list for when you want to keep an eye on certain players and there seems to be a new feature based on it where a player goes up for auction and whoever bids highest gets him but you have a set time limit to place your bid. Seems similar to waiting for the last minute to bid on a player in UT 09 but this time its in a preset mode from what I can see.

One major change which I think is great is the my club section. Last year when you bought a gold pack and it had kits etc you had to either discard them, use them or send them to the trade pile. With UT 10 you can store everything in your club. You have a my club menu where you go in and can see all staff, kits, players, trophies, stadiums etc that you own and then from there decide what to do with them, you can make a kit active and still keep the other one, you can discard them or send them to the trade pile or just keep them. It contains all you players, kits and badges for that league in a similar way to the sticker album format last season where you could see everything you collected. But being able to stockpile them is a huge addition.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm just not getting what this is at all!!

Trading cards? Do you not actually play the game with the players??

In answer to an earlier posters question 400MS points is worth 5 euro!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I'm just not getting what this is at all!!

Trading cards? Do you not actually play the game with the players??

In answer to an earlier posters question 400MS points is worth 5 euro!

Lol what a UT noob...yes you play games online and get coins for winning, you use the coins to buy other players and build up your squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Anyone want to gameshare? lol
    I've only €4.65 in my paypal account :(
    Anyone want to gameshare for €4.65? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ultimate team = very meh. Wouldnt bother my arse giving Ea more money after the tripe that is Fifa 10 this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

downloaded it and when I go into the ultimate team secetion it says it has'nt downloaded yet.. Anybody any ideas ?? Im on ps3 by the way..

Advertisement