Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Ultimate Team 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

have to say its nice not having to play against insane custom formations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    downloaded it and when I go into the ultimate team secetion it says it has'nt downloaded yet.. Anybody any ideas ?? Im on ps3 by the way..

Mine got stuck at 22% when I went to "Download in Background" - I went to Network / Download Management and cancelled it.

So maybe yours got stuck too??

I cancelled and I am d/loading it again now... 51% - 19mins left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Has Ultimate team gone down already, it won't let me in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Has Ultimate team gone down already, it won't let me in

Fine for me anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Just got Messi in a pack. STOKED. Straight onto the market you go my friend. Easy 65k.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The systems itself is ok, but the players you come up against combined with inherent flaws in the FIFA 10 game engine...grr? :P It's like they took all the w@nkers that you normally play online in FIFA, distilled them into a super-concentrated form and gave them access to UT10.

-Took 13-14 attempts to get a game on average because if people see a better team than theirs, they back out and search for another opponent.

-The players that do actually play you have wonderteams and/or are superbly talented.

-On 3 occasions I won, my xbox froze after I won just before the final results screened. When I restarted the xbox, I was told I forfeited the last game and not I get aboy half the points i should get because there is a DNF multiplier which penalizes quitters. It seems like people have a way of forcing you to disconnect.

-I was force fed so many celebrations, triple replays, shhs, hand-to-ear etc that it was rediculous.

-Scripting is still an issue. I hit the post 6 times in 1 game and had 18 shots on goal. Didn't score once. My opponent has one shot on goal all match, 30 yards, goes through keepers legs. My controller has a crack in it now.

I'm hgoing to give it another go over the weekend, but someone here may be offered 4000 ms points worth of players for about 20 quid come Sunday...Kaka with 99 contract anyone?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The systems itself is ok, but the players you come up against combined with inherent flaws in the FIFA 10 game engine...grr? :P It's like they took all the w@nkers that you normally play online in FIFA, distilled them into a super-concentrated form and gave them access to UT10.

-Took 13-14 attempts to get a game on average because if people see a better team than theirs, they back out and search for another opponent.

-The players that do actually play you have wonderteams and/or are superbly talented.

-On 3 occasions I won, my xbox froze after I won just before the final results screened. When I restarted the xbox, I was told I forfeited the last game and not I get aboy half the points i should get because there is a DNF multiplier which penalizes quitters. It seems like people have a way of forcing you to disconnect.

-I was force fed so many celebrations, triple replays, shhs, hand-to-ear etc that it was rediculous.

-Scripting is still an issue. I hit the post 6 times in 1 game and had 18 shots on goal. Didn't score once. My opponent has one shot on goal all match, 30 yards, goes through keepers legs. My controller has a crack in it now.

I'm hgoing to give it another go over the weekend, but someone here may be offered 4000 ms points worth of players for about 20 quid come Sunday...Kaka with 99 contract anyone?

I've had the compete opposite experience. I had to search 4 times for one game, but the rest were all under 2, the majority of people just played me straight away, whether they had a better team or not.

Its unbelievable how rubbish people are when you take away Messi, Ronaldo, Ribery, Rooney and their custom formations away from them.

And about that freezing, it was at the cutscene at the end? I've seen it once in 16 games. I left mine for 5-10 seconds, and it came back. (I could still bring up the guide in that time, but the cutscene was frozen completely)

And the DNF Modifier to penalise quitters? Great idea. I hope it goes back down to x1.00 when someone quits and not down by some percentage.

The one thing I'm worried about is the crashing during a trophy celebration for a tournament. That was a game breaker for me last year.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    And about that freezing, it was at the cutscene at the end? I've seen it once in 16 games. I left mine for 5-10 seconds, and it came back. (I could still bring up the guide in that time, but the cutscene was frozen completely)

No it froze for minutes on end, and I couldn't access the guide screen.
    And the DNF Modifier to penalise quitters? Great idea. I hope it goes back down to x1.00 when someone quits and not down by some percentage.

yeah, great in theory but because if this EA feck up, my DNF modifier is 0.56% which means I'm only getting half the coins I should be. Everytime I play a match and complete it, it goes back up by 0.02%

No it froze for minutes on end, and I couldn't access the guide screen.

Well, now that is a worry. Although, those crashes are strange. I used to get them religiously, but my mates never got them at all.
    yeah, great in theory but because if this EA feck up, my DNF modifier is 0.56% which means I'm only getting half the coins I should be. Everytime I play a match and complete it, it goes back up by 0.02%

Well, I've had 16 games, 1 person quit. Thats an unbelievable improvement over regular online modes, so the DNF modifier is having some effect (early on anyways, when people are struggling for coins). In regular Xbox live head to head games, at one stage in ranked matched, 100% of games i had won, were due to an opponent quitting.

I'd rather play the majority of games to completion and penalise people who have disconnects, rather than everyone quitting consistently and nobody being able to finish a game at all. If i get disconnected and lose the multiplier, I won't be happy but I'll realise its for the greater good of mankind :p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Cant say ive had any of these freezing problems.

Have the odd fella that wont play me because I have a higher chemistry than them but then some dont care and play anyways. Over a few day most people will get their team built up and it wont be so much of an issue.

You always have quitters in Fifa so i think the DNF modifier is great.

4000 ms points worth of players FG?? You spent that much on gold packs?

• Advertisement

Axwell wrote: »
    4000 ms points worth of players FG?? You spent that much on gold packs?

Yep, had about 5000ms points for over 12 months and I have seen very little that has taken my fancy. I spect about 4000 on the premium pack packs and am currently making lots of squads for different competitions. As with any trading card game, it's the rare in the pack that is worth the money. You get 1 for 80ms or 3 for 120ms. Easy decision.

Once I finalise my teams, everything else will go up for sale and I'll use the coins to get specific cards.

To be honest, waiting 7-8 games for a gold pack ain't worth it.

4000MS points on packs? :eek::eek:

No wonder you can't get a game :p:p
    To be honest, waiting 7-8 games for a gold pack ain't worth it.

Exactly, so it encourages people to spend money to buy them. Genius idea on EAs behalf, especially as the cost is so low, it encourages you to say, ah screw it, for another few cents, in the next pack I could get Ronaldo.

I bought one, and got El Hadji-Diouf (the only thing of note). For 7,000 coins, I could have built a good team!

4000MS points on packs? :eek::eek:

No wonder you can't get a game :p:p

Yeah madness but I see UT as a game in its own right and I played UT09 way more than alot of games that cost 50 euro last year. Must have played 40-50 hours of UT09, compared to about 3 on GOW2.

When I say teams are quitting on me, its not like they are bronze teams, they are at my own level. I'm focusing on chemistry rather than big stars.

I'm playing 4-1-2-1-2. I have a back 4 from Spain (Puyol and 3 decent Spanish players from La Liga). My front 2 are Gourcouf (first free pack) and Trezequet (bought for 2000 coins lol). Behind them is Kaka (third pack). I have 2 randomers playing on the wings and Almunia (spain) in goals.

I'm going to try and buy up Castillas and Pique this evening. Spanish AND play La Liga = Massive chemistry bonus.

I'm also working on a 5-2-2-1 Spanish team with everyone playing in La Liga and a nippy 4-3-3 which relies on speed/counter attack.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

I agree waiting loads of games to buy a pack isnt worth it and EA and MS are well aware of this and people will splash out on packs, but spending 5000ms points on it just ruins the game IMO. You buy loads of packs and make great teams right from the start and skip all the fun of trying to buy players for bargain prices or struggle a few games just to be able to buy a few decent players, or knowing your best player is about to run out of a contract unless you an find the coins to buy a card.

Im really enjoying it so far, I set out yesterday to build an team of Irish players and late last night got Shay Given for 4500 coins to give me a full starting 11 with Owen Coyle as my Irish manager, my chemistry is now 97 for that team but it was fun putting it together and trying to win the various players. I bought about 10 premium packs (1200 ms points) and used what I got to fund building my team, never got any amazing players in them really so sold them and used the money to get in Duff and Keane asap to start winning games and went from there. The biggest thing I got in the packs was Old Trafford which I didnt even put up for sale till going to bed last night, must check if it sold! Unlike Lamposts there who got Messi and you have a Kaka? Not even in UT 09 did I ever get a big name player in the packs.

I agree waiting loads of games to buy a pack isnt worth it and EA and MS are well aware of this and people will splash out on packs, but spending 5000ms points on it just ruins the game IMO. You buy loads of packs and make great teams right from the start and skip all the fun of trying to buy players for bargain prices or struggle a few games just to be able to buy a few decent players, or knowing your best player is about to run out of a contract unless you an find the coins to buy a card.

It was about 3900ms, thats about 30 packs of gold premium. I did all the struggling and scraping in UT09, and while I did enjoy it, I don't feel like I want to go through it again. I have a very decent collection which I will be trading off over the next few days.
    Im really enjoying it so far, I set out yesterday to build an team of Irish players and late last night got Shay Given for 4500 coins to give me a full starting 11 with Owen Coyle as my Irish manager, my chemistry is now 97 for that team but it was fun putting it together and trying to win the various players. I bought about 10 premium packs (1200 ms points) and used what I got to fund building my team, never got any amazing players in them really so sold them and used the money to get in Duff and Keane asap to start winning games and went from there. The biggest thing I got in the packs was Old Trafford which I didnt even put up for sale till going to bed last night, must check if it sold! Unlike Lamposts there who got Messi and you have a Kaka? Not even in UT 09 did I ever get a big name player in the packs.

Even after all the packs I bought, I am nowhere near the teams I want. I've played trading card games for years and I have always enjoyed opening the packs, getting everything in order, seing what deck building options are open to me and get building. Exact same in UT. It takes the best part of a regular card game and adds it to a well known game.

Was up till 4am :p

And spending 4000ms doesn't guarantee you victory. If I were to get my very best team out for a game it would be...

Almunia,

Evra, Puyol, Bramble, Arbeloa

Kaka, Toure, ?, ?

Gourcoff, Trezeguet

If I played that team, I'd get hammered by a team with high chemistry. So I have one superstar player in 30 packs of Premium gold. Unless someones is minted, you wont see the crazy teams.

2-3 superstars added to 8 others with excellent chemistry is what I am aiming for.

It was about 3900ms, thats about 30 packs of gold premium. I did all the struggling and scraping in UT09, and while I did enjoy it, I don't feel like I want to go through it again.

Thats the fun of it man!!:D
    Even after all the packs I bought, I am nowhere near the teams I want.

You got Kaka in a gold pack, you could fund a whole squad on the money you would get for him alone!

My next squad is more than likely going to be a premiership team trying to avoid the Lampards and Rooneys etc and get good chemistry and a semi decent team with the likes of Bridge, Duff, Saha etc.

My 97 chemistry Rep of Ireland would beat your team of all stars any day - Ricardo Izecson dos Santos Leite who? :D

Is that all? lol

Lightweight! ;)
    I did all the struggling and scraping in UT09, and while I did enjoy it, I don't feel like I want to go through it again

I think the struggling is the best part of it. I played so many games trying to build my team, and by the time I had nearly everyone I wanted, it was no where near as fun.

Trying to plot your next transfers, players you want, things you want, and scrapping the coins together to get them was the real fun for me.

This year with the multiple squads, its much better. I won't get bored, and can constantly build different squads. Its absolutely perfect.

And I agree with spending so much time on it. Its a €5 expansion, and I will play this religiously for the next 3 months, and maybe beyond. It really is such a great mode, only they clear the bugs.

I hear theres a bug that allows 5* teams in a 1* team restricted tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I perfected my 1 star korean squad, with 100% chemistry, there ain't many other squads like it :), now i'm making my five star team which is much harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Parawind wrote: »
    I perfected my 1 star korean squad, with 100% chemistry, there ain't many other squads like it :), now i'm making my five star team which is much harder.
    :eek: I just came on to post this exact same thing :eek: well I haven't got 100% chemistry but my back four goal, keeper and left mid are Korean :pac::pac:.

My trial is over now, when I try to enter my credit card details it says it cannot update my credit account or something so I rang up and they said I tried to enter in my details too many times and that i'd have to wait 24 hours :( any other way around this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

is chemistry really that important?

EDIT:and another thing, i havent seen the multiple squads option yet.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    is chemistry really that important?

EDIT:and another thing, i havent seen the multiple squads option yet.
    I heard it's great offline but the chemistry is supposed to be brutal online.

I have two squads, go to squads then go to a player, press triangle on him then it comes up squad selector then you press create new squad :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Im going for the suffering and scraping route myself.

Got Hugo Rodallega very early on and he has been winning games. My best bargains are Kevin Doyle and Tom Sorensen who i got for 300 coins each on the market. Doyle and Rodallega is a great partnership early on.

Thought I was getting lucky there put a bid of 450 coins (all I got left) in for Ramsey but some fcuker got him with 3 mins left :(
    Anyone got into any bidding wars yet? :pac:.
    Got Rafael Marquez today :) By far my best player.

At the start I got Guerrero (ST for Hamburg) and Wellington (ST for Cruziero), one is strong, the other is fast, so it works well. I had Koumas feeding the ammunition.

Some of the other people playing the game at the start are brutal. I was winning games against similar ranked teams by at least 6 goals. When you take away custom formations, and the Ronaldo's, Messi's, Rooneys, Ribery (and the other top players away from people), so they have to play a bit of football, they really struggle.

Through trading, I got Stephen Carr for 800, Duffer for 500, Dunne for 2000, Stephen Ireland for 2250. Hoping to do a bit more wheeling and dealing tonight to get the likes of Stephen Reid.

We have Duff, McGeady, Hunt, Reid as LW/LM, but nobody on the right. (There were no Lawerances available last night). Similarly, Carr, Finnan, O'Shea all highly rated right backs, but nothing higher than a bronze Irish LB available last night.

At the start I got Guerrero (ST for Hamburg) and Wellington (ST for Cruziero), one is strong, the other is fast, so it works well. I had Koumas feeding the ammunition.

Some of the other people playing the game at the start are brutal. I was winning games against similar ranked teams by at least 6 goals. When you take away custom formations, and the Ronaldo's, Messi's, Rooneys, Ribery (and the other top players away from people), so they have to play a bit of football, they really struggle.

Through trading, I got Stephen Carr for 800, Duffer for 500, Dunne for 2000, Stephen Ireland for 2250. Hoping to do a bit more wheeling and dealing tonight to get the likes of Stephen Reid.

We have Duff, McGeady, Hunt, Reid as LW/LM, but nobody on the right. (There were no Lawerances available last night). Similarly, Carr, Finnan, O'Shea all highly rated right backs, but nothing higher than a bronze Irish LB available last night.
    Yeah i'm like you i'm trying to buy alot of Irish players.
    Struggling though :P. All part of the fun I suppose :).

Holy Jesus, I just seen a Darren Gibson for sale, current bid is 5,000 (when you can get Doyle, Duff for ~ 500). He is only silver too.

:pac: I seen Doyle going at a starting price of 25,000 earlier :pac: no one bidded though i'd say it was only a píss take :pac:.

Stephen Reid is at a current bid of 350 get on and buy him quick only 6 mins left.

Edit: Lawrence at a current bid of 150 with 10 mins left.

Edit: Tried to buy Reid for ya but I was out bidded in the last couple of seconds and it went to 700 coins :(.

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Stephen Reid is at a current bid of 350 get on and buy him quick only 6 mins left.

Edit: Lawrence at a current bid of 150 with 10 mins left.

Edit: Tried to buy Reid for ya but I was out bidded in the last couple of seconds and it went to 700 coins :(.

Cheers, I got Reid for 900 just now. Maybe a bit over the odds for him, but he links with Duff, Ireland & Dunne. Easily worth it.

Advertisement