Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Ultimate Team 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Cheers, I got Reid for 900 just now. Maybe a bit over the odds for him, but he links with Duff, Ireland & Dunne. Easily worth it.
    Yes just sold a squad of Korean dudes and got Duff for 650 Doyle for 550 and Finnan for 600 :).
    Woah I bought two Irish players within around 2 seconds of eachother and now none of them are there?
    I searched the trade pile and theres nothin there either :confused:
    I spent the coins on them :mad:.

EDIT: Found how to add them to the squad my bad :o.

Someone just bidded 3k for Marquez :).
    So the Irish players I have now are..
    Duff, Finnan, Doyle, Whelan.
    Going for Mcarthy and Dunne now, still have 3222 and only played 5 games :) still haven't bought the game lol.

EDIT: Got Mcarthy for 500 a bit steep but ah well :) He's one for the future.

Got Dunne for 900 too :). And Stephen Reid for 500 :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

How are you pulling McCarthy and Whelan out of the bag?

Theres a severe lack of silver stuff. No Celtic away jerseys (only 2 home). I've seen 3 St. Ledgers, 1 Lawerance, 2 Delaps, 3 Eddie Nolans, 1 Hunt, 1 Andy Reid, 0 Glenn Whelans. Everyone is buying gold packs so theres hardly any silver cards up for grabs.

Dunne for 900 and Reid for 500 are great bits of business.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Have my Rep Of Ireland team up to 97 chemistry as of last night

Given
    Finnan, Carr, Dunne, O Shea
    McGeady, S.Reid, S.Ireland, Da Duffer
    Keane, Doyle

Owen Coyle as manager
    The only reason it isnt 100 chemistry is Keano and McGEady playing in Scotland and the other players dont like it

Then made a Spanish team today and only cost around 10,000 coins which I funded by selling Old Trafford for 8k and along with 2 players I already had from packs I bought that went for 1k each then had 2 Albiol and Dealbert already.

100 Chemistry

Codina
    Sanchez,Dealbert,Albiol,Navarro
    L.Garcia, De la Pena, R. Garcia,Reyes
    Raul, L.Garcia

Rafa as Manager

Lads this is deadly, I love this mode.
    I haven't even bought it yet and this is the team I have.
    Turnbull (Eng)

Finnan (Ire) McShane (Ire) Dunne (Ire) Delgado (Ang)

Andrews (Ire) Whelan (Ire)

Ireland (Ire) Mcarthy (Ire)

Doyle (Ire) Folan (Ire)
    Subs:
    Twigg (Sco)
    Bender (Ger)
    Ibisevic (B&H)
    Corominas (Esp)
    Duff (Ire)
    S.Reid (Ire)
    Vertonghen (Belgium)

Absolutely deadly team out of no money really
    Sold Marquez for 3000
    And a lot of foreign dudes.

Most of my subs are gold except the first two.

Reason why I don't have Duff and Reid in the starting 11 is because it decreases the chemisty :confused: my chemistry is 90 but if I switch Andrews with Reid it goes down to 88, Don't think Duff lkes the formation but most of my starting 11 do so thats grand the formation btw 4-2-2-2.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

The players formations seem to matter very little to the overall chemistry this UT season compared to last. With the nationality,league and club affecting chemistry you can pretty much get away with having any formation on the player. I have a 97 chemistry Ireland team playing a 4-4-1-1 and only one of my CB has that formation. On my all Spanish team of chemistry 100 also playing 4-4-1-1 I also only have one player with that formation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

You caved in and bought it yet Redzer? ;)

Now I don't know what to do when I actually buy the full game, might just sell the whole Irish team after a few games :confused:.

You can have multiple squads, use the Irish one to win you coins and build another in the mean time. I have 2 squads now and am using my Spanish one for a while till I get bored then Ill go back to my Irish one and in the mean time Ill build another. Theres also the online tournaments to play in and they have specific entry requirements so you will need to make a squad just for those. Theres loads of play in it and its definitely worth the 400 ms points.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    You caved in and bought it yet Redzer? ;)
    They won't accept my credit card details because I entered it in wrong 3 times :( I have to wait 24 hours and try again :(, anyone want to gameshare it with me :).
    Axwell wrote: »
    You can have multiple squads, use the Irish one to win you coins and build another in the mean time. I have 2 squads now and am using my Spanish one for a while till I get bored then Ill go back to my Irish one and in the mean time Ill build another. Theres also the online tournaments to play in and they have specific entry requirements so you will need to make a squad just for those. Theres loads of play in it and its definitely worth the 400 ms points.
    Forgot all about that :D 2 squads for me so :) pity you can't play it against your mates though :(, yeah i've been trying to download it but can't even get the funds into my account for another 24 hours :(.

• Advertisement

You could buy the ms points of one of the sites online that sells microsoft points if you cant add them from your credit card through xbox live at the min. They work out a bit cheaper aswell but they dont sell in as small amounts, you end up having to buy 2100 ms points. Theres a thread somewhere with the names of a few of them and links.

Axwell wrote: »
    You could buy the ms points of one of the sites online that sells microsoft points if you cant add them from your credit card through xbox live at the min. They work out a bit cheaper aswell but they dont sell in as small amounts, you end up having to buy 2100 ms points. Theres a thread somewhere with the names of a few of them and links.
    On PS3 mate :(.

Finally I was able to but it :D happy days.
    More whealen and dealing :).

Just won the Regional Shield on World Class :) 3,089 coins now :).
    Anyone playing

My first goal in the tournament http://www.easportsfootball.co.uk/media/play/video/17338909

Results
    Feb 27 2010 FIFA Ultimate Team 4 - 1 KSV Roeselare CPU
    Feb 27 2010 FIFA Ultimate Team 8 - 0 Southend United CPU
    Feb 27 2010 FIFA Ultimate Team 5 - 1 D.C. United CPU
    Feb 27 2010 FIFA Ultimate Team 2 - 1 Modena CPU

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

Do you play against others online or just against the comp?

You play others online using your squad against theirs..theres also tournaments you can play which give more coins if you win and then you use your coins to buy players etc. Get the demo and you get to play 5 free games and give it a try.

Is Trapp in this?
    Can't find him.

Hes not a club manager so nope..Owen Coyle is the only "Irish" manager in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

currently downloading it for ps3 does anyone have a link with more info about it on ps3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

can anyone help me here.

im trying to join an online tournement but it keeps saying i need at least 8 players from the same country/nationailty.

iv done this iv got 8 english players in my squad but it still keeps saying this??

can anyone give me a hand?

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The way to succeed in this game mode is the Del Boy Trotter/Harry Redknapp method of sell what you buy.

Example:

Yesterday, sitting on the menu, 878 coins to spend. Go on the market, see a player i want at 8000 coins. Are these lads just playing all day to afford him? No, they are getting crazy money from selling on cheap players. I lurk, i stalk, i wait. I stay on the first page of gold players,, refreshing, waiting for a big club logo. Barca logo on the way i head over, ahh **** its Chygrynsky... Wait, 200 coins? I win the bidding war at 350 coins, i send him to my trade pile, i put him up at a buy it now 2000. 20mins later, 2400 coins in my bank. Im hooked.

Player - Cost - Sell Price:
    Cygrynsky - 350 - 2000
    Makoun - 300 - 1200
    Collison - 400 - 900
    Hamsik - 300 - 2500
    Rakitic - 300 - 1500
    Park Ji Sung - 700 - 1600
    Gary Caldwell - 500 - 1000
    Maduro - 250 - 800

And thats only yesterday, my first day trying the method. I dont have to do it anymore, because i can afford a few gold packs which give you players you can put up on the market straight away.

If a player plays for a well supported club, he will go for big money. If you are patient, you can get some outrageous deals. Im hooked on Ultimate Team.

Yeah I love doing this, bough Ustari for 150 and sold him for 1.5k :)
    Sold alot of people for well over than what I paid for them.

Also can I just say I'm addicted too :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Current crop of players on the market are Rensing (GK, Bayern, cost 400), Oddo (RWB, AC Milan, cost 350), Cris (CB, Lyon, cost 350) and Kewell (LW, Galatasaray, cost 500). Will post back when i get the final prices.

Trying to buy alot of English players, Got Danny Murphy for 300 and sold him for 1k and bought Kieron Dyer for 700 and I'm getting offered 2k :),
    Don't really want to sell him though, pace is 86 and dribbling is 80.

Mikey have you bought any premium Gold packs yet?

I have around 5,500 coins but I might save for premium gold packs.
    Has anyone got anything good in these?

Bought a few of them with my ms points and got Yakubu, Benayoun, Old Trafford and feck all else worth talking about. You can get the big players but they are very very rare.

I've only bought two prmeium bronze packs lol.
    Gonna buy just a normal gold pack now in 2 minutes.
    Lads if any of you's have 300-500 coins buy Caleb Folan.
    I got him for 350 and he's been absolutely lethal up front.

How many squads have you?

Still only one, happy with the irish squad for the moment :)
    winning 8 nill playing on World Class something has to be going right :pac:.
    Have you still got two squads?

• Advertisement

Are you only playing offline against the console?

No ive a 3rd one now:

Cudicini
    Young, Woodgate, Kaboul, Bridge
    Bentley, Reo Koker, N Zogbia, Zhirkov
    Bent, Saha

Bruce as Manager - chemistry 91

Still messing around with it buying players but keeping it to premiership only players.

Advertisement