Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA Ultimate Team 10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Axwell wrote: »
    Are you only playing offline against the console?

No ive a 3rd one now:

Cudicini
    Young, Woodgate, Kaboul, Bridge
    Bentley, Reo Koker, N Zogbia, Zhirkov
    Bent, Saha

Bruce as Manager - chemistry 91

Still messing around with it buying players but keeping it to premiership only players.
    Both, offline mostly though.
    Not a bad squad there.

Got a gold pack there and the highest was an 78 rated CB called Morris :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Mikey have you bought any premium Gold packs yet?

I have around 5,500 coins but I might save for premium gold packs.
    Has anyone got anything good in these?

No i have not.

The general concencus on the EA forums is that Premium packs are exactley the same. I havent actually bought a single gold pack yet, ive been spending all my coins in the market and earning more, going to go on a gold rush soon though.

But im staying away from "premium" packs.

Yeah stay away from the packs lol.
    Just got Axel Witsel for 350 buy it now :)
    How much will he go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    No i have not.

The general concencus on the EA forums is that Premium packs are exactley the same. I havent actually bought a single gold pack yet, ive been spending all my coins in the market and earning more, going to go on a gold rush soon though.

But im staying away from "premium" packs.

That forum is rubbish though. People expect Kaka, Rooney, Messi, Ronaldo in every pack and moan when they aren't getting them. How many players are in Ultimate team? The odds of getting a big player are very, very slim. It doesn't take a genius to work out that your odds of getting a top player who you can flog for half the earth worth of coins, are slim to nothing.

They are moaning that chemistry is broken online at the moment. As usual, nobody loses because they are beaten by a better player, they only lose because their team, or the game, is broken. You get those games where everything seems to go against you now and again, and its alright to feel aggrieved about losing them (strange deflections putting strikers clean through, your players stumbling no free, their stumbling, free and yellow card - consistently happening in the match), but not all the time.

Whats everyones record by the way? Mine is 21-3-2 (W-L-D).

• Advertisement

My Record is 21-1-0 Only played 2 online though.

Took a gamble using nearly all my coins to buy Kuyt for 2,750. Thankfully it paid off as I sold him for 4,000 BIN. Maybe I could have gotten more but I didn't want to be stuck with him!

Went against my own advice and bought a gold packet :(
    Highest I got was Bentley :(.

Hmmm, any one else played the launch trophy (offline one) for bronze only players? Is there anyway to bump up the difficulty? I won the first game 17-0 vs Milwall.

My regular FIFA is already set to legendary, and there doesn't seem to be an option to up the difficulty at all? Its like its on the lowest difficulty or something.

You can't bump up the difficulty :(
    I was winning 8-0 6-0 etc on World Class :(.

Just sold Bentley for 4,400 :D Delighted.

I put the starting price at 600 and BiN at 16,000 :pac:.
    Played a few matches online and came back and it was 1200 with 4 mins left so kept my eyes on it and seen it going up to 4,400 in the last minute :pac::pac:.

Have enough money for another Gold pack, I think i'm addicted to them.
    I know I'm going to get shíte cards but still want to buy one :o.

Btw theres different trophys for different difficulties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ok well im sort of ashamed to admit it but I went ahead and got Ultimate team after listening to Kirby,Storybud and Yapa on about it.

The Tournaments. Are they all offline? Im in the launch trophy at the min and ill recieve 750 points for winning it. Im in the final or semi now and so far ive won 7-0 and 11-0 I think im on pro difficulty. If I up the difficulty will the coins prize increase?

Played a 4 games online and won them all. Not sure how I beat one guy all his players were in the 70's while mine are just the default ones, does the matchmaking pair you against teams of similar caliber or could I face a messi next match?

Was listening to storybud auctioning off cards and getting points from it? How do ya do that?

Is 23 the max size your allowed?

joe123 wrote: »
    Ok well im sort of ashamed to admit it but I went ahead and got Ultimate team after listening to Kirby,Storybud and Yapa on about it.

The Tournaments. Are they all offline? Im in the launch trophy at the min and ill recieve 750 points for winning it. Im in the final or semi now and so far ive won 7-0 and 11-0 I think im on pro difficulty. If I up the difficulty will the coins prize increase?

Played a 4 games online and won them all. Not sure how I beat one guy all his players were in the 70's while mine are just the default ones, does the matchmaking pair you against teams of similar caliber or could I face a messi next match?

Was listening to storybud auctioning off cards and getting points from it? How do ya do that?

Is 23 the max size your allowed?
    Ashamed? :pac::pac: you'll be hooked in about an hour.

You can't up the difficulty, there is certain cups for certain difficulties.
    There are also online cups, just press one of the back buttons.

Yeah I came up against Wayne Rooney, Vidic and Benayoun today but won 4 nil :).

Send a card to the trade pile then put a price on him :).

Nope you can have players in your club and then when you need them you can call them up to your squad :D.

FFS just bought a premium gold pack and got absolutely nothing worth while :pac::pac: 3 75 rated players :pac: and 2 rare formation cards and 1 shiny silver training card :pac::pac: have to do it all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Ok just about to play a final and I find out that 4 of my players are out of contract! How do I renew them?

Also ive 2000 coins now. The silver and gold card packs mention coins price but also mention Microsoft points.

Does this mean you have to pay Microsoft points ASWELL as the coins or can the coins cover it?

Ok just about to play a final and I find out that 4 of my players are out of contract! How do I renew them?

Also ive 2000 coins now. The silver and gold card packs mention coins price but also mention Microsoft points.

Does this mean you have to pay Microsoft points ASWELL as the coins or can the coins cover it?
    Buy contracts then press square on the player and apply the item.

No you don't need icMrosoft points, you can use them or coins.
    I'd stay clear of the packets tbh unless your really lucky :pac:.
    Your better off wheeling and dealing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Ultimate team = very meh. Wouldnt bother my arse giving Ea more money after the tripe that is Fifa 10 this year.

Changed your mind I see :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

What do the shiny gold,silver and bronze cards do for you, how are they different?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Started playing this over the weekend a bit.

I got my 2 free gold packs as I bought UT09 - and got a few goodish players but no house hold names. Didnt actually know where these players went after I bought them so played my first 2 or 3 games with the default rejects and struggled badly. BUT then I copped on that the players just were not in my current squad, so I quickly swapped :rolleyes:

So now after playing 6/7 games Im doing okay. Started some trading last night before I went to bed and am eager to find out after work if any were successful :p

Overall the game and options has improved 10fold from last year, only dissapointment is that I cant play a friend with his team (or maybe I havnt found it yet :confused:).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Axwell wrote: »
    Changed your mind I see :D

From the poster who brought you the "meh" responce to COD MW2 and FIFA 10, both of which are his last played games in his gamertag. :D

sorry joe, just made me lol.

and Redzer, i understand, gold packs are like crack.

Current side:
    Jussi Jaaskelainen, Stephen Carr, Matthew Upson, Ledley King, Stephen Warnock, Antonio Valencia, Darren Fletcher, Stephen Ireland, Damien Duff, Liedson, Louis Saha

I haven't conceded a goal in about 10 games since I've gotten King. The man is a brick wall. I bought Jussi (rated 84), for about ~1500. The cheapest Antonio Valencia (rated 80), was 5K and that seems to be cheap for him, so I snapped him up. Its crazy the way the bigger players in the bigger sides are so inflated. Oh well - worth the 5K to get one of my favourites.

Record stands at 30-4-2 (W-D-L), but I should have at least 10 extra wins (due to quitters). Its so annoying that they give you the coins, but not the win on your record.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Crosáidí wrote: »
    What do the shiny gold,silver and bronze cards do for you, how are they different?

If you mean when you are buying them in the auctions then I think it means someone has upgraded one of the stats on that card short term, if you look at the stats one of them will have a highlighted number showing its increased but it wears off after while.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    (due to quitters). Its so annoying that they give you the coins, but not the win on your record.

Its annoying alright, I find it hard to get games because all my 3 squads have chemistry in the 90's so when I get a game I think great fair play to the person for playing only for them to quit anyways once they go 2 or 3 goals behind..very annoying but you get the coins and dont have to play the full match so then its back to looking for better players with your new coins :D

Must make a silver squad for the upcoming tournament and a bronze one and do the tournament thats there now.

Its nice you get the coins, but if you get the coins, you should get the win too.

If someone quits, they get the loss, but you don't get the win. Its a bit of a mess.

Anyone on PS3 add me, PSN:Redzer7.
    Think PSN is down at the momemt though.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Anyone on PS3 add me, PSN:Redzer7.
    Think PSN is down at the momemt though.

I don't have a PS3, but the PSN is literally in meltdown. Some sort of bug, which doesn't effect the slim PS3s.

Rooney10 wrote: »
    Its nice you get the coins, but if you get the coins, you should get the win too.

If someone quits, they get the loss, but you don't get the win. Its a bit of a mess.

True, you should get the win like normal but at least you get the coins so you can develop your squads. I wish they hadnt put the new system in where people can bid continually at the end of a player auction though, its annoying watching the timer go down then someone bids and the timer goes back to 13 seconds and keeps repeating this as bids come in. There was more satisfaction in seeing a player going for a cheap price and trying to bid at the last minute and win the auction ahead of everyone else. It makes it very hard to get the really good players as by the time everyone bids the price is up really high.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Actually, I think when i get bored of playing UT, I'll put everything up for auction for coins, sell the coins to someone for cash and start with a basic bronze team. Then I'll play it all again without buying a pack with ms points.

I have done a huge amount of buying cheap players and selling them on. Took 4 hours, but finally got Castillas for 27000 coins. :D I normally go to the end of a list with a max buy it now price of 1000 and check for recently added cards. You'd be amazed at the bargains. Bought 3700 worth of players and sold them for 19010 :) Someone put Ryan Giggs for 250 and I sold him for 4000 lol

Yeah I always set a buy now limit and then search through whats available but I really wish the auctions ended in the old way. Once the time ran out the highest bid won, you would be sitting there counting down the seconds and putting in your bid hoping someone else didnt bid more and you would get some great bargains that way. It was exciting and you would always be on the look out for bargains and sneaky bids. The new method means its just a case of whoever bids the most after a few minutes of the bids increasing and the clock going back to 13 seconds each time.

Bloody annoying that the first option in the menu is to remove from watchlist.

The amount of times, I've been watching a countdown in a bidding war, going "Hmmm, is player X worth Y amount of coin, yeah, fcuk it, sh!t, running out of time", double tap A to bid quickly and it removes him from my watch list, effectively meaning I've lost the auction!

• Advertisement

Been there..dont that..very annoying alright.

Advertisement