Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance

Options
  • 28-01-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Just looking for first time car insurance atm and the quotes im getting in the south are an absolute disgrace compared to the north. I know some will say different areas and so on but still. Im 25 on a provsional and getting insured on a 03 1 litre yaris and looking for fully comp. The quotes ive been getting down here have ranged from cheapest €1860 (axa) to €2400 (quinn). Ive rang around everyone and axa are the cheapest I could find. In the north for the same car but using my home address in Co.Down (Co.Louth for down here) and having a northern provisonal i am getting quoted as cheap as £409 which is around €500 euro. That s with the post office but for quinn it is £586 which is around €675 euro. How can quinn in the north be €675 and in the south €2400? I know its all about different areas and that but that is €1725 cheaper!! This is a complete joke!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Because people are sh*t drivers in the South, cause more accidents, and it's much easier to pass your test here, perhaps?

I just moved back to Ireland from the UK, where I was paying £330 per year fully comp with Direct Line. Before I moved, i'd been fully comp with Zurich for around €500. I went into Aviva today and they quoted €780 for third party! I should mention i'm a 28 year old female who has been driving for nearly 5 years, had a full licence for 3, and 3 years no claims bonus, and no penalty points/endorsements. I laughed in the girls face when she told me the quote.

I managed to get a policy this evening with 123.ie for €455, have you tried them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Yea the cheapest they got me was 1900 i think. I remember a year ago I was looking for insurance for the same sorta car and i was 24 then and it was working out to be around 1000. Now its twice that, posted on here asking why and ppl said it was the floods that companys had to put polices up :(

Advertisement