Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BID FUN SCAM?

Options
  • 28-01-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Has Anybody Had any dealings with Bidfun.com .ie or .co.uk etc
    As I joined purchased through papal 100 euro worth of credit which are non refundable so have to be used and bid on some stuff but got nowhere and lost 100 euro for nothing back plus when i stopped bidding the auctions finished, all very suspect and paypal did`nt want too know as its a service not a tangable product etc etc, any help with who or how to get satisfaction would be great and of course don`t use or recommend this site to anyone:mad: HELP:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

gav197 wrote: »
    Hi Has Anybody Had any dealings with Bidfun.com .ie or .co.uk etc
    As I joined purchased through papal 100 euro worth of credit which are non refundable so have to be used and bid on some stuff but got nowhere and lost 100 euro for nothing back plus when i stopped bidding the auctions finished, all very suspect and paypal did`nt want too know as its a service not a tangable product etc etc, any help with who or how to get satisfaction would be great and of course don`t use or recommend this site to anyone:mad: HELP:confused:

hi i 2 would like to know about this anybody

• Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

alan18 wrote: »
    hi i 2 would like to know about this anybody

hi just found this on the net.......

MsDemeanor
    Posted 10/06/2009

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!! The 'credits' you purchase simply allow you to place bids and you'll lose the entire deposit you put down just by virtue of bidding. They claim it is for the sake of 'fairness' that they extend the auction as bids are placed, however the longer the auction is extended the more 'credits' you lose and pretty soon you're left unable to bid (it cost me $50 just to bid, and lose, on a nintendo dsi for my grandson that was extended in fairness no less than four times after the auction had closed and I'd won!) Snyde e-mails from their support staff containing threats they're going to sue me for slander (lol, it ain't slander if it's true!) and plenty of shills to keep them auctions going on indefinitely...at least 'til they've taken all your money. Wish I'd have seen this before I tried 'em -- guess I'm too used to Ebay's integrity, 'cuz I sure fell for this trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidding_fee_auction

In my own opinion, bid fee auctions are essentially gambling, except the user is unaware of the gamble. The odds of winning are minuscule, but you pay for the chance of winning, and if you do win, you then pay for the item too. You are never bidding on the item, like you do on eBay or any other auction, you are always paying money to increase what will be the final selling price. The majority of bidders loose, and they pay for the privilege.

These are one of the biggest scams in existence, but the masquerade as legitimate businesses. There are dozens of such sites on the Internet now. Avoid them all.

If something looks too good to be true, then it is. There is no probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ccswinston

I have just been on Bidfun and of course i paid 35euro to bid for an iphone for my son for Christmas. I quickly learnt what was going on as i was bidding.
    The bidding was supposed to end at 21.15 last evening, but by 10pm the seconds were being added on by people continously bidding. I went off out to meet my friends and when i came home at 2.30am in the morning the bidding was still going on. I have come down from bed now and the bidding is still going on and the time has increased back up to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Some scam. I will continue until my credits are gone cause they are not refundable but i will have this all over facebook to warn others not to touch it.
    Here's the best of the lot. They tell you an item that was worth 300 euro sold for "say" 20 euro. That looks great, but when you add up the bids they actually made approximately 1,000 euro on the bidding of the item. Hugh hugh profits. So yes it is a Scam because there is no stop point to the bidding.:mad:

Advertisement