Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for mens work clothes

Options
  • 28-01-2010 7:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

wheres the best eg price place in the city to get work clothes eg steel toe cats and catapillar pants. whats that place across from tk maxx up the street a small bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

wheres the best eg price place in the city to get work clothes eg steel toe cats and catapillar pants. whats that place across from tk maxx up the street a small bit.

mahers outdoor shop is pretty good, might be expensive though. down near parnell place. I know the one you mean by TK max, between there and virgin mega store? never been in there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

no its actually the other way eg as if you wanted to go to scotts tools. theres a sweet shop and theres a person outside selling every sort of thing going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭themonboys

Carey Tools have a large selection that range in price. Worth a look.
    http://www.careytools.com/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I usually head to frank clarks , they are pretty helpful with anything you ask size wise quality wise etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i think german rocks is talking about mc carthys,they sell steel cap boots and dickies workwear,the dickies stuff is cheap but starts falling apart fairly quickly,
    snickers workwear is better but really expensive,i think its €78 for the work pants,they sell them in a-z safety centre accross from jj dwyers on forge hill,
    and caterpillar steel caps are €140 if i remember right:eek:

• Advertisement

bladebrew wrote: »
    i think german rocks is talking about mc carthys,they sell steel cap boots and dickies workwear,the dickies stuff is cheap but starts falling apart fairly quickly,
    snickers workwear is better but really expensive,i think its €78 for the work pants,they sell them in a-z safety centre accross from jj dwyers on forge hill,
    and caterpillar steel caps are €140 if i remember right:eek:

Mc Carthys are brilliant for boots. Brownloes have snickers work gear, don't know what price though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

themonboys wrote: »
    Carey Tools have a large selection that range in price. Worth a look.
    http://www.careytools.com/index.htm

+1 for Carey's,
    They have a good selection of Snickers workwear which while more expensive than other brands there about the best around.

cork45 wrote: »
    +1 for Carey's,
    They have a good selection of Snickers workwear which while more expensive than other brands there about the best around.
    Have you tried the Blaklarder stuff at frank clarks i find it a bit tougher than the snickers .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Not to drag an old thread up, but I had to go get some new work pants today, have been a snickers wearer for a few years now, and got some Blaklader from Frank Clarkes - top quality, but the same price as snickers.

Next week they're doing an open weekend, with DeWalt and others attending. The Blacklader guys are involved to, and they'll be giving 15 euro off if you trade in your old/ripped work pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Dragging up a seriously old thread here!

Looking for snickers gear, was in Careys Tools yesterday, its fair expensive about 89 euro I think for the heavy duty workpants. Anywhere else in Cork doing it, for perhaps cheaper?

Cheers!

• Advertisement

HoggyRS wrote: »
    Dragging up a seriously old thread here!

Looking for snickers gear, was in Careys Tools yesterday, its fair expensive about 89 euro I think for the heavy duty workpants. Anywhere else in Cork doing it, for perhaps cheaper?

Cheers!
    For the same quality ............ no in my opinion, you can get the cheaper ones if your in a job where they wouldnt be getting too much rough work but long term i found blaklarder better than snickers and they would get a hell of a battering with me, they would generally last a year .

Consider them an investment, your going to be spending a lot of hours in the same workpants and boots so you might as well get good ones. Also get a pair of kneepads to go with them, you see plenty of older tradesmen with dodgy knees cause they wouldnt wear knee pads.

For the same quality ............ no in my opinion, you can get the cheaper ones if your in a job where they wouldnt be getting too much rough work but long term i found blaklarder better than snickers and they would get a hell of a battering with me, they would generally last a year .

Tried on a pair of blaklader also, way preferred the snickers fit and look etc which means something when im wearing them 40 hours a week! I've actually got yonks out of the pair of dickies i have now so i'd say I could get 2 years out of workpants so maybe I can rationalise spending 90 quid on snickers!

HoggyRS wrote: »
    Tried on a pair of blaklader also, way preferred the snickers fit and look etc which means something when im wearing them 40 hours a week! I've actually got yonks out of the pair of dickies i have now so i'd say I could get 2 years out of workpants so maybe I can rationalise spending 90 quid on snickers!
    are you a spark generally that type of work doesnt require the heavy duty pants

are you a spark generally that type of work doesnt require the heavy duty pants

I am yeah, maybe i'll look into the normal pants so!

Advertisement