Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New season in ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

amacachi wrote: »
    Are those matches tomorrow? And are any of them on in Dublin? Got a good few hours to kill tomorrow.

All are tomorrow. I heard that the Eagles Athboy game was moved to ALSAA but can't confirm that yet.

The Exiles wicklow game is only 45 minutes drive outside dublin if you have a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

kellco88 wrote: »
    All are tomorrow. I heard that the Eagles Athboy game was moved to ALSAA but can't confirm that yet.

The Exiles wicklow game is only 45 minutes drive outside dublin if you have a car.

ALSAA?
    Tomorrow's my last day of my Dublin Bus ticket, and no car. :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    ALSAA?
    Tomorrow's my last day of my Dublin Bus ticket, and no car. :pac:

Its out by the airport. but again not 100% certain that its there :confused:

Ulster Conference:
    Ballynahinch Rabbitohs –v- Fermanagh Redskins
    Portadown Pumas –v- Strangford Sharks
    Leinster Conference:
    Carlow Crusaders –v- Dublin City Exiles
    North Dublin Eagles –v- Wicklow Vikings
    Tullamore Knights –v- Athboy
    Portlaoise Panthers – BYE
    Munster Conference:
    Treaty City Titans –v- Bruff
    Cork Bulls – BYE

Anyone near a game should try get to one. Last week saw some big scores in tight games this weekend should be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Cork Bulls are Playing Titans Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 billy slater

carlow crusaders v dublin exiles is in tullow rugby club at 2pm on staurday. should be a great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Results from two of the leagues are on the RLI site.

Carnegie Leinster League - Round 2

Tullamore Knights 56-4 Athboy

Carlow Crusaders 46-32 Dublin City Exiles

North Dublin Eagles 46-16 Wicklow Vikings

Portlaoise Panthers V's BYE

Carnegie Ulster League - Round 2

Portadown Pumas 18-0 Strangford Sharks

Ballynahinch Rabbitohs 60-20 Fermanagh Redskins

The Cork Bulls beat the Treaty City Titans in Limerick 36-40

kellco88 wrote: »
    The Cork Bulls beat the Treaty City Titans in Limerick 36-40

Great result for the Bulls on their return.AFAIK not many teams have beaten the Titans in the league.

I think only carlow have beaten the Titans in recent seasons could be wrong though! I normally am!!!

• Advertisement

The eagles have beaten them too ;)

Some good fixtures this weekend but for me the pick of the round is the Exiles vs Eagles match at Terenure. The Northsiders vs the Southsiders, the Dublin derby is always an exciting, close match and I would be expecting nothing less this weekend especially after the Exiles impressive showing at Carlow when they ran them close. The Eagles haven't played any established teams yet this year so this will be a real test for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm looking to go to my first Rugby League match at the weekend. Exiles v Athboy. Is that in Terenure RFC?

crusaders at home in tullow rugby club at 2 on sat. should be good game. sorry courdelion but exiles didnt run crusaders close. it was a hammering and crusaders stopped playin near the end cos of filthy disgraceful play by exiles and conceded 3 late tries.

crusaders at home in tullow rugby club at 2 on sat. should be good game. sorry courdelion but exiles didnt run crusaders close. it was a hammering and crusaders stopped playin near the end cos of filthy disgraceful play by exiles and conceded 3 late tries.

Fair enough, just assumed from the score.

Not quite the huge step from one league to three when you consider the Ulster comp was AFAIK already being played last year and have only just come back under a unified RLI.As long as all fixtures are played it will be a succesful jump in playing numbers. If teams start dropping fixtures during the season though like the bad old days then I fear for the competition. Its hard to get lads to come back year after year when they aren't sure that fixtures are going to take place and they cancel weekends away only to find the other team can't fulfill.

The majority of our team will now have had 3 weeks off between fixtures due to provincial and 'A' team matches and a cancellation. It's becoming a nightmare once again to keep them interested. It's not going to get any easier once the World Cup starts and there's additional distractions.

i agree with on this one courdelion. season is way too stop start. why is there a month between leinster final and grand final. crusaders will have a month off before leinster semi so hard to get lads to take comp sreious

Just seen the sco of the 'A' international on the RLI news page: Wales 34 - Ireland 8.Not a great result and a definite step backwards from last year when the Wolfhounds won 28-26. Anyone know what's going wrong at that level?

I believe the welsh are a very strong unit at home have won 7 of the last 8 of this competition. Also the loss of Tim Bergin and John Coleman is a massive loss.

I think the next two games will tell all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭jordan..

hi guys, big rugby league fan

dont know alot about the irish scene

whens and where is the next match in Dublin if somebody doesnt mind tellin me

• Advertisement

jordan.. wrote: »
    hi guys, big rugby league fan

dont know alot about the irish scene

whens and where is the next match in Dublin if somebody doesnt mind tellin me

Jordan no games in dublin this week. if you go to www.rli.ie

there is an 'A' International due to be played on the 10th which could be in dublin haven't heard yet.

And next week the Exiles are down to play tullamore in Terenure RFC.

Hope this helped

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ismhunter

anyone know why the winners of munster v leinster aint going on to play the winners of the ulster grand final. I thought were united now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭MerryWhistleblo

The Ulster clubs collectively made the decision not to participate in the All-Ireland play-offs prior to the start of the season. I do not know the reason for this decision but can suggest that further enquiries on this can be made to Wayne Kelly(Development Officer for Ulster) at devlu@rli.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fernandovargas

what ever happened to the western warriors, i was supose to play with them 2 years ago but i worked on training nights and wasnt able, i see they wernt in the last seasons league

what ever happened to the western warriors, i was supose to play with them 2 years ago but i worked on training nights and wasnt able, i see they wernt in the last seasons league
    Competed for 1 season in the Emerald League in 2008. Saw them in action twice, difficult season for them with fixtures in Portlaoise and Cill Dara. Commited core of players but probably undone by the lack of local games.

Competed for 1 season in the Emerald League in 2008. Saw them in action twice, difficult season for them with fixtures in Portlaoise and Cill Dara. Commited core of players but probably undone by the lack of local games.

awful pity id love to have given it a go

Proposed new team based in Ennis/Kilrush for next season, if this is near to you give Brendan Guillfoyle(development officer) a mail at devmc@rli.ie
    He will be able to give you the contact details for the organisers .

Proposed new team based in Ennis/Kilrush for next season, if this is near to you give Brendan Guillfoyle(development officer) a mail at devmc@rli.ie
    He will be able to give you the contact details for the organisers .

sound ,have boots will travel haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spursman

so whats the story with the new season any new teams

• Advertisement
Advertisement