Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst Council Estate in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

aye the Post ran with that story a few weeks ago on the front page.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Is it that bad though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

byte wrote: »
    aye the Post ran with that story a few weeks ago on the front page.

Didn't read the article the post had, but seen the front page in the newsagents. Cant remember the headline (think Hell was one of the words), but it just struck me as real sensational, gutter press, style reporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I seen the same story in one of the other papers - Democrat or DL News? and it was a bit OTT by the looks of things. Seemed to quote 2 individuals only and if it was as bad as was being made out well it wasnt reflected in any photos that were published.

I had expected to see broken windows, smashed cars, maybe even a half burnt out house but no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I know a guy that used to teach some of the kids from that area in National school in Ballyshannon, and it seemed that the kids were totally out of control. But the headline seems OTT alright, considering that its being compared to the likes of South Hill in Limerick; Ballymun or Darndale in Dublin. All it really does is reflects the authority's inability to cope with with a problem which seems to be caused by a handful of youths

• Advertisement

Domestos - Kills 99% of all known germs Baseball resolves 99% of all known social issues :D

baseball.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

muffler wrote: »
    Domestos - Kills 99% of all known germs Baseball resolves 99% of all known social issues :D

baseball.jpg

If only it were legal!

Talking about baseball bats reminded me of this joke
    An 18 year old itinerant lad gets a job in a sports shop. The boss explains the selling tactics to him and tells him to always make sure the customer gets the right product for its intended use.

A bit later a young lady enters the shop and the boss tells the itinerant lad to observe as he sells the right item. She asks for a pair of tennis shoes and the boss says: "Are they for clay or grass" ?

She indicates grass and the boss picks out the correct type of shoes for her.

Some time later a man enters the shop and the boss sends the young lad to serve him.

Lad: "can I help you"

Man: I am looking for a baseball bat.

Lad: "Is it for a wedding or a funeral"

Does anyone on here live near the Estate

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Senna wrote: »
    Didn't read the article the post had, but seen the front page in the newsagents. Cant remember the headline (think Hell was one of the words), but it just struck me as real sensational, gutter press, style reporting.
    Well, that's all the Post is IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

can't resist...... "It's A Sham!..Hey!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Update on this today

http://oceanfm.ie/news/2010/02/03/no-comment-from-councillors-on-lawne-park/

After this...

http://oceanfm.ie/news/2010/02/02/lawne-park-meeting-later-today/

If they are refusing to comment ? Usually means there is a case to answer?

Nice reporting Gracie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Working on writing a Very Serious Book and unwind by pottering around news, who has died etc..... :)
    Pot wrote:
    Nice reporting Gracie

Advertisement