Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding repeats and co-op

Options
  • 28-01-2010 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭

Hey everyone, hope everyones exams went well. I'm posting this on behalf of a friend who doesn't have an account here. Just wanted to know, how many subjects are you allowed fail per semester? Also, what happens if you're on Co-op in August when the repeats are on? :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

If your on co-op, you have to take time off work to sit your repeats (some employers might allow study time- ask your hr person). If you fail your repeats you generally have to come off co-op and return to college.

However if, like it was for me, you fail a second semester module you may be able to stay in your job (if the company is ok with it) and the co-op office may offer you an exemption from doing co-op twice. You need to talk to however it is looks after your course in the co-op office.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭TwilightFan88

bazkennedy wrote: »
    If your on co-op, you have to take time off work to sit your repeats (some employers might allow study time- ask your hr person). If you fail your repeats you generally have to come off co-op and return to college.

However if, like it was for me, you fail a second semester module you may be able to stay in your job (if the company is ok with it) and the co-op office may offer you an exemption from doing co-op twice. You need to talk to however it is looks after your course in the co-op office.

Just want to vent about the Co-Op really! They dont know their arses from their elbows!

Advertisement