Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matte Nail Varnish?

• 28-01-2010 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Has anybody seen any matte nail varnish anywhere? A friend of mine got a gorgeous magenta coloured one (I think the brank was New York Color or something like that) in New York but I haven't seen any here. Kind of looking for a dark grey and dark red but would love any, it looks so nice on.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭cheerio

I think Superdrug in Wexford have that New York Colour brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Do you mean matt as in not shimmery or matt as in not shiney?

I got a dark grey rimmel No. 17. one the other day that is matt-ish. It's got great coverage and one coat would probably be enough. One coat looks fairly matt, adding more makes it look shinier.

Edit: Sorry, it was no.17 not rimmel!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

like matte as in not shiney at all

there's a superdrug in wexford?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

There's a Superdrug in Wexford town, Square in Tallaght, Swords and one other random place I think. None in Dublin city centre which is kinda weird!

Anyway I remember reading about a matte top coat that you'd use over any nail colour, think it was Essie or OPI or one of those brands.

Edit: actually it was both brands! See http://beaut.ie/blog/?p=15444

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oooh, you can buy Nail Varnish in River Island... I forget the name of the actual company, Models something or other. Anyway, I have a few and they are lovely and matte.

• Advertisement
Advertisement