Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfit Running/Walking Buddy needed!

Options
  • 28-01-2010 9:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

I've been telling myself for ages that I'm going to go running each evening (well a few eves a week anyway!) just like all those other fit looking joggers around Charleland...But then I can probably only manage short bursts of running between walking.. I've never tried it and doubt I am fit enough to run without stopping every few mins!.. small steps :)

So, I am wondering if anyone out there is similarly unfit and would like to try this with me so we can spur each other on?
    Cheers,
    Sharon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

take my wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

dr ro wrote: »
    take my wife!

027.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Sharonh

take my wife!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭darter

take my wife!

Send a photo, maybe I'll take your wife... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Sharonh wrote: »
    I've been telling myself for ages that I'm going to go running each evening (well a few eves a week anyway!) just like all those other fit looking joggers around Charleland...But then I can probably only manage short bursts of running between walking.. I've never tried it and doubt I am fit enough to run without stopping every few mins!.. small steps :)

So, I am wondering if anyone out there is similarly unfit and would like to try this with me so we can spur each other on?
    Cheers,
    Sharon.

I went up North and bought one of these. Its very good and you dont need to go out in the cold.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9000582.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Hi, I would be interested in trying
    Sharonh wrote: »

Cheers,
    Sharon.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Two Boys wrote: »
    Hi, I would be interested in trying
    Hi, I would be interested in doing this, I can't do wed or thur nights though.

ok great, I'll PM you!

ciaran67 wrote: »
    I went up North and bought one of these. Its very good and you dont need to go out in the cold.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9000582.htm

Thanks!.. going to see how i get on outside especially with lighter evenings looming not too far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 annf

Hi Sharon

If you're still looking for somebody to run with why not try Kilcoole Running Club? We run on Monday and Wednesday nights, on the track beside Jackie Skelly. Come down at 7.15 on Monday or 7.00 on Wednesday. There are people of all abilities and ages running. Check out kilcooleac.com if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

annf wrote: »
    Hi Sharon

If you're still looking for somebody to run with why not try Kilcoole Running Club? We run on Monday and Wednesday nights, on the track beside Jackie Skelly. Come down at 7.15 on Monday or 7.00 on Wednesday. There are people of all abilities and ages running. Check out kilcooleac.com if you're interested.

Id be interested in this but I can't do mondays, is it ok to just come weds nights?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 annf

There is no problem if you can only come on Wednesday nights, lots of people only make one night because of other commitments.

Advertisement