Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering a move...

Options
  • 28-01-2010 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

Have been thinking about making the move to Australia for some time now. I'm teaching in Dublin and between the pay cuts and public sector bating and everything else I'm being swayed more and more towards the move. A few friends are currently in Melbourne after giving up on ireland after 8 mths unemployed and loving it they don't want to leave. I'm thinking of heading to Melbourne in summer to check it out and consider the move then if i like it.

Just asking for opinions /advice on this. Anyone made this move: How diffocult would it be to find second level teaching jobs in Melbourne (preferably). Just looking for ideas thoughts from anyone who has headed over?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Youll be expected to work for your money if you come here, dunno would it suit a PS worker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

CiaranC wrote: »
    Youll be expected to work for your money if you come here, dunno would it suit a PS worker

ouch! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

CiaranC wrote: »

Jesus Christ man who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

OP there are still openings for teachers in Oz I would not be the best in advising your were you should start looking.

Here is a thread on the British expats site
    http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648262&highlight=Teach

In relation to teaching, Registering with that site is very usefull in migrating to Oz. Its a bit of a theme here when the questions get very exact we send people to look at the BE site.

Advertisement