Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokémon

• 28-01-2010 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

I havent watched Pokémon for about 6 years. When I stopped, Ash, Misty and Brok were all together-what has happened since? Has Pikachu evovled?

It's been so long since I've watched it! Are they still making the series?:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think Misty went back to be a Gym Leader and Brock went....somewhere. Ash's Pikachu will never evolve :P

TBH, I'm not up to date on the series myself.

Yep, it's still being made :) Just a hell of a lot different to what it used to be :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_%28anime%29 - Pretty much explains it all.

632+ episodes and 12 (soon to be 13) movies. That's ALOT of Pokemon...

EDIT: This one's even better: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Main_Page

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

johto was the best series IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yeah think Misty went off to be a gym leader

Brock is still around, and some new chick Dawn

Ash has a new hat :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

632+ episodes and the highlight is ash's new hat:):) i kinda lost interest after the orange islands whenever that was. Must say though that battle at the end of the orange islands was good, the one against the dragonite over to 2 episodes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

It's a pity it's not on terrestrial tv here in Ireland anymore. I'd probably watch it if it was :o.

Does anyone think there'll ever be a pokérevival? With the young kiddies getting into it 'n all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well it never really went away if you think about it.

However, I doubt it'll ever become as popular as it was in the late 90's - early 00's. Which is unfortunate really :(

Well it never really went away if you think about it.

It never went away (obviously, since it just recently got a forum here!:D), but it hasn't been popular with its target age group at all the last few years has it? Not in Ireland at least as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

dambarude wrote: »
    it hasn't been popular with its target age group at all the last few years has it?
    They're all watchin High School Musical the b@stards!

unreggd wrote: »
    They're all watchin High School Musical the b@stards!

Or Hannah Montana/Ben 10/ etc. etc.

But none of these shows are as all encompassing as Pokémon was! Pokémon didn't finish when the program was over, there were the cards/stickers, games, some books and loads more. There was even Digimon to add a bit of variety!

It's their loss I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I never liked the show to be honest...
    The games was always where it's been at for me. I did take my little brothers to the cinema to see the first Pokémon movie when it came out though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Even with NTL digital I can never find Pokémon on tv. I'd bloody love to be able to watch it. D:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I only saw the first 3 movies. And theres nearly 10 more now!!! :eek:

is officer jenny and nurse joy in them anymore? Brock used to make me laugh when he was around 'em.

is officer jenny and nurse joy in them anymore? Brock used to make me laugh when he was around 'em.

Brock was a bit of a perv/stalker tbh.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wish I had Sky, or whatever shows Pokémon these days, I miss the anime.. I think I've seen most of the movies at this stage, I still remember going to see Mew v Mewtwo in the cinema :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

TBH, Pokémon is like anything that is huge at one time.

The list of things that were huge in their era, and then (while not entirely going away) fade dramatically is endless.

Pokémon was aimed at kids back in the late 90's-early00's and had its day... and sadly, that day is over. It was brilliant for me as a kid. Took over my whole life nearly!!!!

Advertisement