Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French

Options
  • 28-01-2010 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Can anyone help me with an opinion piece? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

If you'd like you could PM it, and I could look at it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

You need to make sure to state that it's your opinion throughout the piece and don't keep referring to the title, using the same verbs etc.

There are many different ways in saying "In my opinion". Please don't use "A mon avis" all the time. Try "D'après moi", "Selon moi" or you could even try "Je crois" or "Je trouve".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭i'm a smiler

Have a short intro (maybe 2/3 sents) explaining the topic briefly.

Develop the topic in 2/3 short paragraphs.
    Maybe giving the advantages/disadvantages etc

Have a short conclusion giving your opinion. (~ 3 sents)

Be really accurate with verbs.

Always look over your work and try to remember to make the adjectives agree etc.

Keep sentences relatively short, i.e no long, winding sentences.( less chance of grammar errors)

For a high grade, aim to include the subjunctive tense and try your best to use a rich and varied vocab. Learn new vocab that was covered in class/comprehensions/on the tape etc every night. A little, a lot is the key in French. It cannot be crammed.

I got the full 100 marks in my written section last year so it worked for me!

Advertisement