Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connected to Eircom router but no cigar

Options
  • 28-01-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just got a new Dell Inspiron Mini, but cannot access the internet. Lan cable access works fine, just wireless not working.

I have found the Wireless network, entered the WEP key, and connected to the router, but IE is showing Web page not displayed. No packets sending or receiving either.

Is there another wifi program causing a conflict with the Windows one. Windows one bring my prefered one to use, but i can't locate another one.

Please help, I hate sitting on the stairs having to use this yoke. Would much prefer to be wireless.

Also, 192.168.1.254 wont come up in IE address bar. iPhone connected seamlessly to the router though.
    Thanks
    Neuro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 SonicTitan

Try updating your WiFi card from the Device Manager page on the PC.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried connecting it in another hot spot?

You could try and connect by ethernet and turn the wireless security settings off briefly and see if that will help.

Advertisement