Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accommodation for 2010/2011 Help!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭cozzie55

Excuse my ignorance, but what are RA's?

Was that Roebuck Halls or Roebuck Catered?

RA's stands for Residential Assistants
    They are basically the people in charge by night and at the weekend. All they do is sit in the office and don't do much except stop parties if they are getting out of hand, you can also go to them if you hav a problem with the place(if the house is oven is on fire or anything like that). The are all students in 2nd or 3rd year generally and most are fairly dead on. By day there are other administrative people there to do there job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gemz223

does anyone know when you can move in?. Can you move in on the 6th?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smurk

Merville House 9 anyone? :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How do you pay the residential fees? My parents' credit card's limit is too low to pay for the first semester's fees. It has to be paid before the 6th. I only applied for the giro today so there's no way it will be paid in time.

They are not being very helpful in the accomodation office. They keep telling me that they will e-mail me their bank details and to do a bank transfer, but they never actually send any to my email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

How do you pay the residential fees? My parents' credit card's limit is too low to pay for the first semester's fees. It has to be paid before the 6th. I only applied for the giro today so there's no way it will be paid in time.

They are not being very helpful in the accommodation office. They keep telling me that they will e-mail me their bank details and to do a bank transfer, but they never actually send any to my email.

I found the bank details on their website yesterday. However, it was unintentionally so I wouldn't be able to tell you where they are but they are on the UCD website for sure!

NEVERTHELESS the credit card limit doesnt matter. Just lodge your fee amount which in my case is €8300 onto the credit card like you do when your paying your credit card bills you go in bring your credit card and pay the amount owing. Your credit card will go into plus €8300 and then pay the fees and it will minus €8300 and your credit card will be back to normal again.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

They are not being very helpful in the accomodation office. They keep telling me that they will e-mail me their bank details and to do a bank transfer, but they never actually send any to my email.

I think this is what you're looking for, but I'm not sure.

Click "Methods of Payment" (it's a Word document), and it's under "Bank Transfer (IBAN)". Make sure you put your student number in the narrative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Aoife x

Hii..

Is anybody headin to muckross park halls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sanchez13

Belgrove isnt rough, in fact nowhere in UCD really is. Well apart from those security GOONS. Granted the people in Belgrove tend to be a bit louder (and sounder!! ah no joke joke!!) but it is college after all. My mate was in Merville last year, had major problems topping up his electricity card, led to many a blackout and many a game of pro evo left unplayed! Belgrove all the way. See you there this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

You can pay by cheque if you ask. That's what I did for both semesters last year. Just make sure to ring and ask first, or email them at residences@ucd.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Does anyone know what is supplied in the Merville apartments exactly? Do we have to bring our own pillows and duvets etc..

• Advertisement

Mmcd wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is supplied in the Merville apartments exactly? Do we have to bring our own pillows and duvets etc..

Hii :)

I was wonderin this earlier there too..but apparently pillows and duvets are supplied..ye gata just bring your own bedlinen.

Aoife x wrote: »
    Hii :)

I was wonderin this earlier there too..but apparently pillows and duvets are supplied..ye gata just bring your own bedlinen.
    Oh right thanks, does it say that stuff on the website anywhere?

Aye i saw it under accomodation somewhere ! Look under merville residences i think :)
    what house are you?

Aoife x wrote: »
    Aye i saw it under accomodation somewhere ! Look under merville residences i think :)
    what house are you?
    Found it thanks. It's all here
    House 4 by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Mmcd wrote: »
    Found it thanks. It's all here
    House 4 by the way

I'm house 17 :D

Go shoping for pans and plates and stuff in lidl or dunnes with your flatmates, would be a good way of breaking the ice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mgar

Hi, my daughter is going into UCD year and looking for accommodation to share. She will be in the Roebuck. Glad to hear for anyone looking for someone extra to share with.:)

Hi, is anyone looking for an extra person to share with at UCD. My daughter has just accepted a place and looking for a place - she will be in Roebuck. Grateful to hear from anyone with a place.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Belgrove, apartment 1, house 35.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 chair

How are people paying for on campus? I wanna pay by cheque and move in on Monday. Can I just bring up a cheque and pay then?

Also I'm scheduled to get my student card on tuesday, could I get it on monday as I can't move in without it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

chair wrote: »
    How are people paying for on campus? I wanna pay by cheque and move in on Monday. Can I just bring up a cheque and pay then?

Also I'm scheduled to get my student card on tuesday, could I get it on monday as I can't move in without it!

I did a bank transfer yesterday. Yah you can bring a cheque with you on Monday...should be fine! :) I rang them the last day to ask....

• Advertisement

frser32 wrote: »
    I did a bank transfer yesterday. Yah you can bring a cheque with you on Monday...should be fine! :) I rang them the last day to ask....

really where did they say you can leave it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

chair wrote: »
    really where did they say you can leave it in?

I rang the main accommodation office, you can give it to the office of your residence when your checking in. http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/fees/ >Methods of Payment

Hey Katie, my niece who is 18 is starting a first years Arts in UCD in September is looking for a place to share with another girl/girls, maximum rent of €400/month.

If you are interested, I can give you her number and you can discuss.

E

Hello, my daughter is starting in UCD this year - looking to share accommodation - if you are interested please let me know.

frser32 wrote: »
    I rang the main accommodation office, you can give it to the office of your residence when your checking in. http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/fees/ >Methods of Payment

thanks, that should be grand so, was having a few probs paying online!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I don't really understand the Licence to Reside. I'm guessing somebody there signs the UCD line, and I sign the Occupier line, but who is the Gaurantor (Third Part) - is that one of my parents?

Also there are two sections for filling in the details of the witnesses. Are those witnesses here or do they 'witness' it up there - it's quite confusing.

EDIT: I read in my SIS account that it has to be signed by the gaurantor and by me, and then presented when checking in. Not sure about the witness thing though.

I don't really understand the Licence to Reside. I'm guessing somebody there signs the UCD line, and I sign the Occupier line, but who is the Gaurantor (Third Part) - is that one of my parents?

Also there are two sections for filling in the details of the witnesses. Are those witnesses here or do they 'witness' it up there - it's quite confusing.

EDIT: I read in my SIS account that it has to be signed by the gaurantor and by me, and then presented when checking in. Not sure about the witness thing though.

I'm pretty sure that last year the "witnesses" were the people in front of or behind you in the queue. They basically sign your form and you sign their's. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

Sulmac wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that last year the "witnesses" were the people in front of or behind you in the queue. They basically sign your form and you sign their's. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

So I don't need to have my guarantor with me?they don't actually have to witness them signing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kiwi2

domrush wrote: »
    I'm house 17 :D

Go shoping for pans and plates and stuff in lidl or dunnes with your flatmates, would be a good way of breaking the ice

Do they not supply pots and pans etc??...

BDR wrote: »
    So I don't need to have my guarantor with me?they don't actually have to witness them signing it?

Oh, I'm not too sure about that one, sorry! I'd have them with you just in case there are any problems with the application. You can never be too safe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Please tell me it's ok to pay electronically today for Merville?

Advertisement